Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Best of YouTube
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It was recorded in 12/11/2005 at The Cummings library auditorium in Stuart Florida. A friend of mine took a video of the concert, and gave me an hour plus mpg. I'll extract more songs in the future.

Featuring:

Leilani Chandler - vocals and Buchla Thunder tactile MIDI controller with Roland SC-55 synth module

Bob Norton - Yamaha WX5 wind controller with Yamaha VL70-m synth module.

Backing track by Bob Norton (I suspect there is some Band-in-a-Box in the backing track - there is on most of my songs, but 2005 was a long time ago and I think I sequenced this one in 2002 when Celine Dion released it). (My beard has even turned grey since then but Leilani still looks great.)

All the music, (except the vocals) are MIDI controlled synthesizers mixed down to an mp3. http://www.nortonmusic.com/backing_tracks.html

Video by John Carlile using the built in microphone, so pardon the low fidelity.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks, Bob. I really enjoyed that. Please keep posting more. Looking forward to it.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Best of YouTube
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
There’s no wonder you make a living out of this! It’s Top Notch !!!

Band in a Box & Real Band 2023 (latest build)
Windows 11 Home - Intel Core i7-8750H - 2.20 GHz - RAM: 32 GB
Steinberg UR-RT4

Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Pretty cool stuff there Bob, this is one of those treasures that is well worth keeping.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Top shelf Mr. Notes and wow Leilani can SANG!

Congrats!

Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
That was fantastic Leilani and Notes!

If you were to put out a CD of standards like this I would buy it in one nanosecond! hint-hint-hint

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Best of YouTube
Expert
Expert
I'm impressed. Thank you.

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Really enjoyed that, Bob.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Top notch, indeed! Stellar performances!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Loved it! We need to point people here when they say "MIDI sucks" I can’t believe MUSICIANS still think that 1990 Doom game sound tracks or MS wavetable are what MIDI always sounds like or that’s the extent of its capabilities.

BTW the Etta James version is my wife's favorite song of all songs, and frankly when I want to "cry in my scotch" I load the Etta J. VINYL version on my turntable (not Celine) and crank it.

Having said that my wife really liked your cover of it - and that says a lot.

now send me the MIDI of the THAT string intro grin

Larry

Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Great stuff, Bob, with nice appreciative and well deserved applause and the end.
Was it a "dancing" gig or a "listening gig?"

Cheers,
Keith
Best of YouTube
L
Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
L
Really nice performance. Great vocals, great playing and great midi. Midi is so wonderfully timeless... So valuable and underutilized.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Best of YouTube
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank you all for the kind comments.

Kieth, it was a listening gig.

The Stuart library system has auditoriums where they hold concerts. A mix of national and local acts. It's a way to keep people interested in the library and offer another community service.

This was our first one, and we've done every other year since then (which is the most anybody gets). We've also 'graduated' to the biggest library with the biggest auditorium (holds a couple of hundred people with a real stage.

Larry, we too enjoy the Etta James version more than the Celine Dion (although she did a decent cover). Beyonce did a nice cover, too. Me? I like Leilani's version best (I'm prejudiced though).

Danny, yes Leilani can SANG. I got real lucky with her.

I met her when we were both recently divorced. She was singing in another band, and we became each others groupies for a while. Then my band broke up, and hers was about to. At that time another group was looking for a sax player and singer. We joined. About a year later, after some personnel problems, we started the duo, pre-recording the tracks on a 4 track Teac reel-to-reel tape recorder. When MIDI came we embraced that as my house doesn't have good acoustics.

Mario, we've had a number of requests for a CD. I used to be a first call sax player in the only decent recording studio around. The owner had a stroke in the 1990s and nobody has replaced that. I guess home recording is in, but I don't have a good room or the gear for that. frown And between gigging and the BiaB business, time is short too.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Bob

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Best of YouTube
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
BTW, does anyone know of a camera model that we could set up and get wireless audio from our PA system? If so, I'd do some self-recording.

Best of YouTube
J
Expert
Expert
J
Great performance !!! Thanks for sharing. The arrangement is so good - I can't wait to hear one in even higher fidelity.

Best of YouTube
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Bob, it's actually quite easy to sync audio and video. So much so, that the video camera does not actually have to even have recording audio capability.

I recommend choosing a camera for its video qualities only. It is more important that your camera has features such as zoom, manual white balance, low light capability so you can capture the best video in all of your venues various lighting conditions from any location you set up the camera. You can record the audio straight off the PA and sync the audio and video in any video software program including MS Movie Maker.

All of the portable digital handheld recorders have a line in 1/8" stereo jack input and can record quality mp3 or 44.1 wav from the PA.

When you record direct from you mixer, it is sometimes helpful to connect a mic turned toward the audience to capture ambient room noise to include in your mix.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 01/10/16 04:21 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

How about streaming one or more of your entire performances on Concert Window, they will make a video of the entire performance for you "and you only" to edit and use as you please. Plus you I am sure you will make a few bucks in the process, not to mention publicity on the world wide web. Just a thought.

Later,

Danny C.

Best of YouTube
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Charlie.

I'm thinking about putting the camera across the room and out of the way and don't want a wire going to the mini-phone jack.

And the suggestion to mix some crowd noise is good.

Perhaps a small wireless mic that could be put near the speaker - but that is starting to sound complicated.

Danny, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check into that. I want to make sure the songs are licensed (YouTube has a standard license) - especially if I'm going to get any compensation.

Do you know where I can find Concert Window? All that turns up in a search is Facebook.

Notes
D

Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Bob and Leilani,

Top shelf performance by any measurement!

You seemed to be enjoying yourselves which makes it great fun too. Thanks for sharing. I'll watch for encore performances soon.

Leilani is a keeper, for sure!

Best of YouTube
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
"I'm thinking about putting the camera across the room and out of the way and don't want a wire going to the mini-phone jack."

Just to clarify; there is no physical connection between the camera and the mixer. The video and audio are two separate recordings. The audio recording and video recording are merged and synced together in a video editor software program. In fact, you could use multiple cameras for different angle shots to be edited into your video project if you wanted to. The camera could be located anywhere and with no physical connection to the audio, your camera selection is not dependent on any audio features. The source for capturing video can be anything that gives you suitable quality. You are essentially making a music video.

If your mixer has aux outs, record your audio feed there. You can record on any digital medium. The small, cheap dictation recorders are ideal. Just get one that records in the wav and/or mp3/wma format.

The key to the process is syncing the video and audio together. Syncing is simply making a mark in the video that you have a corresponding audio mark at exactly the same place so the audio and video can synced together in your video editor. It is a quick, distinct, sharp sound such as a hand clap or hitting drumsticks together. This will make a distinct spike in the audio signal. In your video editor, you go to the frame where that specific sound occurs - ie-the video frame where the hands come together in the clap and align that frame with the corresponding audio spike. It is why you see someone in the movies snapping a board at the start of filming.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,655
Posts735,483
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173