Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#374726 11/17/16 01:36 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Am getting an "Instrument Not Found" message when attempting to load Hi-Q sounds. Here's what I've got...

Hi-Q sounds were working fine until I installed Omnisynth, which wrote over the BiaB sounds.
So, I reinstalled the BiaB Hi-Q sounds from the BiaB USB drive
Now both Omnisynth and BiaB sound subfolders are in the same folder:
C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.5/Instruments/
I'm running BiaB as adminstrator.

Probably something simple, just can't find it.

THANKS in advance!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
Veteran
Veteran
Try going to the 1K Multimedia site, sign in and get a new authorization (serial) number for SampleTank Free. Band-in-a-Box uses the free player to play the Hi-Q sounds and the player has likely lost it's original authorization.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Try going to the 1K Multimedia site, sign in and get a new authorization (serial) number for SampleTank Free. Band-in-a-Box uses the free player to play the Hi-Q sounds and the player has likely lost it's original authorization.

Thanks for the suggestions but that's not it. Should have added that SampleTank is opened up by the "load Hi-Q" command in BiaB, and both the BiaB and OmniSynth sounds can be seen and manually loaded, and work fine. It's just that the "load Hi-Q" command reports "file not found" rather than AUTOMATICALLY loading the sound file.

Any other ideas?

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Veteran
Veteran
Ron,

As an experiment, try this...

1. Close BIAB.

2. Right-click on the shortcut you use to start BIAB and select "Run as administrator".

When BIAB starts, see if the Hi-Q sound now works.

Because of the way Sampletank is installed, it sometimes needs to be run in Administrator mode. If the above solves your problem, you can set starting in Administrator mode permanently by...

1. Right-clicking on the shortcut.

2. Selecting properties.

3. Click on the "Compatibility" tab.

4. Selecting "Run this program as an administrator."

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Noel, thanks for the suggestion, but that's not it either. As stated in my original post, I am running BiaB as Administrator. Also, the Hi-Q sounds were working fine until I accidentally deleted the BiaB sounds and had to reload them.

Any other ideas?

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Veteran
Veteran
Are you using the full version of SampleTank or the free version? Is it version 2.x or version 3?

Assuming 2.x (because that's what BIAB wants to see), I would do the following:

1. Go into SampleTank and make note of where it wants to see its sounds (I believe it is in the settings, but I'm not in front of my music computer right now to say exactly). Then, re-install the BIAB Hi-Q sounds and make sure you install it into the same location.

2. If that doesn't work, I would uninstall SampleTank. Then re-install Sampletank, re-authorize it (if you use the same serial number on the same machine, it doesn't take away one of your install slots), and make note of where you specified the libraries to go. Then re-install the Hi-Q sounds to the same place as the ST libraries. Then see if it works. I remember one time I had a similar problem and the re-install fixed it for me.

If I get a chance, I'll look at my configuration later this evening to see exactly what to do.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Thx John, I will do this again. Yes, am using 2.x. Have BiaB sounds loaded in the location that Sampletank uses with no difference in results. Sampletank plugin DOES load, and I can manually insert the right sound in the BiaB folder, it's just that the BiaB right-click "load Hi-Q sounds" command yields a file not found. Four or five keystrokes later I can work around this, but shouldn't have to...

Originally Posted By: jford
Are you using the full version of SampleTank or the free version? Is it version 2.x or version 3?

Assuming 2.x (because that's what BIAB wants to see), I would do the following:

1. Go into SampleTank and make note of where it wants to see its sounds (I believe it is in the settings, but I'm not in front of my music computer right now to say exactly). Then, re-install the BIAB Hi-Q sounds and make sure you install it into the same location.

2. If that doesn't work, I would uninstall SampleTank. Then re-install Sampletank, re-authorize it (if you use the same serial number on the same machine, it doesn't take away one of your install slots), and make note of where you specified the libraries to go. Then re-install the Hi-Q sounds to the same place as the ST libraries. Then see if it works. I remember one time I had a similar problem and the re-install fixed it for me.

If I get a chance, I'll look at my configuration later this evening to see exactly what to do.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Ron,

If you click on the Prefs button on the SampleTank control panel, then Browse, is C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.5/Instruments/ selected?

Every time I've run into those "Instrument Not Found" error, I've always found that it was pointed to the wrong folder.

I'd try selecting each of these folders and see if one of them allows the "Select Hi-Q" command to work:

C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/Instruments/

If that doesn't do the trick, feel free to give us a call on Monday, I'm sure we'll figure it out. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Veteran
Veteran
Okay, there is definitely something going on with Sampletank and Hi-Q. I tried to launch Hi-Q styles this evening. The first thing it tells me is the SampleTank isn't loaded and the instrument is unavailable, but they there it is and it plays just fine. See the screen shots below.

