Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

I have a headache.

You're not alone...

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
You mentioned the pluspak. If you purchased the pluspak, Eddie, then yes you must install over the previous version to get up to date. The pluspak only contains the files that changed since the previous version. The pluspak is not a complete install and relies on existing files from the previous version to bring you up to date.

Which 2016 version did you purchase?

A few comments. Neither RealBand nor BIAB registers itself in the Windows registry, so that's why you don't see it there. When you delete RealBand (or BIAB), you just delete the folders and it's gone. The only thing that goes to the registry is the association of BIAB files with the application. Although, something gets saved somewhere else, because it seems to know (well, most of the time) where I last installed the program (since I don't use the default folders).

You should write down where you install BIAB and then consistently install it to the same place everytime you update/upgrade.

So, for example, everytime I install BIAB or RealBand, I specify the following folders.

BIAB -> D:\Apps\PGMusic\BIAB
RealBand -> D:\Apps\PGMusic\RealBand
RealTracks -> D:\AppsData\Sounds\PGMusic\RealSounds (the installer will create the "RealTracks" folder under "RealSounds")
RealDrums -> D:\AppsData\Sounds\PGMusic\RealSounds (The install will create the "Drums" folder under "RealSounds")

Everytime I install a new version or an update patch, those are the folders I specify and everything gets installed in the correct location.

The only thing that is a little different is that when you open up BIAB or RealBand and specify a custom location for RealTracks and RealDrums, you have to give it the full name. So while the installation program uses the parent folder (and creates the RealTracks or Drums folder), once you are in the program I have to specify "D:\AppsData\Sounds\PGMusic\RealSounds\RealTracks" and "D:\AppsData\Sounds\PGMusic\RealSounds\Drums" as the locations to find them.

Let us know specifically which versions you have and which pak you have. For example, if you only have BIAB/RB 2012 and the 2016 PlusPak, then it's not going to work well, because you'll be missing everything in 2013, 2014, and 2015. The PlusPak is designed to be used to upgrade only the most recent version (2015 in this case).

You may know all this, Eddie, but just wanted to put it out there. Lots of folks install it successfully once they figure out the correct folders to use.

And if you are running the beta version (as RHARV indicated based on your screenshot), then they do time out after awhile and you are not launching the latest and greatest. I suspect you are using a shortcut pointing to the beta version, not the installed version.

Let use know and we'll get it figured out and you can move along to making music.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I did not want to comingle the 2016 files with the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 that I had. Apparently I should have.

I am not clean on Plus Pak. Isn't Plus Pak "more stuff" that goes on top of 2016? I have all the self dissolving archive files for 2016 and Plus Pak on top of it. However, 2 of those archives that contain real tracks were corrupted. I email 6 days ago telling PG that and have yet to hear back. I need them resent.

This is really messed up. I know there are more than 15 pianos, right? Well, that's what I have. 15 pianos.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
However, 2 of those archives that contain real tracks were corrupted. I email 6 days ago telling PG that and have yet to hear back. I need them resent.

You do know you can login and download everything and anything of your files from your account at anytime. Or are you saying these are the corrupt ones?

Eddie, this is what you get for being gone so long from the Forum. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I know, right!!! The forum gods are angry with me!

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I know, right!!! The forum gods are angry with me!

Eddie, stop trying to beat the system. Just go with the flow.

The Force, Eddie. Use the Force....

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Clarity!! I know what I did now. I was a beta tester, yes. However, I had just finished my CD and was away from the studio for a while and didn't install the beta version until after the beta period was over. Thus I did not report any bugs and did NOT get the complete version sent to me. I have now ordered it and when it gets here I can remove all those xx2016 folders I created and install the new stuff over the 2013 I have in the BB and RealBand folders. That should fix my problems and I can get started on the next CD.

Edit to add: Which I hope sells better here than the last one! LOL!!!

Last edited by eddie1261; 02/17/16 02:35 PM.

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
The Force, Eddie. Use the Force....

Funny you would mention that. When a local reviewer heard my CD he said "You're a farce, Eddie. A farce!!"

Oh, you said "Force?"

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Now with the new stuff installed, I loaded an older song and it may be my ears just KNOWING the new software is 3 years mo' betta, but it seems to actually SOUND better than I remember it sounding with 2013. Same everything else, just RB circa 2016.

2. Send it to us.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,823
Posts737,737
Members38,595
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
dedlyfish, Tnfkd, eljayjay, tommy kissner, Namahi
38,594 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 176