You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#110550 - 04/04/11 12:17 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Demo Song
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Germany/France
I am following regularly the forum, find it generally interesting but do not participate regularly because I usually do not have "much to report"...
For some months I had asked how could I attribute a demo-song to a style that I have bought or created myself (the new created style apears of course in your Style picker once you re-built it, but no demo song is available when you want to press the "demo song"button).
You have to load the style and then "open" the song (if you know where it is stored)
At the time when I asked the forum I did not get an answer I could work with...

So I had to find it out by myself!
This I have done and this is how it works:

- You have imported or created a new style: NICE.STY

- The style is now in your file "BB" (has to be), you have re-built the list and you have now (generally under "other styles found" NICE.STY apearing (with a greyed Demo-song button))

- You open the song that you want to relate to the style (or you create it)

- You save the song under BB (has to be) with the same name as the style: NICE.MGU

- Voila! Next time you click on the style the Demo Song button reacts and loads NICE.MGU in the NICE.STY.
It is amazing to see that (most of the time) with this BiB, there is a way...!

Hope it helps all bozos like me outside...

Bernard

#110551 - 04/04/11 01:04 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Bernard]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Good tip. Thanks.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#110552 - 04/04/11 02:58 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Matt Finley]
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Germany/France
Hello Matt,

Have you already tried it???

Bernard

#110553 - 04/04/11 04:07 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Bernard]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
No, but I had read this before, years ago. It looks correct.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#110554 - 04/05/11 05:59 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Matt Finley]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
Bernard, your method is OK. To make it twork, the demo song (ABC.mgu) must have the save name as the style (ABC.STY). Furthermore, you can create in BIAB a special directory where you will put all your demo songs related to your own user styles. That is convenient to get all your demo songs in the same place and it adds some clarity in BIAB directory.

#110555 - 02/15/12 04:35 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: John-Luke]
davispolk Offline

Loc: USA
These are excellent tips. Thanks for sharing this...

#110556 - 04/22/12 11:20 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: davispolk]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
+1
Though I don't need this now, I hope to remember it later when I do need it.

Thanks for posting!

#110557 - 04/22/12 02:09 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

I always wondered how, thanks!

PG Music News
It's Almost Over - Band-in-a-Box® Special Ends January 15th!

You're running time to order your Band-in-a-Box® upgrade and save up to 50%!

Order before January 15th for great savings on most upgrade packages and a Free Bonus PAK!

Mac users - Place your order online at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Windows users - Place your order online at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

...or give us a call.

Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box®... Special Ends January 15th!

There's only a few days left to purchase your Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box at discounted pricing... offers end January 15th!

Xtra Styles PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box®:
Over 160 professionally mixed RealStyles in 4 volumes: Rock-Pop 2, Jazz 2, Country 2, and Bluegrass and World 2, $15 each. Get the All Xtra Styles PAK 2 (4 volumes) for only $29 (reg. $49).

Xtra Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®:
Over 160 professionally mixed RealStyles in 4 volumes: Rock-Pop 1, Jazz 1, Country 1, and Singer/Songwriter 1, $15 each. Get the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 (4 volumes) for only $29 (reg. $49).

Want them all? The All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2 Bundle is the package for you with ALL 8 volumes (325 RealStyles) for the special price of only $49 (reg. $98)!
Includes: Includes all 325 RealStyles from PAKs 1 (released summer 2016) AND 2 (released December 2016), for Jazz, Country, Rock-Pop, Singer/Songwriter, and Bluegrass & World.

Listen to all the Xtra Styles demos here.

Purchase for Windows here.
Purchase for Mac here.

Note: All of the Xtra Styles in Volumes 1 & 2 work with any Band-in-a-Box® 2016 or later UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition with a 2016 49-PAK.

Act Now - The Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Special Ends January 15th!

Time is running out! The Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand special pricing ends January 15th!

Order before then and save $20 when you purchase all 3 volumes for just $29 (reg $49). Individual volumes are available for $19 each.

Learn more about the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand special - choose your OS here:
Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand - Mac
Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand - Windows

Beginners Forum - How Sound is Routed...

Every wonder exactly how the sound in Band-in-a-Box is routed to your speakers? It's one thing to explain it in writing, but it's often easier to understand this process when you see it as a diagram.

And that's exactly what you can do when you take a look at the forum post pghboemike shared in our Beginners Forum - Click here to check it out!

Great explanation pghboemike - thank you for sharing!

Do you have a handy tip to share with Beginners to Band-in-a-Box or music tech in general? Join our forum and post to our Beginners Forum today!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Special Ends January 15th!

There's still time to order your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac upgrade and save up to 50%!

Order before January 15th for great savings on most upgrade packages and a Free Bonus PAK! Learn more about the features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Place your order online at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm or give us a call.

The special pricing we are offering for the Xtra Styles PAKs and Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand end January 15th also!

Learn more about the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand special... all 3 volumes for just $29 (reg $49) here: www.pgmusic.com/celticguitarmasterclass.mac.htm

Listen to demos & learn more about the Xtra Styles PAKs 1-2, which are on sale for $29 each volume (reg $49) here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows Special Ends January 15th!

There's still time to order your Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows upgrade and save up to 50%!

Order before January 15th for great savings on most upgrade packages and a Free Bonus PAK!

Learn more about what's new in Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm. When you're ready, place your order online at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm or give us a call.

The special pricing we are offering for the Xtra Styles PAKs and Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand end January 15th also!

Learn more about the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand special... all 3 volumes for just $29 (reg $49) here: www.pgmusic.com/celticguitarmasterclass.htm

Listen to demos & learn more about the Xtra Styles PAKs 1-2, which are on sale for $29 each volume (reg $49) here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Submit Your Video Testimonial Today!

Want to share with others how much you love Band-in-a-Box? You should create a Video Testimonial and send it to us, just like these other users did!

Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK! Click here to learn more.

Check out the Video Testimonials we've received so far: www.pgmusic.com/videotestimonials.php

Forum Stats
25712 Members
47 Forums
43565 Topics
351950 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
onedementino, Tom_G, Svenno, saimusic, BAKslider

25712 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 236
Noel96 210