Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157493 - 04/21/12 12:35 PM ACW problem
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
On importing a track into ACW, I get a note that states "Unanticipated host error" with a tick button below it that says 'OK@. There is no option but to click OK. The track then finishes loading, tempo and bars and beats are worked out BUT the 'Play' button is kind of greyed out and there is no response if you click on it

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#157494 - 04/21/12 12:44 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
What kind of track?
How do you import it into ACW?
RB or BiaB?

#157495 - 04/21/12 12:58 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
and what format of audio file are you importing?

#157496 - 04/21/12 05:27 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Pat Marr]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Also, does the problem exist with other audio files? (BTW, what version of BIAB do you have?)

#157497 - 04/21/12 10:37 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Noel96]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Sorry, I had a feeling I might not have given enough detail. Latest version fully updated of BIAB 2012 (349) and I get the file (either mp3 or wav) by opening RB then under <File> selecting <Launch Audio Chord Wizard...>

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157498 - 04/21/12 10:48 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Hi Sam. So, you solved your 'no sound' problem earlier today?

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=360469&an=0&page=0#Post360469
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore all running on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#157499 - 04/21/12 10:59 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Matt Finley]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

No, Matt. Not yet. Just added more info over there

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157500 - 04/22/12 12:02 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it?

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157501 - 04/22/12 12:24 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it?

its the dreaded ASIO gremlins. They get everybody at one time or another.

my theory is that ASIO stands for

Awwww
Shucks (or some other similar word)
It's

whereas MME stands for

Makin'
Music!!
Eeeeyahoooo!

or not. Maybe I dreamed it.
(Seems to work that way for a lot of people though...)

#157502 - 04/22/12 08:02 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: Pat Marr]
rharv Offline
Veteran

"Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it? "

incorrect, corrupt, or incompatible ASIO driver .. or just wrong ASIO driver chosen.
At this point, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#157503 - 04/22/12 12:18 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: rharv]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

So should I just forget ASIO?

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157504 - 04/22/12 01:59 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Have you tried do not map this device in audio properties? Just a thought.

#157505 - 04/23/12 09:48 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

So should I just forget ASIO?

Yes.

There is NO difference in the sound quality.

Both ASIO and MME/WDM create the same kind of PCM Audio .wav files.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#157506 - 04/23/12 12:32 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Mac]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Sam, the only reason to use ASIO is if you're playing/recording the sounds of a software midi synth in real time as you're listening to other tracks. ASIO reduces the latency (delay) you hear using MME. A hardware external synth has no latency. Unless you have a midi guitar or you're playing a midi keyboard through your PC and using a software synth, no need for ASIO.

Bob

#157507 - 04/24/12 07:14 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: jazzmammal]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Here's the difference in a nutshell (as seen by rharv)

When you use ASIO, the idea is to play a keyboard and have the MIDI from a keyboard come into the computer and generate a softsynth. Or to record audio and use the realtime effects on the input. Example: sing into a mic and hear the reverb from a DXi or VST effect in real time.

If you don't use those features you don't need ASIO. You may want to, and on some systems these drivers actually work better, but this helps determine the need.

The reason: when the MIDI comes in (or the audio) the computer is tasked with creating a sound right away. The sooner the better! So ASIO runs in the system with much lower latency (delay) because it makes itself a priority. By doing this it adds stress to a system. Some systems and drivers are fine with this, some not so much.

MME, on the other hand, doesn't respond as quickly. This is because the audio buffer it uses is much larger, so it doesn't tax the system so much. It still creates the same sound, but just does it with less stress on the machine and a bigger buffer.

This buffer comes into play in many ways, but most are not needed by many users except in the above two examples.
Some others would include:
Response to a mixer interface (including the program mixer)
Milliseconds of time between hitting play and the file starting (buffer load)

Things that require immediate response.
Otherwise, they are indistinguishable in the end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Pat Martino - February Performances!

