Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
Expert
The drawback of such a RT VST plugin for general DAWs and as hit seller every body will start sounding the same LoL .. F

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
yes the RC interface seems a bit quirky to me also was just about to give up - there is a new Beta 3 being tested one of the features is
Source code clean-up, building with C++14 - yes PG could learn, you can drop any midi into the chord track and it will auto fit to the scale/chord.
Yes RT love em. It was mentioned in another page about linking the midi of real charts to the real audio so you could enter a midi solo and it would try to fit the corresponding audio of the real charts notation to your midi and like multiriffs give you different ones to choose from that would be closer to your midi notation you need rather than just using any bit of solo the real track artist was playing to fit to your song - RapidComposer has a similar regenerate function (below). BB could well use a multiriff like rb and in the bb audio editor window be able to access the other audio tracks not just the user audio so it could have the same audio edit window as rb that lets you select any track and add some non destructive pan and volume adjustment wav overlays for starters then maybe later a separate automation node lane underneath.

I was thinking maybe we could start a pledge donation 64 c++/vsti upgrade, somewhere in here $30,000 was mentioned - I don't know how many users are hobbyist and how many use it for music production.
Maybe we could start a pledge page and see how it goes ? - I would be willing to pledge $1,000 as a starter.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
rapidcompoaer_generate.jpg (101.2 KB, 464 downloads)
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
(By the way, 30% off RapidComposer v3 until June 12
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=350565# )

This is a post by a user with the all too common problem off real band crashing.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=351537#Post351537
It is just one example of how users go to use real band but give up !
Like how many users over the world have this problem and give up on it without reporting it ?

You really need to get on to the "RealBand In A Box" C++, not tomorrow, not the next day, but now.

It is very frustrating trying to help others but they give up on it due to crashing.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

more from the above user post on crashing
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=352099#Post352099

"I find it really strange that a program that has been around for this long has got so many problems.
Nevertheless, -I like the concept of BIAB and there are simply nothing like it on the market but the issues I have experienced should have been taken care of before release. A program like this should inspire and not make the user frustrated and loose inspiration.
PG should offer a Demo version !

"

I think that nailed it, my sentiments exactly.
They have started now on the 2017 version, so that gives them 6 months to reprogram a solid C++ version, if there is not a profound change for 2017 that is it for me, Hasta la vista, baby.
If so I will get into scripting in Reaper and create a script users can use and share instrument/drum tracks they have recorded/created and Reaper reads the BWF chord markers & Acid tempo within the wav file (created in Reaper's render dialog from the track makers) and then fits them to your Reaper's chord/marker track.
Having very large forum with so many users there would be a large community input of tracks and further script development.

A
A_R Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

more from the above user post on crashing
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=352099#Post352099

"I find it really strange that a program that has been around for this long has got so many problems.
Nevertheless, -I like the concept of BIAB and there are simply nothing like it on the market but the issues I have experienced should have been taken care of before release. A program like this should inspire and not make the user frustrated and loose inspiration.
PG should offer a Demo version !

"

I think that nailed it, my sentiments exactly.
They have started now on the 2017 version, so that gives them 6 months to reprogram a solid C++ version, if there is not a profound change for 2017 that is it for me, Hasta la vista, baby.
If so I will get into scripting in Reaper and create a script users can use and share instrument/drum tracks they have recorded/created and Reaper reads the BWF chord markers & Acid tempo within the wav file (created in Reaper's render dialog from the track makers) and then fits them to your Reaper's chord/marker track.
Having very large forum with so many users there would be a large community input of tracks and further script development.
This thread is painful read. Why do you keep making these silly posts when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about? You obviously have no idea what the difference is between Object Pascal and C++ yet you posting this nonsense. Object Pascal and C++ are basically interchangeable, simply changing from one language to another will accomplish nothing other than wasting thousands of manhours.

