You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#344773 - 04/13/16 02:40 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program
dga Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Raleigh NC
I installed Audacity on my new computer about 1 month ago. I downloaded and installed all the effects from the Audacity site. But, I have one effect that I use on my other computer that is missing Studio Fade Out from Steve Harris. Its the best fade out effect I have ever used. Does anyone else using audacity have that effect? I sent a shout out to Audacity a while back but still no word.

#344786 - 04/13/16 03:52 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: dga]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
You sure it was Steve Harris and not Steve Daulton?

In any case, the only StudioFadeOut I have is the .ny variety (Nyquist plug-ins) and that Studio Fade Out is by Steve Daulton

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Download_Nyquist_Plug-ins#authors

#344890 - 04/14/16 05:48 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: dga]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Here's my fade.

It's all done in the DAW. My audio editor only trims and runs the normalize function. Oh yeah, it also converts to MP3

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#344916 - 04/14/16 09:25 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: Larry Kehl]
dga Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl

In any case, the only StudioFadeOut I have is the .ny variety (Nyquist plug-ins) and that Studio Fade Out is by Steve Daulton

Thanks Larry I'll need to download that Plugin, got my Steve's mixed up.

#344917 - 04/14/16 09:29 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: Guitarhacker]
dga Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Here's my fade.

It's all done in the DAW. My audio editor only trims and runs the normalize function. Oh yeah, it also converts to MP3

Thanks Herb, but the Studio Fade-out is not linear. And I don't have a DAW other than RB and Audacity. I have not decided which way to go on purchasing a DAW but I think the features in these 2 programs are keeping me busy right now.

Audacity trims, normalizes, converts to Mp3's too, but its FREE:)

#344934 - 04/14/16 11:21 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: dga]
dga Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: dga

Thanks Larry I'll need to download that Plugin, got my Steve's mixed up.

Thanks Larry after trying to download individual effect groups, I noticed the list of effects that are included with the newest release. I simply uninstalled Audacity, downloaded 2.1.2 and all of the.ny effects showed up. You are correct the studio fade out was from Steve Daulton. Smooth fade outs back in my corner again. Nothing sweeter than this one.

#344935 - 04/14/16 11:23 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: dga]
dga Offline
Journeyman

Oh yes, THANKS to the PG Music Forum. I got a quicker response than on the Audacity forum.

#344954 - 04/14/16 12:51 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: dga]
Takamine Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Goshen, Indiana
If you want to step up to a DAW, but don't want to spend much, try Presonus Studio One Prime (it's free). Granted, it doesn't have as many plug-ins and features as the paid versions, but it's a good way to get your feet wet. I got a copy of StudioOne Artist included with my audio interface. My plan was to purchase a better DAW, but I liked StudioOne so much, I've stuck with it.

Win 10, 64 bit | BIAB 2013 UltraPlusPak

#345011 - 04/14/16 02:20 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: Takamine]
dga Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Takamine
If you want to step up to a DAW, but don't want to spend much, try Presonus Studio One Prime (it's free). Granted, it doesn't have as many plug-ins and features as the paid versions, but it's a good way to get your feet wet. I got a copy of StudioOne Artist included with my audio interface. My plan was to purchase a better DAW, but I liked StudioOne so much, I've stuck with it.

Does Presonus Studio One Prime run on a PC?

#345020 - 04/14/16 03:02 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: dga]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Presonus Studio One Prime does run on a PC. However, I don't believe it supports VST/VSTi plugins, so you would have to purchase one of the other editions to get that. But it does let you see how Presonus Studio works (in terms of work flow, along with a limited number of instruments and effects) for free.

When you download it, you basically add it to your shopping cart, with a $0.00 price tag, and after creating your shopping account, you can then download it.

Here's a comparison of the features available in the different versions.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#345025 - 04/14/16 03:28 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: jford]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
more info

http://routenote.com/blog/the-10-best-free-daws-available/

Presonus free (aka Prime) - biggest drawback is no outside plug-in (VSTi's) instruments

Tracktion T4 FREE (I think you can use plugins and rewire items)

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/05/09/free-daw-tracktion-4/

Podiumfree (not sure I just started download and will play with it for grins)

http://zynewave.com/podium-free/

Then there is

Cakewalk Music Creator $49 (a good DAW - it works like it's bigger brother Sonar, it allows all plug-ins)

Reaper $60 (a full blown DAW

Mixcraft 7 $89 (a full blown DAW)

Then you can spend even MORE (Sonar, Pro Studio, Cubase, …)
Win7&10Pro64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBsHDD,RX480 8GB,Scarlett 18i8,MIDI4x4,Montage7Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7,XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,FL20, SO3,MC8,AD2,ST3,Kontakt5,Amptube4,etc.. but really I'm a guitar player AXE FX III

#345100 - 04/14/16 09:44 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: Larry Kehl]
dga Offline
Journeyman

Thanks I will look these over. Hope others will see this post. Can you post this under the main topic? Recording, Mixing, Performance, and Production. MAYBE WITH THE SUBJECT low cost DAW's.. Right now I'm going to stick with RB, and Audacity. Do my homework and maybe in the summer I will spring for a better DAW.

#345199 - 04/15/16 06:20 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: dga]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dga

Thanks Herb, but the Studio Fade-out is not linear. And I don't have a DAW other than RB and Audacity. I have not decided which way to go on purchasing a DAW ....

Those fades in my pic are linear..straight lines are linear fades.. Sonar gives you the choice of curved (Log) fades or straight line linear fades and you choose the rate for them all.

Some fades as you can see in my pic are faster than others. Some are simply "flip the switch" and very abrupt..... all depends on what I need.

That picture is showing the fades in the tracks.... I could also, just as easily fade from the master buss to get everything down at the same time. However, there are more times when I want certain things to fade before others. Doing it in the tracks like indicated, gives me that absolute control over the details that I don't have with a buss fade.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#345216 - 04/15/16 07:51 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: Guitarhacker]
dga Offline
Journeyman

Thanks GTRhacker

#346662 - 04/21/16 10:03 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Lost Studio Fade Out Effect from Steve Harris in my Audacity program [Re: Larry Kehl]
dga Offline
Journeyman

more info

http://routenote.com/blog/the-10-best-free-daws-available/

Presonus free (aka Prime) - biggest drawback is no outside plug-in (VSTi's) instruments

Tracktion T4 FREE (I think you can use plugins and rewire items)

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/05/09/free-daw-tracktion-4/

Podiumfree (not sure I just started download and will play with it for grins)

http://zynewave.com/podium-free/

Then there is

Cakewalk Music Creator $49 (a good DAW - it works like it's bigger brother Sonar, it allows all plug-ins)

Reaper $60 (a full blown DAW

Mixcraft 7 $89 (a full blown DAW)

Then you can spend even MORE (Sonar, Pro Studio, Cubase, …)

Thanks for the research I bookmarked your post. Music Creator looks good. I actually purchased Cakewalk from Greg Hendershot in 1987 (Twelve Tones System at the time). It was a DOS program that was one of the only IBM compatible MIDI sequencer on the market. I emailed them and they are checking the books to see if I can get the upgrade price for the latest version. That is cool, and I emailed them back again to see if I could talk with Greg.

Edited by dga (04/22/16 10:46 AM)

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27989 Members
57 Forums
53996 Topics
446053 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mononino, alphanumeric onl, Firebird, PMAudio, Ed Mace

27989 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 177