I'm running the latest build.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Hi-Q 01.jpg (194.19 KB, 109 downloads)
Hi-Q 02.jpg (13.03 KB, 109 downloads)
Hi-Q 03.jpg (103.09 KB, 109 downloads)
Hi-Q 04.jpg (289.65 KB, 109 downloads)

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Kent, yes, Sampletank is pointed at the correct folder, and I tried both of the folders you suggested. Will get in touch Monday if it's not sorted by then. Thx!

Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Ron,

If you click on the Prefs button on the SampleTank control panel, then Browse, is C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.5/Instruments/ selected?

Every time I've run into those "Instrument Not Found" error, I've always found that it was pointed to the wrong folder.

I'd try selecting each of these folders and see if one of them allows the "Select Hi-Q" command to work:

C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/Instruments/

If that doesn't do the trick, feel free to give us a call on Monday, I'm sure we'll figure it out. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
John, thanks for the very detailed post. The problem I'm experiencing is a bit different, in that Sampletank is found and opened, but the Hi-Q sound file is not found, so is not loaded into Sampletank. But I can manually load the desired Hi-Q sound into Sampletank, and BiaB plays it fine. Very frustrating...

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
John, thanks for the very detailed post. My issue is a little different in that Sampletank is found and is opened, but the sound file is not found, so Sampletank is empty.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Veteran
Veteran
Ron,

I don't know if this helps...

In Sampletank preferences, the folder that needs to be set is the level before where the sound information is found.

For example, if the "Band-in-a-Box" folder is found at...

C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.5/Band-In-A-Box

Then the Prefs in Sampletank needs setting to...

C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.5

Also, did you double-check that BIAB is indeed running in Admin mode as mentioned in my earlier post? The reason I ask is because I've found that re-installing often restores this setting.

Lastly, when PG Music solve this issue for you, please post the solution. I can guarantee that it will be helpful to someone somewhere in the future.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Thanks for the suggestion, Noel.
Yes, SampleTank is pointed to the correct folder before the BiaB sound folder.
Yes, am running from Administrator mode
Yes, if this is ever solved, will post the solution.
Appreciate ALL the help from all the posters.

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Ron,

I don't know if this helps...

In Sampletank preferences, the folder that needs to be set is the level before where the sound information is found.

For example, if the "Band-in-a-Box" folder is found at...

C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.5/Band-In-A-Box

Then the Prefs in Sampletank needs setting to...

C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.5

Also, did you double-check that BIAB is indeed running in Admin mode as mentioned in my earlier post? The reason I ask is because I've found that re-installing often restores this setting.

Lastly, when PG Music solve this issue for you, please post the solution. I can guarantee that it will be helpful to someone somewhere in the future.

All the best,
Noel

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Veteran
Veteran
Ron,

One other test that would be worth trying ...

Go to the folder that you keep BIAB in (probably c:\bb), find BBW.EXE, start it up by right-clicking on it and running it in administrator mode.

Does the same issue occur?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Yes, exactly the same issue. Thx again!

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Ron,

One other test that would be worth trying ...

Go to the folder that you keep BIAB in (probably c:\bb), find BBW.EXE, start it up by right-clicking on it and running it in administrator mode.

Does the same issue occur?

Regards,
Noel

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Here are some captures of what I'm seeing...

1st, the INSTRUMENT is NOT found, but SampleTank IS.

SampleTank not only loads, but displays the correct BiaB Hi-Q sounds folder

The path for the BiaB Hi-Q sounds

Running BiaB as administrator, both in properties and with right click

Thx again for the help!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Veteran
Veteran
Ron,

Thanks for the images, they help a great deal.

When you click on the arrowhead to the left of "Band-in-a-box", does the folder expand and list the instruments in "Band-in-a-box"?

Here's what my folder contains...

Regards,
Noel

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
DC Ron Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Noel, yes, I can expand the Band in a Box folder, select a Hi-Q instrument, and the instruments plays perfectly. The sounds just won't autoload from BiaB using the Hi-Q commands. Odd...

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: DC Ron
Noel, yes, I can expand the Band in a Box folder, select a Hi-Q instrument, and the instruments plays perfectly. The sounds just won't autoload from BiaB using the Hi-Q commands. Odd...

You may be describing normal behavior. The inability to save ST operation/settings has been discussed in the past.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,647
Posts735,426
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.