You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#385776 - 12/22/16 04:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements
Jareth - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi all,

This video highlights some of the great new mixer enhancements and the fully-featured floating mixer in Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows.

Important note: this new floating mixer was added in 2017 build 455 (which is available dec 22 8pm est ) from the support page here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

You can find the video here:
Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows - Mixer Enhancements

And here is an index:
Basic Functionality
Soloing Enhancements
Muting Enhancements
Mixer Piano Enhancements
Floating Mixer Resizing

If you're interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows, you can find our pricing chart here:
Purchase Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows

Jareth

Edited by Jareth - PG Music (12/23/16 03:22 PM)

#385782 - 12/22/16 04:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
roslon Offline
Enthusiast

Nice

#386106 - 12/24/16 08:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: roslon]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
The new floating mixer is fantastic - well done.

One final request that I have posted on wishlist is to make the master Volume control work with an external synth instead of just RT's and Vst/DXi. Balancing BIAB and my keyboard volume is a continuing challenge and since I use an external synth, I cannot use this control unless the style has no MIDI tracks. There must be lots of other users in this situation.

Thanks
Tony

#386110 - 12/24/16 08:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
MikeK Offline
Expert

Loc: Buford, GA
Very cool!!!

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2017

#386615 - 12/27/16 09:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

OK
I wrongly questioned the usefulness (at least for me) of the new interface in another forum place (so I have to rewrite it there) :
in short, I have no problems with the 456 update, except that I personally prefer to keep the previous GUI : 1 fixed mixer + another 1 that could be docked, moved, or made appear/disappear at will. Hence my question : is it possible to keep this feature with 456 or should I definitely stick to 454 build ?
Secondly, and more important : 5 latin styles from RT264 are tagged as N/A in stylepicker (and aren't there indeed), despite re-installs. Am I the only one to face this ?
thanx for help

#386622 - 12/27/16 10:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

>>> Hence my question : is it possible to keep this feature with 456 or should I definitely stick to 454 build ?

In the "full toolbar mode" with the big toolbar, you can either have a floating mixer or a fixed mixer. Ctrl-Shift-M hotkey toggles between them (As does pressing the button in the top right of the mixer)

In the new "small toolbar mode" you can either have a floating mixer or no mixer. (Ctrl-Shift-M toggles that).

So Ctrl-Shift-M hotkey toggles the mixer views and Ctrl-T switches between full toolbar and small toolbar. There also buttons to do that, and menu items too.

It is not possible to have two full sized mixers on the screen at once. This is the same as many (possible all) other windows, in BBW. For example, you can't have two notation windows at once (floating or fixed - not both). Or two guitars, two chordsheet windows etc. etc.

#386638 - 12/27/16 11:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

I completely understand the benefits to avoid the redondance of 2 similar mixer windows with this update: for its true practical usefulness, I'll wait and see...
The second issue (missing styles) is more frustrating, first of all with an update supposed to "fix" issues. I'm still waiting for support team feedback...
Mo.

#386640 - 12/27/16 11:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Moshe13us]
RichardWilliams Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hi Mo,

You could try re-downloading realtracks264-266.exe.

A few days ago I clicked "Show ONLY N/A (not found) Styles" in the Stylepicker and came up with 13 styles from the 2017 release (including 5 from set 264) plus a further 18 midi supertrack styles. The puzzling thing was that when I checked, I had all the realtracks and MIDI supertracks that were included in these styles.

I had installed the realtracks_dec2016_patch and these styles were still listed as "n/a".

