You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157774 - 04/23/12 01:23 PM Pro songwriters using BAB?
MartinD18 Offline

Hi,

As a songwriter I've been thinking of trying out BAB for demos. To reduce cost and the need for studio time beyond my own personal one. Are there any pros out there using BAB for this purpose. Do any of you that are using this product feel that it's flexible enough for this purpose. Meaning, I know that the "real band" stuff sounds pretty good. Are you able to move fills or overdub when needed? Another words, can I get professional enough result for song pitching with this product?

Scott

#157775 - 04/23/12 02:27 PM Re: Pro songwriters using BAB? [Re: MartinD18]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Scott.

There are a lot of professional musicians and sound engineers on
these sites.
Also many outstanding folks putting out professional quality music.
This link will give you some ideas on the quality of the music
capabilities with the PG music products.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=usershowcase&page=0

Some number of these posts indicate how the songs are created.

Many of these songs with blow you away.

Keep in mind you can use the BIAB system for 30 days free tryouts.

Good luck!

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7,APU=AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD,Beats Audio
PG Ultra Plus 2015,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#157776 - 04/23/12 05:37 PM Re: Pro songwriters using BAB? [Re: seeker]
Joe Gordon Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Galston, East Ayrshire, Scotla...
Scott, Without a doubt BIAB & Real Band will be ideal for your purpose.I've used BIAB with Sonar to produce demos at home, that other musicians thought were studio produced....and I'm no expert! But there are lots of real experts on this Forum, so the sky is the limit for you! Good luck! Joe G.

#157777 - 04/23/12 06:11 PM Re: Pro songwriters using BAB? [Re: Joe Gordon]
tnicoson Offline
Enthusiast

Scott

Out of the box, the MIDI part of BiaB is geared toward the GM/GS voice set, as that was their original target market, but you will find that most (all ?) of these single element, polyphony and memory saving voices just will not cut it in a pro environment. I still run my BiaB into an old Roland SC-88 GS sound module for quick throw-together demos, but for pro quality sound, you will need to be prepared to provide high quality VST's, external sound modules/samplers, or synths along with the necessary BiaB patch maps to access their voices. Real Drums and Real Tracks are a different story, however. I think many (most / all ?) or them are pro quality right out of the box. As far as Biab, itself, for music composition, it would be hard to beat.

Regards,

Ted

Edited by tnicoson (04/23/12 06:16 PM)

#157778 - 04/24/12 12:31 PM Re: Pro songwriters using BAB? [Re: tnicoson]
MartinD18 Offline

Thank you for the inspiring and informative info.

Ted, I won't have to use external synths, I can just find VST's I like and add them to BIAB...correct? Thus, I could take any of the tracks generated (GM sounds) and just swap them for a better VST sound?

Am I thinking correctly on this?

Scott

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News

Did you know we have a very active Forum on our website?

You can post your original songs, share videos, post some Band-in-a-Box tips, ask questions about the program, make program suggestions in the Wishlist section, and even share some jokes and other stories in the Off-Topic forum.

Our Forum is packed with some AMAZING people - check it out!
www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Video - The Chord Builder in Band-in-a-Box

The Chord Builder feature allows you to hear and build chords up by clicking on the root, extension and alternate slash root if applicable - and it's a great way to test out chords to input into your song!

Watch the video: youtu.be/uRWIz6dSh88

Wondering what chords are recognized by Band-in-a-Box? Find out here: www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_chordlist.htm

We'd Still LOVE to See Your Video Testimonial!

In June we announced that we'd started a new Video Testimonials Page and that we are seeking Video Testimonials from Band-in-a-Box users like YOU.
If you’re video is selected, we'll send you a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

Want some inspiration? Visit our Video Testimonials page at www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm to see the videos already submitted.

For information on how to create your video testimonial, click here.

Video - The Soloist & Melodist Sequencer in Band-in-a-Box

Ever notice that little green Sequencer button in Band-in-a-Box? This powerful little button allows you control each channel on the Melody or Soloist track in Band-in-a-Box. For example, you might want a single instrument out of a MIDI file you import into Band-in-a-Box, so the Melody Sequencer allows you to rechannel, or delete specific channels.

Watch this video to see how this feature works: https://youtu.be/OejFpi4TjIQ

Video - Generate a Guitar Chord Solo Automatically with Band-in-a-Box!

Band-in-a-Box has a "Chord Solo" button that launches the built-in feature where Band-in-a-Box will generate a Guitar Chord Solo!

This feature allows you to generate a guitar chord solo for any melody. The program will arrange the melody to a guitar chord solo by inserting real guitar voicings throughout the piece. You can select from among many "guitarists" in order to create your arrangement. You can also define your own guitarists; choosing parameters such as strum speed, types of voicings (Pop/Jazz), embellishments, and much more!

Watch the video to learn more: youtu.be/qxOHUCZkoMU

Studio Guitarist Derryl Gabel - Video Testimonial!

Derryl Gabel has been using Band-in-a-Box for years, including using the program to create backing tracks for his Guitar Tutorial Videos! Watch Derryl's Video Testimonial: youtu.be/pGSK-3b1GuY

Learn more about Derryl: derrylgabel.com

He's also a Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist!

There's still time to send us your video - click here for more information.

Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015

One of the great new features with Band-in-a-Box 2015... Now you can save your Band-in-a-Box song composition as a video, that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs!

It's simple... Just press the [Save as] button and choose Save as Video. The 'video' portion is the chordsheet in Band-in-a-Box that shows the chords and a highlighted bar moving as the song plays, and the song title and song info displays at the top of the window.

Watch the video that demonstrates this feature in the Windows version here.
Using the Mac version? Watch this video.

Forum Stats
23499 Members
38 Forums
35245 Topics
281355 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Lonely Cat Dad, Ecomarco, Kees, LouG, Ray2015

23499 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Guitarhacker 101
VideoTrack 99