Go To
#344240 04/10/16 10:20 AM
User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Hi - I'm back with my third song in Band-In-A-Box. This one is softer - its my first use of the fingerpicking style in Band-In-A-Box (I will need to practice to be able to actually play it well!).

I generated all of the music with Band-In-A-Box and I recorded my vocals directly into BIAB. Thank you again PG Music for making Band-In-A-Box, it has truly changed my life!

Link in Soundcloud: Warmth

As always, I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Style
RealTracks in song: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 694:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockArp Ev 120

Lyrics
I'm floating on my back I feel the warmth of the sun
It radiates throughout me now I am one
My eyes open wide and I see you
A white sky above us no yellow or blue

Floating 93 million miles away
When we turn our backs it turns gray
We should turn to each other, towards the light
Share our warmth every day and every night

I'm standing on the beach I feel the warmth of the sand
It emanates throughout me up to my hand
My ears listen and I hear you
The night breeze surrounds us its nothing new

Floating 93 million miles away
When we turn our backs it turns gray
We should turn to each other, towards the light
Share our warmth every day and every night

Fire dances warmly when you're next to me
Other times its you that I still feel
Inner warmth is all we really ever need
It shines so brightly, it's there for everyone to see

I'm sitting on the floor I feel the warmth of the fire
It permeates throughout me now I feel higher
My hands reach out for you and you feel it too
Just a wall behind us no yellow or blue

Last edited by aruchman; 04/10/16 10:21 AM.

AdamRuchman.com (Visit for all of my audio and videos!)
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
This has a pleasant, meditative feel! I think some other instrumentation would help keep it interesting. It works well often to build, and then strip it down and start over. ENjoyed it! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really a warm and beautiful song, and a voice that fits perfect to the style.. Well done !

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Thanks for the feedback Greg - I was considering adding more to it (or even removing a chorus) because I was worried it might not have enough interest. It's my first mellow song, it's my longest song and this is how it came out of me (and BIAB!), so I left it as is. I'll think about changes - curious to hear more opinions, too.

User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Thank you Leo - that is nice to hear!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Adam! Your intro says this is your 3rd submission, but its the first one I've seen (have been away from the forum until recently)

First of all I agree with your observation about the value BIAB adds to the lives of people like us, who have ideas we want to put to music! Glad to meet another person who has fallen in love with the software we all love!

You have an interesting indie soloist sound... I can totally imagine wandering into a music venue and hearing this song being performed by the person on stage! And in the final analysis, music is about entertaining people! I think you are going in a good direction, and I look forward to hearing more from you!

User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Thank you so much Pat - that is really encouraging. I get so much out of the entire process - from composing to recording/mixing to posting and hearing feedback. Each stage of the process is exhilarating. The feedback from this forum continues to impress me and makes me want to get better and create more music. Thanks again!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Hello Adam
I like your song. Well played and sung.
Good lyrics too; very intimate.

Have you ever think to a version with a second part of the song where you
can insert drums, bass and a guitar solo in the end?

I think it could be perfect!

Otherwise I also like it like you made it.

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Hey Sergio - glad you like the song - thanks! I will try to play around with another version that includes some other instruments. I think Greg had a similar thought - I'll give it a shot and see if I can come up with something good...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I think this is great. I would try pulling it into Real Band and bringing the vocals up about 2 notches and use PG reverb and PG echo from the drop down menu under edit VST on the vocal track.

(I am sure you know you can open a BIAB file into Real Band and everything is right there. Usually, you need to do an audio gain change on each track first to fatten the tracks up a bit.)

If you have never done this just widen the track by clicking on the line that separates it from the next track and open it up. Then open up edit Vst by clicking.

Fool around with all of the PG music VSTs if you haven't already. the 10 band equalizer is great for tweaking drums. I am sure you already do this, but it is fun to see what each one of them can do to a track. There is a lot there.

Great song man.

User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Thanks David - it makes me happy to hear that you think the song is great! I must confess that I have never even opened Real Band - guess it is time for me to learn. I'll check it out. Thank you for the advice.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ah, Dude...open Real Band, study it and make it your friend.

smile

For what you do it is marvelous. Compose in BIAB. Save BIAB. Open BIAB file from Real Band and save as a seq. file (important.)

Then get used to basic functions like audio effects (under track edit.) Audio effects/gain change in the individual real tracks is often a great idea--and using those effects plugins under edit/VST. If you have the free amplitube learn how to use it. The basic amps and pedals are awesome. All you need. For the type of music you do, you can do EVERYTHING in the world with just Real Band and Band in a Box. Experiment and study it carefully. It can do A LOT.

Or you can be like me and order 136 other VSTS and go insane. But that is for next year.

smile

User Showcase
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
I think this is great. I would try pulling it into Real Band and bringing the vocals up about 2 notches and use PG reverb and PG echo from the drop down menu under edit VST on the vocal track.

(I am sure you know you can open a BIAB file into Real Band and everything is right there. Usually, you need to do an audio gain change on each track first to fatten the tracks up a bit.)

If you have never done this just widen the track by clicking on the line that separates it from the next track and open it up. Then open up edit Vst by clicking.

Fool around with all of the PG music VSTs if you haven't already. the 10 band equalizer is great for tweaking drums. I am sure you already do this, but it is fun to see what each one of them can do to a track. There is a lot there.

Great song man.

You don't have to widen the track to get to the effects. Click the down arrow under the track number the effects area will be visible. Click it again and it will close up the effects area. You can also just click the fx button near the volume control and this opens up the effects window directly. I find the fx button the quickest way. In addition to this if there are any effects on the track the fx button will be blue, if not it is grey. Hope that helps.

Last edited by dga; 04/11/16 05:34 PM.

"When you help somebody else you are really helping yourself"
User Showcase
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
Nice feel.

dga #344626 04/12/16 01:25 PM
User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Thanks guys - I will dig into Real Band and then I am sure I will understand what you are both saying smile

Sounds like I have been missing out...

dga #344627 04/12/16 01:25 PM
User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Originally Posted By: dga
Nice feel.

Thanks!!

User Showcase
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
What's that style I love it!

dga #344791 04/13/16 01:05 PM
User Showcase
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Originally Posted By: dga
What's that style I love it!

I started with _ELECROK.STY (ElecRock RealTrks guits (120 RS))
Then I removed everything except for the electric rhythm guitar, I added the acoustic fingerpicking track and I slowed the tempo down to 95.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,637
Posts735,342
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182