I bought and downloaded all the files on 1 December. I decided to re-download the four new realtracks sets plus the 2017_49pak.exe. When I did so I discovered that the realtracks sets were dated 8 December and were considerably larger than the original ones I had downloaded previously. The new 2017_49pak.exe was dated 6 December. After I reinstalled the realtrack sets the realtrack styles were no longer listed as "n/a" and reinstalling the 49pak corrected the missing MIDI supertracks.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

#386663 - 12/27/16 01:40 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

Richard, you're right, I'll follow your advice :
- re-download + reinstall RT set 264-266
- same story for 2017_49pak.exe
Maybe it could be linked to the use of a download manager, which happens to miss some bytes of the exe ?? (explanation not certified...)
Most puzzling is that, even though the 5 styles tagged as N/A by stylepicker,(for info: _BRASLIA.STY.
_CERTEZA.STY
_FLAUTA.STY
_MELODIA.STY
_SURDINA.STY.
each drums/instruments parts of these styles are actually available (as if it were an issue of just 5 missing files)...
I'll let u know what's going on
Anyway, have a great 2017 full of health and good music...
Mo.

#386676 - 12/27/16 02:17 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

I just downloaded the RT 264-266 set : you were perfectly right :
1st download 12.03.16 = 700.265 Ko
2st download (today) = 700.764 Ko
As for the 2017_49pak.exe :
1st download 12.02.16: 1.270.284 Ko
Today = 1.302.442 Ko

Bottom Line : I owe you a bottle of good wine (or whatever you wish)...
I'm currently doing the same for other files now !
Richard For President !!!

#388065 - 01/03/17 03:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
BishopJD Offline

Loc: East Tennessee
I just upgraded from BIAB 2010 to 2017 for Windows and I love the idea of the floating mixer, however, for some reason when I choose the floating mixer it doesn't look like the mixer in the video. There is a patch button and volume button, and so, on in the floating mixer window.......but no mixer button...no meters...What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

#388104 - 01/03/17 07:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Have you updated to the latest BIAB 2017 update patch?

PC: Win10Pro-64
Laptop: Win7Pro-64
Both: 8GB RAM + Dual 7200RPM Drives + FastTrack Pro
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale
Noteworthy Composer/Kontakt Ultimate/Casio Kbds
Halion/Garritan/IK Multimedia
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#388201 - 01/03/17 01:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: jford]
BishopJD Offline

Loc: East Tennessee
Got it. I thought I was running the latest update because I had ran the updater from within BIAB but I actually had to go to the website and download the update. Now it is functioning properly and I love the floating mixer. Thanks for the help. Peace.

#390757 - 01/16/17 01:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: BishopJD]
Beachboy Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Australia
Looks like some feel the enhancements need a bit of a tweak.
Wishlist for Combo Slider

#392771 - 01/27/17 07:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Beachboy]
Beachboy Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Australia
lol - Discovered today that if you hold the SHIFT Key and adjust any volume slider it does what the old floating mixer Combo did (Adjusts levels Mix intact).
CTRL drag moves all sliders to same levels.

PG Music News
Our Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Special is Almost Over!

Time is running out! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac special ENDS ON MAY 31, 2017!

Purchase before then for Bonus PAKs and special pricing - up to 50% off Upgrade purchases!

Every Band-in-a-Box for Mac package* purchased during our special comes with a FREE Bonus PAK, which includes:

4 MIDI SuperTracks:
Accordion, Rhythm GypsyJazzCompCory Sw 220
Piano, Rhythm SoulJazzMike Ev 130
Piano, Rhythm BluesShuffleMike Sw 130
Organ, Rhythm BluesShuffleMike Sw 130

4 Instrumental Studies:
Bass, Electric\Funk\Soul Funk, Sw 120
Guitar, Electric\Blues and Rock\Punk Rock Soloist, Ev 165
Guitar, Acoustic\Folk\2-part Fingerpicking, Ev16 075
Piano, Acoustic\Country\Bent Note Rhythm, Sw 110

You can also choose to Upgrade to the Bonus 49-PAK for just $49 and get ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 18 Instrumental Studies, 30 MIDI SuperTracks, and 59 Re-discovered RealStyles & MIDI SuperTracks.
(These 49-PAK add-ons are not included in any other package.)

