You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#154088 - 03/18/12 07:00 AM Useful website for artists
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
Check this out. Audiomagnet

Free to sign up. Online sales and commercial handling of your tracks. Worth a recce

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#154089 - 03/18/12 10:10 AM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: WienSam]
RobbMiller Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Midwest
Thanks. There seems to be a multitude of these places popping up!

#154090 - 03/18/12 10:28 AM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: RobbMiller]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
There are indeed a multitude of these places popping up. Some are not legit. Their purpose is to get you to contribute your music, then steal it for another site you don't know about. Thus, they pay you a little, and keep more for themselves. Every so often, I play "whack a mole" with them, as an intellectual challenge while knowing it's a losing battle.

I am not commenting whether this site may be legit, except to say I checked for music from several colleagues I work with whose music would normally be found on a music site, and they are not on this one.

An advantage to using the more established sites like CD Baby or Amazon for your music is that they decide which other sites are legit, and handle all the accounting so you don't have to. CD Baby pays a lot better than Amazon, and if they decide this new site is legit, my music will show up there eventually.

#154091 - 03/18/12 03:04 PM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: Matt Finley]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
Your music (and face) has a habit of turning up where you least expect it, Matt. Remember that cocktail site recently?

What does 'whack a mole' mean? Is it a kind of mispronunciation of guacamole or something? I have never heard that expression before

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#154092 - 03/18/12 03:53 PM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: WienSam]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Quote:

What does 'whack a mole' mean? Is it a kind of mispronunciation of guacamole or something? I have never heard that expression before

"whack a mole" the game at arcades where the moles come out of the hole and you whack them with a padded mallet, quite stress re-leaving I must admit. So when in doubt WHACK IT!

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#154093 - 03/18/12 04:01 PM Re: Useful website for artists [Re: Danny C.]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Hi Sam. I apologize for using a reference that those outside the USA might not know. Danny described it perfectly, except that I take the padding off the mallet when I 'play' with these thieves.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Ear Training with Band-in-a-Box

Train your ear to recognize notes, note intervals, and chord extensions using Band-in-a-Box's Ear Training tools.
Click here to watch the video.

RealTracks Artist John Jorgenson - October Tour!

John Jorgenson will be performing in Scotland, Liverpool, Maryland, Virginia, Arizona & New Mexico during the month of October!

Click here for a complete list of his upcoming performances.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - Dutch Version Update!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 voor Windows is hier met meer dan 50 coole nieuwe functies.
Wij zijn bezig geweest en hebben enkele geweldige nieuwe functies en nieuwe RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Klanken en Artiest Uitvoeringen toegevoegd aan Band-in-a-Box!

De complete Nederlandse handleiding van Band-in-a-Box 2014 is nu beschikbaar om gratis te downloaden. Meer...

Band-in-a-Box for Windows - Video Tutorials

If you'd like to learn more about the latest version, watch a demonstration of our newest RealTracks Sets 188-205 or watch some short videos highlighting specific features, head to our Band-in-a-Box for Windows Video Tutorials page!

RealTracks Artists Craig Scott & Joe Poole - Album Review

Craig Scott is joined by RealDrums Artist Joe Poole along with Cory Weeds, Tony Foster and Russ Botten to form the The Craig Scott Quintet!

Learn more about The Craig Scott Quintet – Cellar Live album here:
http://audaud.com/2014/09/introducing-the-craig-scott-quintet-tracklist-follows-cellar-live/

Band-in-a-Box App Tutorials and Support

Enhancing your Band-in-a-Box experience is easier than ever when you have an App from iTunes or the GooglePlay Store! And... setting everything up is a breeze! We offer tutorials and videos to help you out!

Band-in-a-Box for Android Help Page

Band-in-a-Box for iPhone Help Page

"BB Remote" for Android Help Page

"BB Remote" for iPhone Help Page

"Pitch Invasion" for iPhone Help Page

RealTracks Artist Chris Nole on Tour with Country Singer Don Williams!

The Don Williams 2014 tour includes RealTracks Artist Chris Nole on keyboard!

This month their tour takes them to Kentucky, West Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin! For a complete list of their 2014 tour destinations, click here.

Forum Stats
21995 Members
38 Forums
30030 Topics
239091 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
vwxyz{886580, mnopqr605727, jklmno265479, caedenspa, laila diab

21994 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 108
MarioD 99