Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Achordocaster
Noel,

It's pretty much all been said, but just let me add... I THOUGHT THIS WAS OUTSTANDING!!

All the instruments sound so clear and work so well together. Loved the guitar and the strings and your vocal and the mix... I loved everything! Just a GREAT write! I could see this being done in a broadway musical.

Great Job!! grin

Hi Greg,

Appreciate your passing through the thread. Thanks for taking time to have a listen and to comment. You made my day!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
I thought I had commented on this masterpiece, blush
All has already been said about the song, beautiful.

I read in another post how you adjusted the vocal track using volume nodes, flipping heck how long does that take you if the example you used is done on the whole vocal track? It is well worth it tho' because the vocal track is perfect.
I do the same but to a considerably lesser extent so will have a go Noel-style on my next song.

Well done again!!

Alyn

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I'm going to have to agree with all the praise that's been posted for this song - thank you for sharing it with us!

This is our "Hot Forum Topic" for today smile

~Callie

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Callie,

Thank you for the great start that you've given my Tuesday!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Simple and beautiful, magnificent and wonderful smile Great singing and mixing, nice strings and solo. But most of all, I really like the lyrics, Earth is one of the most inspiring subjects to write a song about and you have really captured the "ancient mystery". I wish that Earth could be reflected in the title of the song somehow.

Janne

Hi Janne,

Thank you. I totally agree with you about Earth. One doesn't have to look too far to be inspired. It's a pretty incredible planet when looked at in photos from NASA. Brenda and I actually did try to include "Earth" in the title, but we couldn't come up with a suitable hook. Maybe next time!

Thanks again.

All the best,
Noel

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Beautiful lyric and vocal

Thanks Scott. Appreciate your having a chance to have a listen.

Best regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
Really incredible song, Noel. I love how you slowly add musical elements building up to the guitar solo, which as lots of people have said is excellent. I also adore the climactic string ending! Great job.

Will,

Thanks for jumping in, listening and commenting. Much appreciated.

You know, none of what I do would be possible without the amazing team at PG Music. Every time I use BIAB, I marvel at how it makes making good music so easy! And then there's PG Music staff.... I haven't met any company anywhere that better looks after its customers (seriously)!

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
W
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
W
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
Really incredible song, Noel. I love how you slowly add musical elements building up to the guitar solo, which as lots of people have said is excellent. I also adore the climactic string ending! Great job.

Will,

Thanks for jumping in, listening and commenting. Much appreciated.

You know, none of what I do would be possible without the amazing team at PG Music. Every time I use BIAB, I marvel at how it makes making good music so easy! And then there's PG Music staff.... I haven't met any company anywhere that better looks after its customers (seriously)!

Thanks again,
Noel

My pleasure, Noel! That makes us so happy to hear how much you love the program smile smile You're too kind!

Will - PG Music
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"And when the night is dark and I can see a million stars
I like to sit and watch and feel the peace and calm
Wherever I turn, when I look around
An ancient mystery shields and shelters me"

Breath taking lyrics!

We need to start commenting on your songs earlier rather than later. It seems that all of the accolades have been taken so quickly. Like floyd we much agree with everything Tom said...and with what floyd said in addition.

You have more positivity packed into one song than many could write in a life time. Although I often tend toward darker lyrics Janice personifies the positive approach toward all things in life and that is one reason of many that she so enjoys your compositions...as I do.

Neither Janice nor I are particularly good in parsing out productions for comment. We get lost in the totality of everything when it is this good. But we have to mention how well it is written, sung and arranged. The mix is lovely and very supportive of the lyric. As others have said the strings and electric guitar solo are standout.

Superb Noel!

J&B

Hi Janice and Bud,

Good to see/read you. Thanks for dropping in and giving the song a listen. I appreciate the comments and I know that Brenda will be equally appreciative when she reads them. I always like reading your insights on the posts in the forum.

At the end of this song's journey of creation, it seemed to mostly take care of itself. The part we struggled most with was the bridge. To read your comment about this section, brought a smile to my face. Thanks for that!

All the best to you both,
Noel

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very beautiful song.
Everything sounds good.

Sergio

Hey Sergio,

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: SaxMarc
Noel,
Nice positive message, and I think the arrangement is really good. It sounds excellent!

Thanks Marc! I appreciate the feedback.