Learn more about the Bonus PAK and 49-PAK at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2017.htm.

Find your Band-in-a-Box Upgrade package here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

*Note: The $49 Pro Upgrade does not include the Bonus PAK.

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Build 175 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac customers can install the latest patch update (Build 286) here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2017_175

Summary of changes:
Added: The RealTracks Settings dialog now has a choice of low/medium/high for Elastique stretching quality, instead of just high quality on or off (high quality disabled meant medium).
Fixed: The "Select Hi-Q MIDI Patch Plugin" menu item should be available to the Melody, Soloist, and Thru tracks.
Fixed: Audio Unit plugins would be erased from the exclude list while booting up Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Plugins on the Thru track should not be removed when loading a style or song.
Fixed: Sforzando and Amplitube should not be listed in the Plugins dialog unless they are installed.
Fixed: Keyboard input might stop working after using the Preferences dialog.
Fixed: Clicking on a mixer piano would send the event to the default synth, rather than the plugin on that track.
Fixed: Options > Return to Factory Settings... would cause various problems (eg. the chord sheet would be squished to the left)

Get Inspired with Band-in-a-Box® Radio!

Are you new to Band-in-a-Box and interested in hearing what other program users are creating with the program? Visit our Band-in-a-Box® Radio page! www.pgmusic.com/bbradio.htm

Here you can shuffle through all of the User Showcase songs that are shared on SoundCloud without ever leaving our website. Categories include: Recent, Featured, Country & Folk (1, 2), Jazz (1, 2), Rock & Pop (1, 2), and Song Requests.

Like what you hear? Each song playing includes a link to the original forum post, so you can leave a comment if you'd like! Found an artist you want to hear more from? There is also an option to visit the Artist SoundCloud page!

Want to share your own Band-in-a-Box creations? Make sure to post them to our User Showcase Forum!

Time is Running Out! Act Now for Special Pricing for the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand!

We're offering all three volumes of the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand! for the special price of $29 - Offer Ends May 31st! (reg: $49)

Watch the trailer...

Quinn has not only mastered Celtic guitar (he did so at a very young age), he is also an expert on jazz and gypsy guitar! Quinn is a great teacher, and knows all the theory and terminology to describe what he is teaching. These videos included in the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series are highly recommended. There are 3 volumes, each one hour long ($19 per volume). Quinn cover techniques, chord theory, voicings and walks you through 17 "must-know" tunes. This is for the intermediate-advanced guitarist, and covers Celtic guitar styles (some folk and old-time covered as well).

Learn more & order it for Mac here.

Learn more & order it for Windows here.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac 49-PAK

Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac purchase to receive ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 18 Instrumental Studies, 30 MIDI SuperTracks, and 59 Re-discovered RealStyles & MIDI SuperTracks for just $49!

Listen to the Demo files for the Bonus RealTracks, and learn more about the MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, and Rediscovered RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks when you visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2017.htm

Attention Mac Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Audiophile Customers! If you purchase your 49-PAK at the same time as your Audiophile Upgrade purchase, we'll make sure you receive the AIFF files for the 24 additional RealTracks pre-installed to the Audiophile hard drive!

Video - Vonus 49-PAK Overview

YouTube Find - Morning Morning, Featuring Band-in-a-Box®!

YouTube user harddaysnite recently shared an original tune created using Band-in-a-Box®... and it sounds INCREDIBLE!

YouTube Video - Morning Morning

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac - Special Upgrade Pricing Until May 31, 2017!

On April 20 we released Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac with over 80 new features, 202 New RealTracks, and more!

To celebrate this release, we are offering special pricing on Upgrade packages (up to 50% off!) until May 31st!

Find the upgrade package for you when you visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Forum Stats
26015 Members
49 Forums
45860 Topics
372774 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
noise1010, ASG, MFP, Sometime, lisacrouch

26014 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 238
Al-David 205