You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#141799 - 12/17/11 07:32 PM PLEASE can we Mac users get full notation and lead sheets?
DrRock Offline
Enthusiast

Apart from all the other features that Windows versions have that we poor Mac users are missing, the one that really irks me the most is the full notation and lead sheet features.

We pay the same price as for the Windows version, but a whole bunch of features is missing. And while we have "notation" in the form of a rapidly scrolling single line across the top of a pile of blank space, which is virtually useless, we REALLY need the ability to do the whole lead sheet thing. Especially those who use BIAB for live gigs, or in a studio situation.

I have a co-musician friend who runs the Windows version, while I recently purchased the Mac Everything Pak version on its own HD. Yet the more I play with my version, the more I find that is missing when compared to his Windows version when I go round to his place.

PLEASE can we get the Mac version up to the same feature list as the Windows version? And especially the notation and lead sheet functionality? Pretty please???

#141800 - 04/19/12 02:10 PM Re: PLEASE can we Mac users get full notation and lead sheets? [Re: DrRock]
Deda90 Offline

I just purchased the everything pak and I can't believe that I am unable to have a lead sheet. This really insn't acceptable when the PC version has this. Never did I think this option wouldn't be available to mac users. Please develop whatever you have to do and make the necessary changes so BIAB can be applied in the way it is supposed to be. It really doesn't sit well that there is such a discrepancy between the PC version and Mac version and the price is the same. Whatever you have to do please it is a necessity to many of us.

PG Music News
#ThrowbackThrusday - Band-in-a-Box 7 (from 1997!)

Wow - take a look at this Band-in-a-Box 7 New Features Video from 1997... www.pgmusic.com/?vid=OdtSP2SfKAI

Peter explains all the new features offered with this version release, which you can also review as a written list here.

Special Offer - Save on "Other Software" Purchases!

When you purchase any three "Performance Products" (Multimedia, Master Solos, Master Class or Performance Series products) valued at $49 each, there's a discount applied - you can purchase any three of these programs for only $99!

It doesn't stop there! Purchase 4 of these for only $131, 5 for just $149, or 6 for just $179!

This breaks down as:
Buy 3 Performance products for $99 - that's a savings of $48!
Buy 4 Performance products for $131 - that's a savings of $65!
Buy 5 Performance products for $149 - that's a savings of $96!
Buy 6 Performance products for $179 - that's a savings of $115!

Just add the items to your shopping cart - these discounts are applied once the quantity is reached.

Visit http://www.pgmusic.com/products.htm to see which products are available for your operating system.

Video - Using VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 with Band-in-a-Box

Check out this tutorial on using Ravenscroft 275 with Band-in-a-Box for Windows, which also includes some demos of the Ravenscroft 275 piano playing MIDI SuperTracks: Watch it here!
Learn more about Ravenscroft 274 and listen to additional demos via our purchasing page or by visiting the VI Labs website.

Have you purchased a copy of VI Labs Ravenscroft 275? We'd love to hear your results! Post them here.

Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac!

With Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac you have the option to save your song as a video that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs! Watch Tobin explain this new feature here: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IAfmkdpwVo8

(this feature is also available with Band-in-a-Box 2015 and higher for Windows: Watch the video.)

Not only can you save your song as a video, you can also load videos that you already have into Band-in-a-Box!
From the New Features List:
Video Window: The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track. As the song plays, you can slow down the video, and the audio will slow down and stay in sync.
The quality of the audio at slower or faster tempos is great. The video slowdown range is 6-800%. This is a great tool for transcription. You can select a range in the Chord Sheet window and use Transport - [Loop] button to loop a section of the video at a low tempo for example.

Have you made a Band-in-a-Box video? Feel free to share it on our User Showcase Forum.

Watch Wolf Marshall's Band-in-a-Box Testimonial Video!

Guess who else popped by our NAMM booth for a visit? Endorsing Artist Wolf Marshall!
(You may have noticed he's also in the recently posted photo of Henry Johnson enjoying the Crooner RealTracks...)

Wolf shared his Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonial with us, which you can watch here: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=4UWqoh0tP6Q.
Not only does he share how he uses (and why he enjoys) the program, he also tells us of a recent situation where Band-in-a-Box helps him complete a project in record time!

Click here to learn more about Endorsing Artist Wolf Marshall.

All of the Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonials are available here.

Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonial - Henry Johnson

Endorsing Artist Henry Johnson shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box with this Video Testimonial: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=MTNMoS61lMY

Henry has been playing guitar since he was just twelve years old! It didn't take long for him to become a well known jazz guitarist - learn more about Henry when you visit www.henryjohnsonjazz.com

We have even more video testimonials here.

PG Music Inc. - Family Day Hours (February 8, 2016)

Monday, February 8th is Family Day in British Columbia, Canada. With this in mind, we will have limited hours of operation that day:
Sales & Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST (GMT -8)
Tech Support: Closed

Our regular hours will resume on Tuesday, February 9th.

Forum Stats
24271 Members
39 Forums
37931 Topics
301333 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Ron Piro, Torquay, Dhia, djc, randedager

24270 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 263
Noel96 191