Regards,
Noel

Originally Posted By: Skyline
A lovely song Noel, and a really beautiful arrangement, with a perfect strings part. A lovely listen.
Top notch work!

Cheers
John

John,

When I listen to your work, I always come away thinking about how much I still need to learn in relation to arranging. It is for this reason that I really appreciate your comments. Thank you.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The song is gorgeous Noel! All the tweaks that you've done plus the audiophile tracks arrangement on this sound awesome - WOW!
Listening on headphones the definition and nuances of the instruments arrangement in the mix is amazingly beautiful.

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Noel, you've excelled once again.

The one thing that stood out was the fantastic way you created the build throughout the song.

Sensational lyrics, with perfect balance, all bundled and delivered with an amazing melody.

I really enjoyed this.

Trev

Hi Trev,

Thanks for having a listen. I think luck was on my side when I arranged this. As I said to floyd, I found three four-leaf clovers pretty soon after I started putting this together. As the Irish will tell you, one should never underestimate four-leaf-clover power! It works in mysterious ways.

Appreciate the comments. It's always good to know that I'm heading in the right direction.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Very nicely realised, Noel. Luscious arrangement with everything in its place and a nice build. Loved it!

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Noel !

What a beautiful tune
you´ve written again !
Made me wanting to join you
on the second voice !!!!!

Cheers
Dani

Hi Dani,

Thank you! You know, you're ALWAYS welcome to join in and sing second voice! Thank you for having a listen.

All the best to you from the southern hemisphere!
Noel

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Noel, I'm glad that this one didn't get past me as I am late to listen as usual.

I think that this is you at your best! I love your vocal, lyrics and backing tracks, especially the strings, and it was all mixed perfectly.

This is a keeper.

Thanks, Mario. I appreciate your thumbs up. Sometimes, not too often, the stars align when putting a song together. Maybe that's what happened here!

Best regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
Noel,
I thought I had commented on this masterpiece, blush
All has already been said about the song, beautiful.

I read in another post how you adjusted the vocal track using volume nodes, flipping heck how long does that take you if the example you used is done on the whole vocal track? It is well worth it tho' because the vocal track is perfect.
I do the same but to a considerably lesser extent so will have a go Noel-style on my next song.

Well done again!!

Alyn

Hey Alyn,

It's great to see you.

Ahh... you read that post...

I'm really slow when I mix a song. It usually takes between 1 and 2 weeks. Most of that time is spent tweaking my vocals. I see myself as being on the minus side of average when it comes to singing and so I do a few things to try and rectify that. In order of processing, the below list outlines what I do.

1. record multiple takes back to back by using looped recording in Reaper (usually eight takes)
  2. assemble a comp'd vocal track by selecting the best phrases and parts of phrases from those takes
  3. using Reaper's plugin 'ReaTune', I manually adjust any note that's noticeably out of tune
  4. use a suitable preset in iZotope's Nectar to add any or all of the following: eq, compression, reverb, delay, de-ess, saturation (what I use is determined by the flavour of the song's backing and I manually tweak this preset as needed)
  5. in Reaper, I slice the vocal track into short phrases and, using 'take volume' envelopes, I adjust the volume of syllables so that they align with spoken syllable strength wherever required
  6. once I get the comp'd vocal to sound as good as possible, I then use a volume envelope on the whole vocal track to adjust the volume of sections so that they balance against the mix

Because my ears tire after about the first 30 minutes of mixing, even though I might spend two hours on the track, I always come back to the track the following day and fine tune what I did the previous day.

Thank you for taking the time to listen. I really appreciate your comments.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
The song is gorgeous Noel! All the tweaks that you've done plus the audiophile tracks arrangement on this sound awesome - WOW!
Listening on headphones the definition and nuances of the instruments arrangement in the mix is amazingly beautiful.

Hi Josie,

I really appreciate your visit and your comments. Thank you! You made my day smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matcham
Very nicely realised, Noel. Luscious arrangement with everything in its place and a nice build. Loved it!

Thanks Matcham. Appreciate it.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Noel...this is seriously great. I love your voice and your delivery. To me this song sounds like it could be from a movie soundtrack. I saw your comment about using Brent Mason for the break, did you play on this also?

This is one of those songs that stays in your head after you hear it. I'm extremely impressed. Excellent job.

Bob Buford cool

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,654
Posts735,476
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 175