Topic is locked
Topic Options
Index
#384276 - 12/16/16 12:41 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Band-in-a-Box 2017 Build 454 Update (Dec 16)
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017

Download the Band-in-a-Box 2017 Build 454 update

Summary of changes for Build 454 (since 453) (Dec 16, 2016):

• Fixed: Problems saving custom toolbar configuration on some systems.
  • Fixed: Opening the Lead Sheet, moveable PianoRoll, or moveable Notation Window would cause the Audio Edit window to close.
  • Improved: Popup menus will open aligned to the button that opens them, instead of at the current mouse position.
  • Fixed: The Freeze and Simple popup menus did not display customized or auto-generated track names.
  • Fixed: The "101 Essential Riffs and Phrases" buttons in the Practice window would not open a song when chosen.
  • Fixed: Turning off MME "Output always on" would not take effect until exiting Band-in-a-Box.
  • Fixed: "C13#11", "C13#5#9#11", and "C13sus#5#9#11" were each list twice in the chord builder.
  • Added: "C13#5#9" and "C13sus#5#9" are new supported chords for Band-in-a-Box.
  • Fixed: Drag and drop from the drums track would not work if the track contained a RealTrack, and "Use VSTi/DXi Synth" is disabled in the MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup dialog.
  • Improved: If attempting to drag and drop onto the drop station, the [WAV], [M4A], and [WMA] quadrants might higlight red if the
  • render cannot be done. A flash message explaining why will be displayed if the mouse is released over the quadrant.
  • Fixed: "Select Hi-Q MIDI Synth Patch" was not an available menu item for the Drums track.
  • Fixed: When choosing "Select Hi-Q MIDI Synth Patch" a warning flash message would be displayed if SampleTank is not installed.
  • Improved: The Hi-Q selection dialog is resizable.
  • Improved: The Hi-Q selection dialog can exclude keywords (anything starting with ! is excluded).
  • Fixed: After done editing text in the Bar Lyrics layer, the Section Text layer, or editing a chord (eg using CTRL+F2), the application would lose focus and not allow chord entry. This might also cause a "ding!" to be heard.
  • Fixed: The width/height of print preview and save to jpg is preserved, and ratio checkbox added.
  • Fixed: The bar numbers are now drawn below the staff in the case of printout or LS displaying a single clef bass track.
  • Updated: Help files and manuals.
  • Added: New Features button to the toolbars.
  • Fixed: Spurious 'rebuild' message each time StylePicker is opened in RealBand.

Summary of changes for Build 453 (since 452) (Dec 5, 2016):

• Fixed: A full install with all available Band-in-a-Box content was showing a few Styles/Drums missing in the StylePicker.
  • Fixed: The styles M_CTRYSM.STY and M_CTRYSW.STY were producing error messages related to guitar macros for some customers.
  • Fixed: Style filter to show 2017 styles was showing 2016 styles.
  • Fixed: Any track with RealDrums, other than the Drums track, would be labeled "Loop".
  • Fixed: BeStPlain Chord Symbols font was not using various dedicated chord symbols (eg. C7b9) on the chord sheet.
  • Fixed: BeStPlain Chord Symbols font was using various unwanted dedicated minor chord symbols (eg. Cmi7 instead of C-7) on the chord sheet.
  • Fixed: Clicking on the chord sheet when a popup menu was open could cause undesired cell selection.
  • Fixed: The dedicated [Open] button (mini-mode only) would open a popup menu instead of directly going to the file-open dialog.
  • Fixed: The dedicated [Save As] button (mini-mode only) would open a popup menu instead of directly going to the file-save-as dialog.
  • Fixed: When "Superscript chord extensions" was set to "auto", the entire bar would be superscripted whenever there were chords on consecutive beats, instead of treating each chord individually.
  • Fixed: The New Features button would open the wrong popup menu.
  • Fixed: Using the Options menu to Return To Factory Settings would cause the Custom panel to have no buttons in it.
  • Fixed: If the Custom panel button order is corrupted in anyway, it will be automatically detected and reset to defaults.
  • Fixed: If running the program in any language other than English, and a language patch was never installed, all of the main screen buttons would be blank.
  • Fixed: Sforzando was not automatically added to the plugin list, so loading Hi-Q patches would not work unless the user previously added the .DLL to the list manually.
  • Fixed: Error message removed "Track. Error in style, you need to Set StyleMaker-MISC-Guitar Macros Enable=true".
    Improved: Forced accidental entry and note type entry (normal, invisible, bend, etc.) both now use listboxes, so no pull down is required, and also now has a checkbox for making a bend displayed in notation window as quarter step below the target note.
  • Fixed: Notes at very start of a row in note roll were not visible.
  • Fixed: Wider than normal beat lines in note roll.
  • Updated: 2017 Help file updates.

