Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#149195 - 02/01/12 06:23 PM [User Showcase] FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
This is Song 1 of 14½ for the FAWM 2012 Songwriting Challenge. The Style is Country Rock With 12 String.

It is the instrument group loaded with the style, no changes. Songs will be done quickly to insure getting completed. After Fawm is over I will go back and work on any critiques. All tips and tricks are alway appreciated. It is all realtracks using BIAB 2012.

Bass=520 Elec Pop
Piano=690 B3 Organ Background
RD=Nashville Outlaw^10 SN ride
Gtr=1682 12 String Acoustic Fp
Strings=524 Acoustic Strum

One Drop Of Blood

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#149196 - 02/01/12 09:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: PgFantastic]
MitchC Offline
Journeyman

I get an error with IE9...maybe Reverbnation is down right now ?

#149197 - 02/02/12 01:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: MitchC]
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nice! Even in it's "unpolished" state, it works quite well, which says a lot both for BiaB, the song and your singing.

The line "That's when I pointed to the cross..." is particularly nice in how it changes the rhythmic pattern.

The chorus works well, but I think a similar effect on the chorus on the line "One drop of blood/covered all my sin" to break the expected pattern would make it even more memorable.

On the second verse, "Satan will try" and "try to convince you" feel like a forced fit compared with the rest of the lyrics. Similarly, the break between "He seeks out" and "whom he may devour" sticks as being just a bit too unnatural.

This would be a great with a big gospel choir on the end chorus, especially if the choir was echoing the lyric, rather than singing with you. Maybe we'll get a "RealGospelChoir" in BiaB 2013?

Cutting the song at "Nothing but the blood of Jesus" would give a more dramatic ending.

The drums are too relentless for my taste. Obviously, working on builds and bringing things in and out (especially the drums). As you said, you just used the straight tracks, so there's lots of room for tweaks.

Thanks for posting!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#149198 - 02/02/12 09:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: dcuny]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Thanks dcuny for the comments. As soon as Fawm is over I will give your tips a whirl, thanks! MitchC thanks for attempting to listen.

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#149199 - 02/02/12 09:41 PM [User Showcase] Died To Set Them Free/ Gospel Rock [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is song 2 in the FAWM Challenge. I forgot to write down the instruments, I will try to list them tomorrow. They are all real tracks from biab 2012.

Died To Set Them Free

#149200 - 02/03/12 05:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Song #3 of FAWM uses Real tracks.
Bass=701 Elec Pop half note ev 85
Gtr=365 Acoustic FP
RD= Nashville ev 8^5HIhat,ride
Gtr=362 Acoustic Strum

Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop

NOTE: Here are the realtracks I used for song 2 Died to set them Free, I forgot to add them before.

388 Bass
425 B3organ
Drums=Nashville ev 8^hihat0ride
499 Elec Rhy GTR
505 Elec Rhy

#149201 - 02/04/12 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop [Re: PgFantastic]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Robert is it that time again, you are a song writing machine! Looks like you will make it in plenty of time this year. Love One Drop of Blood, that's as far as I have made it today back soon. Hope you have a BLESSED day !

#149202 - 02/04/12 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop [Re: Tommyc]
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
As noted, you're on a tear.

"Died to Set Them Free" is a straight ahead rocker. I like how you dropped everything but the drums. The last time around, I was thinking "It was unique the first time... I needs something different now, like someone witnessing..." and lo and behold, ask and you shall receive.

My only comment is that it the "Alleluia" vocals seem a bit restrained. Yeah, you won't hear me say that very often about your songs.

"Waiting for the Shoe to Drop" is nicely done - classic setup, and I love how the lyrics are turned around. But - for me - "It's been a month this Sunday" after that build isn't enough. Given how you've set this up, and how insidious a problem drinking can be, I need something more than that to "sell" me that the singer can start preaching to me.

But dang... you're a songwriting machine!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#149203 - 02/04/12 11:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: dcuny]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is song 4 in this years FAWM installment. I got the idea for the title from an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. The Instruments are

Bass 379 Elec Double Time
RD= Nashville Train EV16^1stksnr,stksnrR16
Gtr=Acoustic Strumming

(Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way

#149204 - 02/05/12 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: PgFantastic]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Ha I laughed my behind off Robert, very funny song! Thanks for sharing it was a real hoot ! Hope you have a BLESSED SUNDAY Robert !

#149205 - 02/05/12 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: Tommyc]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Robert, that's such a clever idea for a song - well put together and I really did laugh out loud! Well done!
BIAB 2017
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 3

#149206 - 02/05/12 12:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: Skyline]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Very funny! Glad you decided to speak the lyric vs. singing... funnier.

I hope it's not a true story, but if so, I would recommend shopping online, rather than the mall.

Cheers! See you on FAWM.

#149207 - 02/05/12 06:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: Brallan]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Robert,

You are a songwriting machine! Great job on these...

Bob

#149208 - 02/06/12 07:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: rsdean]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Thanks dcuny, Tommyc, Skyline, Brallan, rsdean for the feedback. I appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions. Thanks to all who have gave the songs a listen. Brallan loved the shopping on line comment, LOL.

My Music

#149209 - 02/06/12 11:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: PgFantastic]
Tano Music Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I'm glad to learn about FAWM...I think I'm going to do it! Starting on 2/6 means I'll have a really short month!

#149210 - 02/06/12 08:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: Tano Music]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Join it is fun.

#149211 - 02/06/12 10:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: PgFantastic]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Robert,

God has surely blessed you with a gift! As has already been stated, you are a songwriting machine! I will have to do one of these challenges someday. I just don't think I could keep up with you! When do you sleep?

Keep it up!

Steve

#149212 - 02/07/12 07:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Supper Heros [Re: Steve Young]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is song 5 of Fawm. It is realtracks

Style is Ctryballad w pedal steel
bass=366
RD=Nashville ev 8^2 SS, Hihat
gtr=522 FP acoustic
gtr=405 Strum acoustic

Supper Heros

Thanks tano music and Steve Young for your comments.

#149213 - 02/08/12 10:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am Free Gospel [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is song #6 for FAWM. The style used is 12STACS, The instruments are:

Bass=700 Bass Elec Pop Half Notes Push
Guitar 1=365 Acoustic FP
Guitar 2=1118 12 String Acoustic Strum
Piano=1690 Acoustic Piano
Strings=1543 Synth Pad Pop Believe

The vocal is a one take. All suggestions and comments are welcome. Thank you!

I Am Free

#149214 - 02/08/12 10:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am Free Gospel [Re: PgFantastic]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Very nice, Robert. Your voice is utterly convincing.

"Presence" is the word that comes to mind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Here are some tutorial videos we've created to help you install your Band-in-a-Box® purchase.

Our Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK are delivered as a download, on DVD, or on a 32GB USB flash drive.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from DVD: click here to watch.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the 32GB flash drive: click here to watch.
Your flash drive shipment also includes a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

The Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK is available as a download or shipped on a portable hard drive. When you receive the hard drive version, there are a few different installation options:

Option #1 - Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to watch.

Option #2 - Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to watch.

Option #3 - Install Band-in-a-Box® AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive: click here to watch.

All of these videos are available on our YouTube Channel or Videos support page.

Video - Making A Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Ever wonder how to create a song in Band-in-a-Box®? We start off with the basics in our latest video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

Windows users: click here | Mac users: click here

RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Forum Stats
27633 Members
50 Forums
52270 Topics
432742 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
War Eagle, reaper19, Waaree, Eridanus, BjornTopo

27632 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 175