You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#146000 - 01/09/12 08:19 AM 256 bars limit?
musicmountain7 Offline

Loc: Djangoa

Is there a reason why i have to limit arrangements at 256 bars? I wish it was open!

Thanks S.P

#146001 - 01/09/12 08:33 AM Re: 256 bars limit? [Re: musicmountain7]
raymb1 Offline

Loc: Sterling, Va
Look in the FAQs. lots of discussion on this subject. Later, Ray
Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen

#146002 - 01/09/12 09:04 AM Re: 256 bars limit? [Re: raymb1]
John Conley Offline

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
How many minutes long is your song?
John Conley
Musica est vita

#146003 - 01/09/12 11:01 AM Re: 256 bars limit? [Re: John Conley]
Matt Finley Offline

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
FYI, RealBand does not have this limit, if you want to move a very long song over to there.
BIAB 2015 Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Windows 10 64-bit. Focusrite 18i20, Roland Integra-7, TCE Finalizer. V-Control Pro with iPad for remote triggering.

#146004 - 01/09/12 02:53 PM Re: 256 bars limit? [Re: musicmountain7]
KeithS Offline

Loc: Mobile, Alabama

Is there a reason why i have to limit arrangements at 256 bars?

The most obvious apparent reason is that 256 is the highest number one can count to using a base 2 8 bit counting system.
BIAB 2015 Audiophile
Home Built i7 i2600K 3.4 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, Geoforce 560 Ti SLI
Windows 7 & 10 64 Bit, SONAR Platinum, Sony Vegas 13, Acid 7, Sony Audio Master Suite, Waves Horizon Bundle, Izotope Ozone 5.

#146005 - 01/10/12 04:20 AM Re: 256 bars limit? [Re: John Conley]
John-Luke Offline

Loc: France

How many minutes long is your song?

I just recall to all BIAB users that the real time duration of a song given in BIAB is erroneous. this has discussed in the BIAB forum some month ago, and PG people are aware of this issue. Waiting for some fix.

#146006 - 01/11/12 07:45 AM Re: 256 bars limit? [Re: John-Luke]
musicmountain7 Offline

Loc: Djangoa

Using BIAB to do transcriptions like i definitely need more tracks than 256 for jazz solos from the big ones! As for Real Band i think it's a heavy program that's doing fine the job, but I'm still in love with BB.

Thanks S.P.

#146007 - 01/11/12 11:25 AM Re: 256 bars limit? [Re: musicmountain7]
John Conley Offline

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
The preceding is a paid internet advertising campaign via link.
John Conley
Musica est vita

PG Music News
Video - Using Drag-and-Drop in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac

One of the GUI Enhancements added with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac was to the Drop Station.
Now a folder opens after copying to drop box, Drag Drop or another folder.

We've made a short (7:23) video showing how to use Drag-and-Drop in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, here.

There are even more video resources available that touch on the Drag-and-Drop feature!
Band-in-a-Box for Mac - Exporting songs to DAWs
Drag-and-Drop with Band-in-a-Box!

#MotivationMonday: Your Video Testimonial = a FREE Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

This summer we began a Video Testimonials project, and reached out to Band-in-a-Box users requesting a 2-10 minute video telling the viewer about their Band-in-a-Box experience.

And... we got a GREAT response! Check out all of the current Video Testimonials here:

But, we're not done! If you'd like to submit a video, we'd love to see it! AND - if we use your video we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

Visit this forum post for more information.

Making Medleys with Band-in-a-Box

RealTracks Medleys are special groups of RealTracks that play in sequence. This tutorial shows you how to make your own medleys with the RealTracks feature in Band-in-a-Box:

When it comes to Medleys, we don't stop there! With a previous release of Band-in-a-Box Version 2008 for Windows, we added a feature called the Medley Maker. This feature is great tool if you are wanting to make a medley of various songs you've created with Band-in-a-Box!

Inside the Medley Maker, which is accessed through the Song Form [AABA] button (the one with the pencil), simply select the songs that you want, and Band-in-a-Box will make the medley for you. A medley is not simply joining songs together - a good medley uses a "transition" area between songs to introduce the new style, key, and tempo. The Medley Maker automatically creates a nice transition area for you, writing in chords that would smoothly transition to the next song, style, key, and tempo!

The 2008 New Features Video is available here:

Video - Instant Preview Feature in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac

Another one of the new features released with Band-in-a-Box 2015 was the Instant Preview feature, which is highlighted in this video:

The Instant Preview works with UserTracks, Loops, RealTracks, and SuperTracks!

#TBT - The 2002 Release of PowerTracks Pro Audio 8!

In June of 2002 we released PowerTracks Pro Audio 8. There were more than 30 new features for seamlessly integrated MIDI/Digital Audio music production released at that time - take a look at the video highlighting the "new" version:

The "New Features" released with PowerTracks Pro Audio 8.0 Included...
New 32-bit Version! PowerTracks Pro Audio 8.0 has been totally rebuilt as a full 32-bit engine for seamless operation in Windows 98/ME/2000/XP.
Amazing New Chord Wizard! Load in any MIDI file, PowerTracks MIDI sequence file, or even a work-in-progress, and the amazing New Chord Wizard will intelligently figure out the chords and display them in the Notation Window and the new Chords Window. Chord symbols are an essential component of playing by ear, so most musicians who play by ear should find this new feature indispensable! The New Chords Window displays the chords in a selectable font and size, and is fully editable. It also has part markers (compatible with Band-in-a-Box) so that you can easily mark sections of your sequence.
Real Time DirectX Effects! PowerTracks Pro Audio 8.0 supports real time DirectX effects for live playback and monitoring, and even includes loads of great effects for free! PowerTracks also has real time DirectX plug-in groups in which up to four chained plug-ins can be used at once. Effects groups can be saved and loaded along with their settings, making it easy to use the same settings with multiple projects. The postproduction DirectX window also supports effects chains with up to four plug-ins.

FREE DirectX Plug-ins!
Awesome Audio Features!
Updated MIDI Features!
Enhanced Notation Features!
...and (of course) MUCH MORE!

Click here to learn more about PowerTracks Pro Audio 8.

Emailing Your Band-in-a-Box Song

One of the many new features we added with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac was the "Email Song as Attachments" feature, which will come in handy - we promise!

The Email Song dialog allows you to choose what files you want to email:
- the song (.MGU or .SGU)
- the style (.STY)
- the extended style (.STX) (if any)
- a rendered audio file (choice of AIFF, M4A, WAV)
- Audio track (if any)
- Performance track (if any)
Pressing the [Send Email] button will launch your default mail application and prepare a new message with files attached.

You can also email a Drop station file. After you drag a track button to the Drop station, right-click on the Drop station and select the Email the drop station file menu item.

Check out the 2015 New Features video clip (@ 44 min): and Tobin will show you how!
(it's a really quick clip - just 40 seconds is all you'll need!)

New Band-in-a-Box Testimonial Video by Tony Lee Glenn

We came across Tony Lee Glenn's YouTube channel not too long ago. He'd posted a video called "Getting Started with Band In A Box 2014 - Easy Royalty Free Music" which we thought was really well done!

When we approached Tony to thank him for making such a great video, he was more than happy to make a Video Testimonial for us to share!

Here's a link to his Band-in-a-Box testimonial:

Learn more about Tony here.

All of the User Testimonials can be viewed here:

Forum Stats
23854 Members
37 Forums
36199 Topics
287521 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
tuvwxy163700, zyt123, boing93, Mike Hayes, mg_MA

23854 Registered Users