Journeyman
Journeyman
i think larry said it best a few pages ago.
yet i cannot resist.

i enclose the c# code

bool IsHorseDead = False;

while (!IsHorseDead)
{
beathorse();
}

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
"This thread is painful read. Why do you keep making these silly posts when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about?..."

Clearly, no idea at all, deranged loonies for sure making such comments.
Here's another one:

"They should also do a complete overhaul of the GUI!
IMHO it looks very dated !

"Never mind

Just tell me how I get my money back !

I like the concept with BIAB and will be interested when it actually work !"

Hey let's all pretend that is ok, otherwise it's too painful and silly - don't rock the boat - don't try to come up with new ides or concepts ?

Best to just close this silly thread.
[CLOSED]

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

They have started now on the 2017 version, so that gives them 6 months to reprogram a solid C++ version...

This statement clearly indicates to me that very little is known about the time it might take to translate a computer language for a program of this size.

Moreover, C++, Object Pascal, C# etc are all high-level languages. The compiler converts the high-level source code to machine code instructions that the processor can handle. Essentially, the end result machine code for "Hello World" is the same regardless of what high-level code it started as. The source code is not what is executed when you launch the program.

We all (myself included) want reliable and robust products, and improvements to the interface.

However, yes, please close this thread, it's littered with nonsensical statements.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

However, yes, please close this thread, it's littered with nonsensical statements.

+1 !!!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Veteran
Veteran
WELL this is just in time to close this thread (which means it will linger here for a while longer I guess)

it's from the Cakewalk forum RE: (paraphrasing here) "rebuild sonar code from ground up - to fix all the bugs"

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3427125

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
J
Veteran
Veteran
J

If this is the new standard then LOTS of threads here would have to be closed!

I am actually surprised you would take this stance; weren't you the one who created animated screenshot demos showing PG how to redesign the GUI? To me it seems Pipeline is making specific suggestions in that same spirit! He might be underestimating the time required (or not if the right team were in place) but his main point that this software needs more than an annual fresh coat of paint is one the majority of users would probably agree on.

And a complete rewrite is sometimes necessary to move forward. However, my suggestion, as always, would be a complete rewrite but NOT of BIAB or RealBand! Instead, package that sweet RealTrack engine and functionality into a VSTi and market it to the whole world of digital producers instead of the small niche that uses BIAB. Leave out lots of the features that are applicable to a stand-alone program and create a streamlined killer VSTi that lets me use RealTracks in my DAW. Not in RealBand...My DAW!

And keep BIAB and RB just as they are with annual bug fixes for anyone who loves those interfaces!

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

If this is the new standard then LOTS of threads here would have to be closed!

I am actually surprised you would take this stance; weren't you the one who created animated screenshot demos showing PG how to redesign the GUI?

Hold your horses JJJ. Please don't misquote me.

The O/P stated: "Best to just close this silly thread. [CLOSED]"
I simply agreed that it should be closed, because a rewrite in a different language (that's the subject matter of the thread, isn't it?) is just begging for trouble. And with absolute respect to the O/P's intentions, comments about doing this is 6 months are simply bizarre.

Please note that I also stated:
We all (myself included) want reliable and robust products, and improvements to the interface.

I didn't suggest not to produce a better, more robust version with a better interface. I suggested that starting again from scratch and writing it in a new language was not the way to deliver this. I've been writing high-level and low-level code in multiple languages for most of my working career. Believe me, I know how not to approach this.

And if the truth be known, I actually truly admire Pipeline's stance. There is clearly a genuine intention from Pipeline to improve the product. I support that 100%. And there is always room for improvement. The way it gets delivered is the only part that I have concerns about.

Bring on a better product? Certainly!

I hope this clarifies.
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I have also been a programmer for many years! But I don't think any of us has the information to know what shape this software is in and what it would take to convert it to a new language. If large chunks are coded in compiled libraries and only required a GUI replacement it will be a different project than if everything is spaghetti-ed in one big codebase. And it also comes down to your team and their experience. Six months is probably too aggressive but I suspect Pipeline was not stating that as an absolute amount of time anyway.

