You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#129899 - 09/27/11 09:30 AM What is the name of the shortest song to enter the us or uk top 100 chart
pghboemike Offline
Expert

Duane Eddy's "Some Kinda Earthquake" in 1959, 1 minute and 17 seconds.

some links found on the way to this info

discussion of short songs
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/archive/index.php/t-47442.html

music trivia
http://www.bodees.com/Bodees/oldtrivia.htm

List of Billboard Hot 100 chart achievements and milestones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_Hot_100_chart_achievements_and_milestones

Record Breakers and Trivia UK Record Breakers and Trivia

http://www.everyhit.com/record.html

#129900 - 09/27/11 09:48 AM Re: What is the name of the shortest song to enter the us or uk top 100 chart [Re: pghboemike]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
I thought I'd always remember who wrote "Thirty-six Second Song" (NOT the one you find in the Google search), only I don't. I do remember the complete lyrics and melody, complete with steel guitar outro:

All the DJs say
That songs today run much too long
And so that's why I went and wrote
This thirty-six second song

#129901 - 09/27/11 11:33 AM Re: What is the name of the shortest song to enter the us or uk top 100 chart [Re: Ryszard]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Guess it beats The Minute Waltz.... by 24 seconds....

#129902 - 09/27/11 03:22 PM Re: What is the name of the shortest song to enter the us or uk top 100 chart [Re: eddie1261]
Jim Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Texas

I'm pretty sure it didn't make the us or uk top 100 chart, this one gets us off the stage quickly when nature calls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X30l7A8-BRM

#129903 - 09/27/11 10:24 PM Re: What is the name of the shortest song to enter the us or uk top 100 chart [Re: Jim]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Ok, so I misread the topic and thought you meant what was the shortest song title and my guess for that would be S.O.S. by Abba.

As for shortest song to get on the charts - I'll admit I was too clueless to guess.

Josie-Youtube

Josie-Soundcloud

Josie & Bob on iTunes

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks, RealDrums & MIDI SuperTracks Patch

There is a new general maintenance patch for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. Not only does the patch includes all of the recent fixes and enhancements for files shipped in 2013 and 2014, we've also added "Simple" variations to hundreds more previously released RealTracks. For more information and to download the patch click here.

RealTracks Compatibility Patch

This patch is for customers who purchased RealTracks Sets that were released after their Band-in-a-Box/RealBand version was released, and are having trouble getting the new RealTracks to be recognized by the program. Download the patch here.

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box 2014

You've bought Band-in-a-Box 2014 and you're ready to start using the program! After you install the program you will be prompted to activate Band-in-a-Box within 30 days. This can be done over the Internet or by phone. Watch how to activate your Band-in-a-Box 2014 here.

Video - RealBand: Batch File Convert

With RealBand 2014 you can save lots of time by batch converting your various audio files, RealBand SEQ files, or Band-in-a-Box song files to an audio format of your choice. Watch the video to see how fast and easy you can do this.

User To User Video Tutorials

Have you made a video tutorial about a PG Music product? Why not share it! The User to User Video Tutorials page is where you can pass along helpful information to other PG Music users.

Sharing Your Band-in-a-Box Songs

You've just finished arranging your song in Band-in-a-Box and now you want to share it. Maybe you want to send it to your mom for Mother's Day; or to your band mates or students for practicing. There are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song!

Video: Adding RealTracks To Your Band-in-a-Box Song

Watch how you can add great sounding backing tracks to your Band-in-a-Box song here.

Forum Stats
21863 Members
41 Forums
28801 Topics
226992 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Ariel L., ESTRABLIN, michelc, Danny Williams, fischkopp99

21863 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mac 135
dani48 105