Summary of changes for Build 452 (since 451) (Dec 2, 2016):

• Fixed: If running the program in any language other than English, most of the main screen buttons were displaying in English. New buttons, and a few that have been altered will remain in English until official localized patches are ready.
  • Fixed: Using "L" in the chord sheet to loop bars was not working.
  • Fixed: "Separate files for each track" in the drop+ dialog did not work.
  • Fixed: After a drag and drop, the Audio track would appear to be muted even though it was not.
  • Fixed: The playback bar would not show the current bar.
  • Fixed: Clicking on playback bar would not select the current bar.
  • Fixed: The playback bar displayed some messy looking vertical lines.
  • Fixed: The 2017 upgrade manual was sometimes not found.
  • Fixed: The menu item "Help > Newest Features" was not opening the right help page.
  • Fixed: The menu item "Help > Help Topics > Tutorial Using the New Features of Version 2016" was not opening the right help page, and should say "2017".
  • Fixed: The menu item "Help > Help Topics > Tutorial #28: Using Redesigned StylePicker, Customizable Chord Sheet, and
  • more" was missing.
  • Fixed: The help button in the Song Titles Browser dialog was not opening the right help page.
  • Fixed: The help button in the Create Multi-Drums dialog was not opening the right help page.
  • Fixed: The help button in the BeStPlain Chord Font dialog was not opening the right help page.
  • Updated: Help file, and pdf manuals.

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (12/20/16 10:12 AM)

#384280 - 12/16/16 12:55 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box 2017 Build 454 Update (Dec 16) [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Thanks, Andrew. Lots of good stuff here.
BIAB 2017 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools

Are you a Pro Tools user? Have you seen our video, Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools?

Watch it now to learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity: Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools

YouTube Find - My First Backing Track, First YouTube Video

We love that YouTube user Rick Mccann posted a video playing along with his first backing track using Band-in-a-Box!

Watch - First YouTube Video

What a great job - hopefully we see more from Rick!

User Tip - Differences Between the 'Regular' and Audiophile Version... #TipTuesday

Long time program user and forum member Matt Finley had shared his tip regarding the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box earlier this year, and it's still valid today!

If you've ever wondered what the difference between the 'regular version' of Band-in-a-Box and the Audiophile version, make sure you read through his forum post: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version - it's well written, and always great to hear about the program from fellow users!

The Audiophile Version includes the entire contents of the EverythingPAK and adds the uncompressed WAV or AIFF files for all the included RealTracks & RealDrums! Learn more about the Audiophile version: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.audiophile.htm

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Wow!

There are so many ways to get in touch with people these days... phone, email, social networking, etc.... so of course we hear more feedback from program users these days!
...and here's what they're saying:

"I discovered Band in a Box about a year ago. I hesitated several times before purchasing it as I couldn't quite believe it was going to be as good as the hype. I eventually relented and I can honestly say, it's an incredible program and does some amazing things. As a songwriter, it's an indispensable tool and I can't imagine not having it."
-Vince C.

"I bought the first band in a box for my Atari 1040 ST and I used it for at least 10 years before upgrading to a Windows computer. After real drums, and then real tracks, came out I have upgraded every December since. The program is absolutely inspired and inspirational."
-Kirk O.

"Not everyone can find or afford real musicians to assist them when writing songs - and if working from home, as many songwriters do, there might not be room for them. Band In A Box does the next best thing and takes recordings of real musicians performing, then makes the material available pretty much in real time, in a form that adapts to your own composition by following the chord sequences. Hard to explain simply, but fairly amazing in practice."
-Steve C.

"Great tool for musicians - and the drummer keeps a steady beat!!"
-Maurice A.

"Great for learning new songs. I was weak on country rock songs and with the combination of using Riffstation and BIAB I am able to creat my own backup track for live performance and practicing songs with easier chording... Thanks PG!"
-Laurent C.

"I have it since 2001, use it all the time, great program!"
-John F.

"Thank you Band in a Box. I am a songwriter, and don't play several instruments, so I love being able to wear 2 hats and write and produce, and then later record vocals... You have probably saved me months/years on my project. Excellent tool. Thanks again!"
-Randy A.

"Didn't think I would ever go down that road but got roped into it by another muso friend, bought it and now loving it!"
-Fred P.

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Blog - How I Am Using Band-in-a-Box to Learn to Play by Ear

Check out Joanne Cooper's October blog post: How I am using Band-in-a-Box to learn to play by ear!

Thank you for sharing this Joanne!

Woodshedding with Band-in-a-Box® #TrainYourBrainDay

Don't let the Woodshedding feature in Band-in-a-Box® pass you by - it's a great way to hone your musical skills! The Woodshedding feature within Band-in-a-Box is easily accessed within the Practice toolbar of the program. Change the settings to fit your needs... the idea is that you start off with a slow tempo, playing the part perfectly, and keep this up as the song tempo increases - what a great way to learn!

We added 12-Key "Woodshedding" RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2017! These have been recording in all 12 keys, so you can see what a pro would play over an Ab chord, and you won't see them play on a G transposed up to an Ab, and carefully transcribed notation, with correct bend/hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides...

We have made some of these for country guitar (Brent Mason), piano (Mike Rojas), and pedal steel (Eddy Dunlap) with RealTracks Set 254!

We even have a Woodshedding - Learning to Play! Forum where you can post anything to do with learning to play any musical instrument (including vocals)!

#TBT - YouTube Find: Band-in-a-Box, Complex Numbers (Math with Marty!)

Learn a little history about Band-in-a-Box and Peter Gannon when you check out this blast-from-the-past YouTube video: Band-in-a-Box, Complex Numbers.

What a great find!

Forum Stats
26488 Members
50 Forums
47871 Topics
390762 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Hippy Jim, haigashod, Claudio Goldfarb, Rantis, gregg_2211

26488 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 164