I can see how the PG staff might not relish users telling them what to do and how to do it but who knows? Maybe they appreciated your screen demos and Pipeline's language suggestion! smile

One last thing...when he suggested closing the thread and called it silly I think that was sarcasm because someone had called him out in a rude way!

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 06/02/16 04:38 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
If you are a programmer you can easily take a look at the RB project (exe) and go from there.

I think I was even able to get it into Visual Studio .. you see the basic structure, which gives you an idea how much work it would be.
One user here (SolidRock)used to make patches and recompile it. Even posted links on these forums with no complaint from PGMusic.
I'm sure that's pushing it a bit for the use agreement.

Just checked; Realband & BiaB exe files open in VS 2010 Ultimate version here ..
FWIW I altered how RB looks here, with encouragement from certain PGMusic staff.
Granted it's not a major overhaul, but I like it better. Easier to see certain things for me.
While tinkering with this I made various 'skins' (Stone look for Rock, Straw for Country, etc) but decided the one that made me most efficient was best for me.
I can easily see selected tracks this way, and when used in combination with User Categories (these change the icon on the left end of Tracks) it is also obvious to other users as well.
Since Barry does Vox (mainly) and John was the drummer, it is pretty obvious what the track would contain .. plus the Category assigns FX to the Track with their individual settings. Makes quick easy work when mixing a project with multiple SEQ files. Since I recorded the drums with the same mic set up on each song, using a preset Category gives me a good starting point between songs.
There are a ton of cool features once you learn them.

For the record, this was a blank project I opened and assigned Categories to show these features. My actual production files contain many more Categories (with various images) so I know that, for example, a given track was John's hi-hat mic or the mic on the kick pedal [snap] .. or the speaker mic in front of the hole on the bass drum [boom]. How far you take it is up to you.

It's all good

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RBSkin6.jpg (64.87 KB, 310 downloads)
Last edited by rharv; 06/03/16 02:22 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
and again..

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=417870#Post417870

Originally Posted By: v1597psh
Making BIAB a 64-bit app is not an easy task to accomplish. BIAB is written in Apple's Carbon framework which allowed a transition from OS 9 to OS X. So actually most of the BIAB is based on a last century code. Carbon doesn't support 64-bit mode. So in order to make it 64-bit, PG-Music developers would have to transition to Cocoa framework on which all modern Mac and iOS apps are based on which means rewriting BIAB completely from the ground up. Whether or not PG-Music developers are ready to do so we don't know. Rewriting BIAB for modern Cocoa framework will likely break compatibility with older macOSes which means many customers with older OSes will not be pleased about.

But the bottom line here is eventually PG-Music will have to do this transition. Otherwise many customers will have to stick forever on their current Macs with High Sierra or run Windows in Virtual Machines and use Windows version of BIAB.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
With Mac going to 64bit only, it seems inevitable that Biab will have to go Cross-platform 64bit re-write now.
This will give you the same version/features/release date on both Win and Mac.
I can't see any other way, can anyone else see another solution ?
Maybe it's already in the pipeline.

Veteran
Veteran
You won't like this (and I doubt PG will do it) but:

PG COULD SIMPLY DROP MAC SUPPORT!

As someone else was just today threatening to never buy BIAB again if there wasn't a RB for Mac next time, I could argue PG is already halfway there, to dropping it.

Again, I just don't see the "musical end of the world" need to go there, but that's just me.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Veteran
Veteran
Macs can still run the PC version.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Matt

I assume you are correct but since I don't really care if APPLE lives or dies, it means I don't care if BIAB works on Macs or not.

In case there was confusion as to my post when I said:

"...I just don't see the 'musical end of the world' need to go there..."

I was referring to 64-bit, as in "lack of a 64-bit BIAB is not music ending," not RB/BIAB for Mac's.

Larry

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,651
Posts735,444
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 176