The Pat Martino Trio has a busy week coming up! Six performances in as many days starting on February 20th in Portland, Oregon with the Portland Jazz Festival. From there, they'll be heading to San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Seattle, and will finish the week off in Golden, Colorado!

For a more detailed list of Pat's upcoming shows, visit www.patmartino.com/ and click on Itinerary.

You'll find his RealTracks in Set 195: Jazz Pollwinners 2 - Pat Martino Guitar. To listen to demos of these, and learn more about Pat, visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Our "Tips and Tricks" Forum - Share Your Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tutorials!

Have you come up with some technical tips or tutorials that are related to our products? Share them with fellow users by posting them to our Tips & Tricks Forum. As it is right now, there are 26 pages of posts from our Forum Members in that category!

Plus, if you've made your own tutorial video be sure to let us know - we can post it to our User to User Videos page.

#ThrowbackThrusday - Band-in-a-Box 7 (from 1997!)

Wow - take a look at this Band-in-a-Box 7 New Features Video from 1997... www.pgmusic.com/?vid=OdtSP2SfKAI

Peter explains all the new features offered with this version release, which you can also review as a written list here.

Special Offer - Save on "Other Software" Purchases!

When you purchase any three "Performance Products" (Multimedia, Master Solos, Master Class or Performance Series products) valued at $49 each, there's a discount applied - you can purchase any three of these programs for only $99!

It doesn't stop there! Purchase 4 of these for only $131, 5 for just $149, or 6 for just $179!

This breaks down as:
Buy 3 Performance products for $99 - that's a savings of $48!
Buy 4 Performance products for $131 - that's a savings of $65!
Buy 5 Performance products for $149 - that's a savings of $96!
Buy 6 Performance products for $179 - that's a savings of $115!

Just add the items to your shopping cart - these discounts are applied once the quantity is reached.

Visit http://www.pgmusic.com/products.htm to see which products are available for your operating system.

Video - Using VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 with Band-in-a-Box

Check out this tutorial on using Ravenscroft 275 with Band-in-a-Box for Windows, which also includes some demos of the Ravenscroft 275 piano playing MIDI SuperTracks: Watch it here!
Learn more about Ravenscroft 274 and listen to additional demos via our purchasing page or by visiting the VI Labs website.

Have you purchased a copy of VI Labs Ravenscroft 275? We'd love to hear your results! Post them here.

Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac!

With Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac you have the option to save your song as a video that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs! Watch Tobin explain this new feature here: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IAfmkdpwVo8

(this feature is also available with Band-in-a-Box 2015 and higher for Windows: Watch the video.)

Not only can you save your song as a video, you can also load videos that you already have into Band-in-a-Box!
From the New Features List:
Video Window: The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track. As the song plays, you can slow down the video, and the audio will slow down and stay in sync.
The quality of the audio at slower or faster tempos is great. The video slowdown range is 6-800%. This is a great tool for transcription. You can select a range in the Chord Sheet window and use Transport - [Loop] button to loop a section of the video at a low tempo for example.

Have you made a Band-in-a-Box video? Feel free to share it on our User Showcase Forum.

Watch Wolf Marshall's Band-in-a-Box Testimonial Video!

Guess who else popped by our NAMM booth for a visit? Endorsing Artist Wolf Marshall!
(You may have noticed he's also in the recently posted photo of Henry Johnson enjoying the Crooner RealTracks...)

Wolf shared his Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonial with us, which you can watch here: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=4UWqoh0tP6Q.
Not only does he share how he uses (and why he enjoys) the program, he also tells us of a recent situation where Band-in-a-Box helps him complete a project in record time!

Click here to learn more about Endorsing Artist Wolf Marshall.

All of the Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonials are available here.

Forum Stats
24284 Members
39 Forums
37988 Topics
301760 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
tee, David29, Zetman, Kristine Robles, Wolfgang58

24283 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 279
Noel96 195