Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#368502 - 10/04/16 01:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Eric,

I might be missing something but I just followed a song you posted in Users Showcase to Soundcloud, (link)"Your Boring Happiness", and on Soundcloud...

...it shows that your composition has had 60 plays; it also has 3 likes (see highlighted area on the image above).

I wonder if there is some setting on Soundcloud somewhere that you might not have activated that stops you from seeing this.

Regards,
Noel

#368511 - 10/04/16 04:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: Noel96]
DIOECHOOTO Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: OH - Ohio

Thanks for looking into it, Noel!
I do (and did) indeed see that the song has been played and liked, but (and as always I could be wrong**) I think each of those plays happened for one of two reasons, neither of which can be attributed to PGRadio play: 1) I had recently submitted the song to the User Showcase and so it was still on the first page or two and people were checking it out. 2) My own promotion, sharing with friends on Facebook.

**especially since I am not a premiere user (or whatever Soundcloud calls their $$ upgrade) and have no access to metrics. However, I will say this, I did keep track.

So, with the possibility of human error (mine) notwithstanding...

#368530 - 10/04/16 07:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: DIOECHOOTO]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Originally Posted By: DIOECHOOTO
"Which makes you eligible, doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get selected."

Okay, now that's interesting, Icelander. Selected by whom? If you mean by PGMusic, then yes it all makes sense, they simply haven't chosen my tunes.
Bingo! smile
Here I was thinking that they just pile ALL submitted tunes into the PGRadio station(s).
And in there lies the "reading too much into it" bit, they don't.
Hope that clears things up a bit for you cool

#368536 - 10/04/16 08:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: Icelander]
DIOECHOOTO Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: OH - Ohio
Quote:
And in there lies the "reading too much into it" bit, they don't.
Hope that clears things up a bit for you

Yes, absolutely clear now...thanks!

#368554 - 10/04/16 09:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: DIOECHOOTO]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Yes, absolutely clear now...thanks!
Very good cool
It still might be prudent to stress a few things:

The term "radio" is possibly giving users somewhat the wrong impression of what this feature actually is, or how it actually functions. The important thing to note here is that each of the 'channels' on this thing is essentially a playlist, with all its elements working exactly the same way as any playlist you may for instance have on your local/personal media player - and thus it does not behave like your 'normal' radio popularity charter, as you might perhaps expect/assume from the usage of the word "radio".
This also means that the order (and indeed the number) of these tracks on each of these playlist is fixed and does not change depending on for instance how often your track is being played by subscribers to the channel. The only way it might change is if the creators of these playlists decides to go in and manually do so by hand.
So for those of you who want to keep track of just how much exposure your track is getting, your best bet is to look at the SC statistics for your track, specifically the number of plays section.

#369369 - 10/10/16 04:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
SC defines a play as simply hitting the play button which should cause any member to view their totals with some skepticism. Two bars in and somebody doesn't like the tune and exits -- yet that constitutes a play. With YouTube you can track how long they stayed with the track. That's the reason we create lyric videos for YouTube.

As Icelander mention the stats offer some insight. With an upper tier SC account you can look at the number of "plays" by member, by geographic area and other variables which can help give you some idea of the popularity of your track...as can the comments, number of likes and additions to other playlists.

We've found that when PG Music features one of our tracks as a "Hot Topic" the plays always Increase... a lot.
J&B Website

#373319 - 11/06/16 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: Kemmrich]
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
Well if Kevin's in ...

Here's a playlist ...https://soundcloud.com/user-334840828/sets/marc-glinert-originals

and if you need the original song addresses they are here :

soundcloud.com/user-334840828/better-of-me
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/second-thoughts
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/no-second-chance
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/emergenza
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/dont-get-caught
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/the-right-one
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/2480-days
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/olympic-dream
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/ribbon-of-black
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/rock-it-the-hard-way
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/pulse
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/losers-celebration
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/brightest-light
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/writing-pop-songs
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/buy-buy-buy
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/journeys-end

"Title and background information about the song."
included on my SoundCloud/SoundClick pages

"Indicate which tracks were recorded by you, and which tracks were generated by Band-in-a-Box or RealBand."
pretty much everything recorded by me, but Band-in-a-Box used as an invaluable composition tool. PTPA used as my main DAW software.

"If Band-in-a-Box or RealBand have been used, please provide information as to which styles or RealTracks were used. (tip: In Band-in-a-Box, the Song Memo contains the names of the RealTracks used, and you can copy/paste from that.)
List other programs used in the production (Sonar, Cubase etc.)"
As regards the PG Music software, no real audio - only MIDI / Audacity

Edited by mglinert (11/07/16 12:21 AM)

#378877 - 12/01/16 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Angelo Franco Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy

https://soundcloud.com/angelofranco

#418678 - 06/21/17 02:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Russell Moore Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland

#480916 - 07/07/18 02:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
musician17 Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: United Kingdom
What a wonderful idea - thank you! My SoundCloud link is here: James Delsono on Soundcloud . All the songs posted there, with two exceptions: the "It Is Possible" and the "Our Father", are made with Band-in-a-Box, so please feel free to use them (too many links to post them here one by one?) Again, thank you for a wonderful initiative!

#481190 - 07/10/18 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

#496701 - Today at 08:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
iXaarii Offline

Loc: Ulm, Germany
how wonderful, here's my soundcloud account with Biab songs https://soundcloud.com/ixaarii
Thank you

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28080 Members
57 Forums
54445 Topics
450167 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
collcoll, Vocaloidgirl9980, wumaimsd, boxx.dk, Boto

28080 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 175
David Snyder 144