Topic Options
Index
#333974 - 01/29/16 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: toucher]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,

you know I love your vocals and harmonies.
Together with the guitars and the rest of the
arrangement this makes a great song.
Enjoyed listening several times.

Guenter
Guenter, Thanks once again for a very positive review. Tom
Originally Posted By: toucher
All I can say is Wow.......this is what we should be hearing on the radio.

Love the storage and orange almost rhyme.....lol

everything is top notch..

Rob
Rob, I am really glad to see you stop by for a listen. Thanks for the kind words and for pointing out what may be one of my most unusual rhymes. Tom

#334046 - 01/30/16 05:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: tommyad]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Hi Tom

Another awesome tune. Loved it. Excellent guitar and vocal

#334058 - 01/30/16 06:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: ROG]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Tom.

A super piece of country rock which hits the ground at a gallop.

Sounds great LOUD, but I think I think this one really needs to be played in the truck on the interstate.

Great track. Loved the whole thing.

ROG.

We totally agree on this!
Very nice groove, guitar work and vocals

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#334081 - 01/30/16 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: Janice & Bud]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
ft my apartment and put everything in storage
headed east the sun came up and turned the whole world orange

Awesome intro line!! "storage" and "orange"-so clever but not a bit of a forced feeling. The song just grabs you from the first note, and that tele is SWEEEEET! Songs can be fun, or substantive, and in the case of a truly gifted writer (one Tommyad), they can be both. If there's anything wrong with this, I don't know what it is. You are writing some killer Tom!!! Take care. Greg
Hey there Greg. I'm glad you liked it and thank you for the very kind review. tom
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"left my apartment and put everything in storage
headed east the sun came up and turned the whole world orange
a desert sunrise beats all i’ve ever seen
a forgotten postcard from my childhood dreams"

Sheeeesh!! What a setup for a great song. Bam, right
in the face...great lines and rhymes.

"I’m a drifter moving toward a random destination
searching for a sign of my salvation
But What the hell I’m only passing through "

Janice laser beamed right in on these three lines.
They are STRONG!

And they have a lot of company. Powerful write with
a ton of wonderful imagery.

And then...yeah...there are cool vocals, super pickin'
and a high bar Tom Adams production to wrap it
all up in. I'm an ole phart and I've heard a helluva lot
of "heading out on the road" songs but this one is
top of the chart.

J&B

"storage" and "orange" --- why can't I dream up that stuff?
J&B, Thanks from one ole phart to another! This is a very generous critique and I am very appreciative that you took the time to write it. Tom

#334099 - 01/30/16 08:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: tommyad]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Tommy,

This is truly a great song, in all ways. Superb energy, great lyrics, great song form and rising chorus, great production, great everything. It sounds like a hit to me, and genuinely, I really love it.

I am interested in why you chose the loops for the drums and bass as opposed to Real Tracks. Can you tell me more about where those loops came from, how you got them, why you them them etc. I am asking because I am trying to learn all I can about production and the various tools out there.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#334103 - 01/30/16 08:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: tommyad]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Also, in addition to what I just asked, I have an insight:

There has been some WICKED cool stuff on this forum in the past year and everybody's stuff just keeps getting more and more over the top.

It's like people are listening to one another and going "Ok, check this out then..." smile

If that is what is happening, I totally dig it. It's both funny and exciting.

I get the distinct impression that the members of this forum are spurring one another one--and that's exactly how it should be!!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#334176 - 01/30/16 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Another nice one Tommy. Loved the guitar fills (and the tambo). Lots of work in this one. Really enjoyed it.

Regards,

Bob
Thanks Bob. That tambo works really well if used very sparingly. Tom
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

Another excellent write.

Another excellent production.

Terrific melody - very catchy. Terrific imagery and phrases... not easy to make this subject sound "fresh" - but you did...

Those drums sure sound good. Your guitar work on this is super. Great mix.

You are a pro. I am a fan.

floyd
You already know that I am a huge floyd jane fan. Thanks man! Tom
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very power country.

I like all of this one.

Excellent real tracks.

Sergio
Sergio, Thanks for coming by. Tom

#334293 - 01/31/16 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: RnAM]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Hi Tom

Another awesome tune. Loved it. Excellent guitar and vocal
Thanks Scott. I appreciate the comments. Tom
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Tom.

A super piece of country rock which hits the ground at a gallop.

Sounds great LOUD, but I think I think this one really needs to be played in the truck on the interstate.

Great track. Loved the whole thing.

ROG.

We totally agree on this!
Very nice groove, guitar work and vocals
RnAM, Thank you much. Tom

#334416 - 02/01/16 05:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Drifter [Re: David Snyder]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Tommy,

This is truly a great song, in all ways. Superb energy, great lyrics, great song form and rising chorus, great production, great everything. It sounds like a hit to me, and genuinely, I really love it.

I am interested in why you chose the loops for the drums and bass as opposed to Real Tracks. Can you tell me more about where those loops came from, how you got them, why you them them etc. I am asking because I am trying to learn all I can about production and the various tools out there.
David, Thanks for the very fine review. Real Drums is far and away the best choice for ease of use and great sound. I have been experimenting with Multitrack Drum files. They give me another tool. Sometimes you can mix them with Real Drums and get the best of both worlds. The bass loops offer slides, string noise, lots of different intros and endings. I have been working on something that combines bass loops, Real Track bass parts and Live bass playing. I try to get them to all have the same or at least similar sound. Then they are loaded on three separate tracks and comped to one single bass line. Be warned building loops can be rewarding but it is very very time consuming. There are tons of loops for sale on the net. Logic and Garageband are loaded with them and companies like Big Fish Audio have great sounding loops. Be careful of their licensing requirements. Logic Pro X also has a very powerful and great sounding Drummer feature that allows you to build customized drum tracks and fine tune them along with drum kits that you can tune. There are a lot of other tools out there that can be used along with Real Tracks. But Nothing and I mean Nothing beats BIAB, Tom
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Also, in addition to what I just asked, I have an insight:

There has been some WICKED cool stuff on this forum in the past year and everybody's stuff just keeps getting more and more over the top.

It's like people are listening to one another and going "Ok, check this out then..." smile

If that is what is happening, I totally dig it. It's both funny and exciting.

I get the distinct impression that the members of this forum are spurring one another one--and that's exactly how it should be!!!

smile

I also have an insight. If there is competition going on here, it is the music that wins!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

New Online Band-in-a-Box and RealBand Manuals

Do you hate digging around for manuals as much as I do? Now you can access the most recent Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand manuals with just a few clicks on the new Online Manuals section of our website.

The PDF manuals for version 2017 and 2018 are available now. Plus, we're adding online versions of these manuals too! The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Windows User's Guide is complete, and the Mac User's Guide will be coming very soon. We're even adding a search feature to make it even easier for you to find features that you are looking for - stay tuned!

You Could Win $150 PG Bucks with our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

Want to WIN $150 PG Bucks? Join the entries already submitted into our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest! When the contest closes on September 30th, we will be picking 4 winners (1 per genre)!

What you need:
-Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition
-Xtra Styles PAK 5 Windows | Mac
-a song written using one of the 160+ fully-mixed Styles included in your Xtra Styles PAK 5 purchase.

Complete contest rules list here.

Forum Stats
27964 Members
57 Forums
53937 Topics
445467 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
kikesh, RedVampirePrince, rockmarcus28, Bart Vervaeck, goldensleather

27963 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 502