You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#154088 - 03/18/12 07:00 AM Useful website for artists
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
Check this out. Audiomagnet

Free to sign up. Online sales and commercial handling of your tracks. Worth a recce

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#154089 - 03/18/12 10:10 AM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: WienSam]
RobbMiller Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Midwest
Thanks. There seems to be a multitude of these places popping up!

#154090 - 03/18/12 10:28 AM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: RobbMiller]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
There are indeed a multitude of these places popping up. Some are not legit. Their purpose is to get you to contribute your music, then steal it for another site you don't know about. Thus, they pay you a little, and keep more for themselves. Every so often, I play "whack a mole" with them, as an intellectual challenge while knowing it's a losing battle.

I am not commenting whether this site may be legit, except to say I checked for music from several colleagues I work with whose music would normally be found on a music site, and they are not on this one.

An advantage to using the more established sites like CD Baby or Amazon for your music is that they decide which other sites are legit, and handle all the accounting so you don't have to. CD Baby pays a lot better than Amazon, and if they decide this new site is legit, my music will show up there eventually.

#154091 - 03/18/12 03:04 PM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: Matt Finley]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
Your music (and face) has a habit of turning up where you least expect it, Matt. Remember that cocktail site recently?

What does 'whack a mole' mean? Is it a kind of mispronunciation of guacamole or something? I have never heard that expression before

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#154092 - 03/18/12 03:53 PM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: WienSam]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Quote:

What does 'whack a mole' mean? Is it a kind of mispronunciation of guacamole or something? I have never heard that expression before

"whack a mole" the game at arcades where the moles come out of the hole and you whack them with a padded mallet, quite stress re-leaving I must admit. So when in doubt WHACK IT!

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#154093 - 03/18/12 04:01 PM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: Danny C.]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Hi Sam. I apologize for using a reference that those outside the USA might not know. Danny described it perfectly, except that I take the padding off the mallet when I 'play' with these thieves.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 German Patch for Windows

Existing Band-in-a-Box 2014 customers who'd like to use the German version can download the latest language patch here.

RealTracks Artist John Jorgenson - A Busy Man!

Interested in seeing RealTracks artist John Jorgenson perform? There's plenty of opportunities coming up! Take a look at his schedule: http://www.johnjorgenson.com/index.php/tour/

Stay in Touch on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Band-in-a-Box Tutorials & How-To's!

Want to learn more about your Band-in-a-Box? Like how to make your own UserTracks or the steps for downloading and installing RealTracks? Head to our Tutorials & How-To's page!

Purchase Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box!

To get the most out of Band-in-a-Box, we offer a huge selection of add-ons, including RealTracks and RealDrums!

With additional sets of MIDI SuperTracks, Styles, Soloists, Melodists, Essential Phrases & Riffs, Fakebooks, Video Tutorials and more, the possibilities are endless...
Add-ons for Windows
Add-ons for Mac

YouTube Playlist - Other PG Music Inc. Products

For PG Music, Band-in-a-Box was just the beginning! Check out these other great products PG Music has to offer...
YouTube Playlist - Other PG Music Inc. Products

You can purchase these here:
Other Products - Windows
Other Products - Mac

Forum Stats
22432 Members
38 Forums
29429 Topics
233843 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
nopqrs551151, nopqrs420352, Craig John, Shoreton-Kerrley, PhotosyntheticMe