You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#311802 - 09/27/15 06:36 AM [User Showcase] New Song: My Crazy Life With You
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Dear Forum Friends,
First, my apologies for not being on the forum lately. Between work, life, piano, time keeps slipping away. Someone should write a sond about that.
So a couple of weeks back my wonderful wife and lyricist wrote a poem for me about our life and times traveling the world throughout my Air Force career. This snappy little tune tells the happy story from our start in New York to eventually putting down roots her in Maryland. Thirty + years in under three minutes, quite a ride.
I also like to apologize in adance to my German firends. Please forgive the german lryics, mein deutches ist kaput!
Here are the Soundclick links. I'll update this post with the Soundcloud link shortly.
Enjoy!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=13220387&q=hi&newref=1
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13220387
http://www.soundclick.com/dcspacedog

Technical BB stuff:

Style is _WNSWING.STY (WesternSwing Quintet Sw(150-220))
Style is_FATSWALR.STY for Stride bass piano (panned R)

My Piano: Midi SampleTank2-Bright Electric Grand (panned L)
RealTracks in style: ~537:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~373:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~1128:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm WesternSwingWarmA-B Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~812:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Western Swing Sw 165

#311807 - 09/27/15 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
SpaceDog -

I like this one, because it's from real life. You guys really got around in 30+ years! Join the USAF - see the world! grin

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#311812 - 09/27/15 09:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi SD,

very nice and uplifting song.
Regards to your wife.
Christkindlmarkt und Autobahn are a
nice touch for me. Where in Germany were
you stationed?
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

P.S. I like your vocals and piano.

#311835 - 09/27/15 01:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Nicely done. Enjoyed hearing about your crazy life.
Thanks for your service to us also.

Charlie

#311888 - 09/27/15 08:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Bob,
Thanks. Yep, it's been a real whirlwind.

Guenter,
I was actually thinking, "What will Guenter say when he hears this?" Thanks for you kind words. Glad you liked it.
We lived in Heidelberg for one year and Osterholz-Sharmbeck (near Bremen) for two back in the 80s. Those were three great years!

Charlie,
Thanks for listening and commenting.
It was an honor to serve. I'd do it all again if they made me 21 again!

SD

#311893 - 09/27/15 08:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Yes we all need some crazy in our lives. Well done.
Rob

#311895 - 09/27/15 10:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Fun song! The music fits the mood well. I work with many retired AF, and some active duty. This was nicely put together. Your midi piano fit well. Nice work! Take care. Greg

#311956 - 09/28/15 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: Rob4580]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Rob
+1 Well put together. This is kind of like a musical travelogue. Sounds like an interesting life. My compliments. An enjoyable listen. Tom

#312011 - 09/28/15 03:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
SpaceDog,

This one is a lot of fun - really enjoyed the arrangement and delivery. Very well done.

Bob

#312022 - 09/28/15 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
gruverider Offline
Expert

What a great song style to deliver your journey to. That swing always brings life to any song it backs up.

Much enjoyed.

#312062 - 09/28/15 08:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
SD,

Very enjoyable! The music is a great much for the theme and the arrangement is perfect for both. This would work really well as a ragtime piece, too.

Congratulations to you both on so many years and so many places!

Regards,
Noel

#312072 - 09/29/15 12:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: tommyad]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Rob
+1 Well put together. This is kind of like a musical travelogue. Sounds like an interesting life. My compliments. An enjoyable listen. Tom

says it all,

I enjoyed the journey

Alyn

#312104 - 09/29/15 05:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Nice song, SD.

Good mix and vocal.

You ought to make a video to go along with this - with pictures from all of those adventures. You'll want to play it at your 50th....

floyd

#312130 - 09/29/15 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Cool "true life" song and we always LOVE
a swing. I agree with floyd -- this song begs
a video!

Enjoyed it!
J&B Website

#312194 - 09/29/15 06:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Rob,
Thanks. I agree, a little crazy is a good thing.

Greg,
Thanks for the kind words. and thanks for watching out for our vets.

Tommy,
It's been a fun ride. I glad you liked to song.

Bob,
Thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed it. Take care.

Gruverider,
I really like the swing style also. It's always fun to work with.

Noel,
Thanks. I started the arrangement in Fats Waller stride piano and Scott Joplin piano styles. Then I styled my playing on those rhythms.

Alyn,
Glad you liked it. Thanks for listening.

Floyd, J&B,
Great idea about the video. I've never done one. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

SD

#312197 - 09/29/15 06:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Quote:
I started the arrangement in Fats Waller stride piano and Scott Joplin piano styles. Then I styled my playing on those rhythms.

SD,

Thanks for passing the information along. That explains why I could hear it working with a ragtime setting. I've just had another listen. Yep, it's good!

Noel

#312296 - 09/30/15 04:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

As promised, here's the Soundcloud link:

https://soundcloud.com/dcspacedog/my-crazy-life-with-you

#312302 - 09/30/15 05:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
SRP Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
I wish that I could play piano for I would certainly have more fun but that is why I have to rely on BIAB for all my instruments. I enjoyed listening to your life's history through your song and I salute you guys for having so much fun in those thirty years. My wife and I celebrated forty-seven years the twenty-first of this month and I have enjoyed every second of it.
Sonny

#312307 - 09/30/15 05:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Very nice, SD.

I have been out of commission around here at the forum for awhile, myself. Good to hear something from you here. Congrats on a successful marriage! Enjoyed the song!

Steve

#312321 - 09/30/15 07:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: My Crazy Life With You [Re: SpaceDog]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I've always felt that most of the best songs come from within. And by that I mean there's something going on within the songwriter that brings the song to come about, whether it be feelings, events or what have you. This song is no exception.
On the more tech side of things, I got two pointers if I may: I particularly noticed the well constructed/performed harmonies but did wonder if perhaps some "gadgets" were used, for they seemed almost "too clean", if that makes sense? And second, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do think the convention with piano is panning the higher register to the right and lower to the left, you appear to have this reversed....?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27614 Members
50 Forums
52210 Topics
432092 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
BillyP, fleahead, Dolph, annzpdas01, drummingsteve

27613 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 164