You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#157954 - 04/26/12 12:32 PM Adding multiple repeats, codas, tags, etc
pgodfrin Offline

I am working on a tune which is a standard AABA jazz format. I want to add a 4 bar vamp as a tag or coda ending after the form has repeated 12 times. The 4 bars come in on bar 7 of the last 8 (a type of second ending) and are to repeat 12 times and then end with a 2-4 bar ending.

I am having trouble making that work correctly using a tag ending since there is no provision for the tag to repeat. Plus, a second ending of the tag itself is cuasing me grief. I am experimenting with NOT using the 'number of choruses' button and 'hard coding' the repeats but that seems like it may cause other issues...

Any suggestions?
much thanx,

#157955 - 04/27/12 09:18 AM Re: Adding multiple repeats, codas, tags, etc [Re: pgodfrin]
Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Why not just make the TAG ending 48 bars long?

PGmusic FAQs, Tutorials and Updates! click here

You must be Audiominds.

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Trevor Hutchinson Performs Oct 7th!

RealTracks Artist Trevor Hutchinson shares the stage with Dermot Byrne and Steve Cooney at Whelan's on Wednesday, October 7th!

A Traditional Irish musical performance in Ireland? If I could be there, I would! So, if you're in the area you should check them out!

Learn more about the event here.

To read about Trevor and listen to demos of his RealTracks, visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

As always, if you've created a song that uses Trevor's RealTracks (from Sets 104 & 123), feel free to share them on our User Showcase Forum.

Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015

One of the ways to save your song with Band-in-a-Box 2015 is to save it as a video and upload it to YouTube!

See how this is done:

Have you saved your song as a video? Share it here!

#TBT - Dare-to-Compare Cassette!

Remember when you couldn't download audio files, CD's didn't exist and YouTube wasn't an option? How else could we offer a Dare-to-Compare feature? With a cassette, of course!

"Dare to Compare" Cassette - take a look!

RealTracks Artist Phil Woods

We are sad to hear of the passing of Jazz Saxophonist Phil Woods yesterday afternoon. Phil recently retired from performing, with his last performance being on September 4th at Manchester Craftsmen's Guild in Pittsburgh.

Phil was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners" series.

Learn more about Phil and listen to his RealTracks here.

You can also visit his website, where fans are remembering and honoring him in the Open Mic Forum.

Create a Video Testimonial Today!

Our collection of Video Testimonials is GROWING! Hopefully we aren't done yet...

We are still seeking Video Testimonials from Band-in-a-Box users like YOU!
If you’re video is selected, we'll send you a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

Want some inspiration? Visit our Video Testimonials page at to see the videos already submitted.

For information on how to create your video testimonial, click here.

#TipTuesday - Mixer 'Tricks' for Band-in-a-Box!

Did you know... In the Mixer Window:
-Hold Ctrl or Shift key to change all tracks at once.
-Hold the [Ctrl] key down as you click on the track slider, or drag the thumb of the slider.
-Hold the [Shift] key and it will move all tracks relative to the move of the original track

Other Tips for the Mixer Window:
-Custom track labels. Click on the track description on the Mixer, and choose "Rename track title" to change the track label.
-Custom track descriptions. Click on the track description on the Mixer, and choose "Change track descriptions" to change the track description.

Video - Band-in-a-Box and GarageBand: Using MIDI SuperTracks

Want to know you how to use MIDI SuperTracks with custom synthesizer sounds via Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac and GarageBand?

We've got a video for that:

Of course, you can always contact us directly if you have any questions!

Forum Stats
23610 Members
38 Forums
35631 Topics
285008 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
ScruggsStudio, mrs, OneManGig, Chris K, test111

23609 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
c_fogle 141
Guitarhacker 117