You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#132038 - 10/27/11 12:57 PM Midi parts and click track to audio file
rogerc Offline

Hi

Our keyboard player has left the band and there a a couple of numbers that we can't really continue to do without the keyboard part. I can re-create the keyboard part as midi quite easily. What I would like to do is then record this to a CD as an audio track but along with a click track for the band to synch with. I need this click track plus audio to be played through the foldback monitors but the audio track only (ie the keyboard part only) to be played through the FoH speakers. My first thoughts are to put the click track on (eg) left channel and the keyboard track on right channel then I can control levels and routing from the mixer. Trouble is I can't find a way to export specific tracks to left and right stereo channels! Also, what's the best way to create a click track? I'm just using the metronome for now.

Thanks

Roger

#132039 - 10/27/11 01:52 PM Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file [Re: rogerc]
Luiz Dias Offline
Expert

Loc: - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Well, sorry for my bad english, but I will try to help you...

For the click track we can discuss latter...

Yes, in my oppinion you should put the keyboard on left side and the guide track to the right, that is, in my oppinion a click track could be not suffice to guide you thru the song, so, it would be better to have a full guide track, say, the full song at the guide track (right side) , or a draft of it. This guide track will be playing ONLY on the stage monitors.
--> http://uk.youtube.com/user/footkeys

#132040 - 10/27/11 02:11 PM Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file [Re: Luiz Dias]
Luiz Dias Offline
Expert

Loc: - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
And, about the click track, here you have one:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.other.htm#clicktrack

And, if not sure how to render tracks to left and right sides, ask.
--> http://uk.youtube.com/user/footkeys

#132041 - 10/27/11 02:30 PM Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file [Re: Luiz Dias]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Simply pan the tracks hard left and right, then use 'audio-merge tracks to stereo wavefile' command to get left/right separation.

Simple click can be found here-
http://audiomastering-online.com/stuff/click.mid

It is a sidestick, and you can adjust tempo. It is 100 measures so you can cut it shorter, or copy/paste longer if needed.

#132042 - 10/28/11 01:15 PM Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file [Re: rharv]
rogerc Offline

Thanks. All sorted!!

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Italian Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is here!

The Italian version of Band-in-a-Box and RealBand 2015 for Windows are here!
More info...

Danish Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is here!

The Danish Version of Band-in-a-Box and RealBand 2015 for Windows is here!
More info...

French Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is here!

The French Version of Band-in-a-Box and RealBand 2015 for Windows is here!
More info...

Video - Recording MIDI in Band-in-a-Box

There are several ways to record MIDI into Band-in-a-Box. Watch this video to learn more.

Band-in-a-Box, RealBand, and PowerTracks Patch Maps

To access patches on your synthesizer that are higher than the basic 128 General MIDI (GM) patches, you may need a patch map. A number of our customers have generously shared their patch maps. Click here for a list of the available patch maps for Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or PowerTracks.

If you have a patch map you would like to share, please forward this to our support department.

Video - Entering Lyrics in Band-in-a-Box

You can enter lyrics into Band-in-a-Box several different ways. In this video, we look at entering Note-based Lyrics, Line-based Lyrics and the Big Lyrics (Karaoke) window.

Video - Specific Chord Options in Band-in-a-Box

In this video you'll learn how to use rests, holds, shots, or pedal bass on specific chords in your song.

Forum Stats
22883 Members
37 Forums
33001 Topics
264022 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
ashley, rockboy, kemar51, asdlz, MikeV66

22883 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 192
Pat Marr 170