You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#132038 - 10/27/11 09:57 AM Midi parts and click track to audio file
rogerc Offline

Hi

Our keyboard player has left the band and there a a couple of numbers that we can't really continue to do without the keyboard part. I can re-create the keyboard part as midi quite easily. What I would like to do is then record this to a CD as an audio track but along with a click track for the band to synch with. I need this click track plus audio to be played through the foldback monitors but the audio track only (ie the keyboard part only) to be played through the FoH speakers. My first thoughts are to put the click track on (eg) left channel and the keyboard track on right channel then I can control levels and routing from the mixer. Trouble is I can't find a way to export specific tracks to left and right stereo channels! Also, what's the best way to create a click track? I'm just using the metronome for now.

Thanks

Roger

#132039 - 10/27/11 10:52 AM Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file [Re: rogerc]
Luiz Dias Offline
Expert

Loc: - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Well, sorry for my bad english, but I will try to help you...

For the click track we can discuss latter...

Yes, in my oppinion you should put the keyboard on left side and the guide track to the right, that is, in my oppinion a click track could be not suffice to guide you thru the song, so, it would be better to have a full guide track, say, the full song at the guide track (right side) , or a draft of it. This guide track will be playing ONLY on the stage monitors.
--> http://uk.youtube.com/user/footkeys

#132040 - 10/27/11 11:11 AM Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file [Re: Luiz Dias]
Luiz Dias Offline
Expert

Loc: - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
And, about the click track, here you have one:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.other.htm#clicktrack

And, if not sure how to render tracks to left and right sides, ask.
--> http://uk.youtube.com/user/footkeys

#132041 - 10/27/11 11:30 AM Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file [Re: Luiz Dias]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Simply pan the tracks hard left and right, then use 'audio-merge tracks to stereo wavefile' command to get left/right separation.

Simple click can be found here-
http://audiomastering-online.com/stuff/click.mid

It is a sidestick, and you can adjust tempo. It is 100 measures so you can cut it shorter, or copy/paste longer if needed.

#132042 - 10/28/11 10:15 AM Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file [Re: rharv]
rogerc Offline

Thanks. All sorted!!

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box: Selecting a Specific MIDI Track

Watch this video to learn how to pick specific parts of MIDI styles, such as bass or drums, and add them to your song in Band-in-a-Box.
Watch video.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter Goes on Tour!

The Golden Striker Trio Tour starts in a few days - taking Ron Carter to destinations that include Germany, Lithuania, and various cities within the USA.

Take A Look At What We Found!

Do you recognize one of the programs in this "Meet Jazz Sax Man - Elias Haslanger" video by Dell?!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

Replacing chords in your Band-in-a-Box song is easy! Watch our "How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box" video and you'll see!

Video - Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker

RealTracks medleys are special groups of RealTracks that play in sequence. Watch this video to learn how you can make your very own RealTracks medleys in Band-in-a-Box.

RealTracks, RealDrums & MIDI SuperTracks Patch

There is a new general maintenance patch for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. Not only does the patch includes all of the recent fixes and enhancements for files shipped in 2013 and 2014, we've also added "Simple" variations to hundreds more previously released RealTracks. For more information and to download the patch click here.

RealTracks Compatibility Patch

This patch is for customers who purchased RealTracks Sets that were released after their Band-in-a-Box/RealBand version was released, and are having trouble getting the new RealTracks to be recognized by the program. Download the patch here.

Forum Stats
21879 Members
41 Forums
28832 Topics
227242 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
PercyJeffries80, accavazos, nestorcuberos, Marke, bew0

21878 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mac 113
dani48 97