Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#319587 - 11/22/15 07:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Standing ovation, Tom!

The production is fantastic. That chorus is absolutely killer.

It's most definitely Award Winning!
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#319644 - 11/22/15 10:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: PeterF]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,

once again great lyrics and vocal delivery (including
the harmonies).
Nice arrangement. The drums sound fantastic.
I enjoyed my listens a lot.

Guenter
Guenter, Thanks for the fine review. Glad you took time to point out the lyrics. Tom
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom
Great overall sound. Drums and acoustic guitars sound very nice.
Vocals and writing are top notch.
Peter, Thanks for giving it a spin and for the nice comments. Tom

#319710 - 11/22/15 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: olemon]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: olemon
Standing ovation, Tom!

I couldn't say it any better.

As been noted this should win a grammy or two, best record of the year, best song of the year, and best new artist.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#319817 - 11/23/15 06:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: RichMac]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Great work Tom! And kudos to Bud's ears too.
Love the song and you sound super on it.
Thanks Josie. Bud heard something in this that turned out to be spot on. I had to set it aside for awhile until I found the guitar real tracks in the chorus that fixed the problem.Tom
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Love this one, Tom. I echo what's been said.

Regards,

Bob
Bob, I appreciate it. Tom
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Very nice song and beautifully done. Great song idea. The title attracted me. Cheers.
Richard, As I mentioned earlier, I had been carrying around that line for awhile now. I just kept trying it out and didn't give up on it. Thanks, Tom

#319861 - 11/23/15 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom,

You just keep steppin' up to the plate and knocking it outta the park.

The production and mix on this are stunning. All the right things at all the right times.

Your vocals get more confident all the time.

Your writing has evolved to that "solid every time" place. The lyrics are natural, smooth, perfect prosody throughout. They fall on the ear beautifully. Your melodies are knockin' me over... Pro combo.

Stunning. Really.

floyd

#319967 - 11/24/15 05:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: VideoTrack]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Love the song - catchy hook, well sung and arranged.

The mix seems a bit hot, though.
David, Thanks, It may be a tad hot because my hearing loss is getting worse. Tom
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Tommy

Great write. Fabulous paradigm in the lyrics. Great harmonies in the chorus and overall sensational high-class delivery.

I really liked the drive throughout the entire song.

This could make air-play

Trev

Trevor, Glad you liked the write. Thanks for mentioning the harmony. Tom

#319991 - 11/24/15 08:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Tom, there's little left to say about this -- seriously.
Everybody has laser beamed in on the excellence
re the write, the vocal, the arrangement and the
amazing mix. Having done my share of mixing off
and on over the decades I'm in awe of how you
can pull this off with that number of tracks. Amazing.

And, at the risk of being redundant, I want to add that
you have a RARE talent and that is the ability to write
lyrics that can appeal to a very broad spectrum of
listeners - across all economic and social strata your
lyrics can capture about anybody who loves music.

Well done!

J&B
J&B Website

#320160 - 11/25/15 04:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: gibson]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Power country ballads fit you well and you've filled the spot with some nice songs recently.

The quality of the songs being submitted on the forum is constantly improving and so many are meeting the challenge of raising the bar that has been set that I think it is a good time for PGMusic to revisit some version of a streaming BIAB radio station.

It may be too late for this years release but how nice would it be to open up BIAB/RB, hit the radio button and streaming, steaming hits like this fill your headphones or speakers?

Good song, mix, arrangement and performance. I enjoyed your details shared with Sergio.
Charlie, I was just thinking about that radio station the other day. I hope the idea didn't die on the vine. Thanks for the nice words. Tom
Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom,
That is almost perfect!
Clear mix, wonderful vocals nice chord sequence all that was missing was you and a guitar solo at the end mad grin

I enjoyed my listens

Alyn
Love that phrase, almost perfect. Thanks, Tom

#320421 - 11/25/15 04:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Great song the best of yours recent.

All goes well.

Sergio

Sergio

#320663 - 11/26/15 05:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: floyd jane]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Standing ovation, Tom!

Thanks Scott. Tom
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Standing ovation, Tom!

I couldn't say it any better.

As been noted this should win a grammy or two, best record of the year, best song of the year, and best new artist.

Mario, I appreciate you stopping by for a listen. Tom
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

You just keep steppin' up to the plate and knocking it outta the park.

The production and mix on this are stunning. All the right things at all the right times.

Your vocals get more confident all the time.

Your writing has evolved to that "solid every time" place. The lyrics are natural, smooth, perfect prosody throughout. They fall on the ear beautifully. Your melodies are knockin' me over... Pro combo.

Stunning. Really.

floyd

floyd, Thanks for mentioning the lyrics. I recently have been spending more time on them. Tom

#320939 - 11/27/15 06:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: Janice & Bud]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Tom, there's little left to say about this -- seriously.
Everybody has laser beamed in on the excellence
re the write, the vocal, the arrangement and the
amazing mix. Having done my share of mixing off
and on over the decades I'm in awe of how you
can pull this off with that number of tracks. Amazing.

And, at the risk of being redundant, I want to add that
you have a RARE talent and that is the ability to write
lyrics that can appeal to a very broad spectrum of
listeners - across all economic and social strata your
lyrics can capture about anybody who loves music.

Well done!

J&B
Thanks you two, I really appreciate this endorsement. As I eluded to earlier, I have been taking a much closer look at the lyrics lately. I have found that the real magic is in the rewrite. It's never there the first time through. It has to be nudged along and nurtured to reach it's full potential. I don't think I fully grasped the concept in the past, but I'm starting to get it now. Thanks again, Tom

#321295 - 11/28/15 07:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Great song the best of yours recent.

All goes well.

Sergio
Thanks for giving it a spin Sergio. Tom

#321335 - 11/28/15 11:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hey Tom.

A power ballad! Great. Sounds like a Bon Jovi song.

I loved the whole thing, but like Alyn, I was waiting for the Richie Sambora solo!

Excellent vocals and a professional mix.

One of your very best.

ROG.

#321400 - 11/28/15 02:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi tom wow this is a great peace very well done mix everything fits perfectly excellent real tracks thanks for sharing eric

#321721 - 11/29/15 05:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: ROG]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hey Tom.

I loved the whole thing, but like Alyn, I was waiting for the Richie Sambora solo!

One of your very best.

ROG.
ROG, Thanks for coming by. I appreciate it. Tom

#321736 - 11/29/15 06:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
jim111 Offline
Journeyman

Yet another +1 for all the positive comments. Excellent in all departments.

#321764 - 11/29/15 10:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
This song is awesome; think it is the best you've ever done in a long line of good music. Writing, mix and vocal exceptional; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#322104 - 12/01/15 09:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: PgFantastic]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hey Tom.

One of your very best.

ROG.
ROG, Thanks for the nice review. Tom
Originally Posted By: jim111
Yet another +1 for all the positive comments. Excellent in all departments.
Jim, Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment. Tom
Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
This song is awesome; think it is the best you've ever done in a long line of good music. Writing, mix and vocal exceptional; thanks for sharing!
Thanks, I appreciate it. Tom

#322446 - 12/02/15 12:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Tommy this is such a big sound. Love the song, love the production.
Your a real pro my friend.
Rob

#322492 - 12/02/15 04:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Should Win An Oscar [Re: tommyad]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Tom, this is just outstanding! I've been out of pocket for several weeks, and sure glad I didn't miss this one! (But then, I pretty much like every song you submit!)

Steve

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27994 Members
57 Forums
54099 Topics
446311 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
nitz, smokinhalfnote, snenamor, yes daddy music, grivers

27993 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 181