Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#389028 - 01/07/17 10:36 PM [User Showcase] The Bamboo Flute Song
Robertkc Offline
Journeyman

The Bamboo Flute Song

There were a couple of terrific songs about musical instruments posted last year - those songs plus my gardener`s affection for bamboo in all its forms inspired this.I tried to find real Shakuhachi flute recordings to loop but it didn`t quite work- the synth here comes quite close to the true sound at times.

Key=D , Tempo 82, Length (m:s)=4:20
8 bar intro, 77 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 85. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 167 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _MEADOWS.STY (Meadows Piano Pop with Brushes)

RealTracks in style: 1767:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 085
RealTracks in style: 664:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (A:fpick)
RealTracks in style: 665:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (B:Strum)
RealTracks in song: 2328:Shakuhachi, Synth, Background NewAge Ev 110
RealDrums in style: BrushesFolk16ths: a: Brushes b: Brushes Tap
percussion & nature sound loops

The Bamboo Flute Song

everything is music
in the grove that I`m cut from
the chatter of cicadas
the sigh of wind my maker`s hum

I don`t know why he chose me
my stem leaned o`er his daughter`s grave
but these words he said filled me
as he carved where she once played

six holes I will give you
where the spirits come and go
and another that`s hard to reach
but those who hear that note will know

to all the world
she was only one
blade of grass
my sweet girl
to me she was all the world

so many have played me
since I fell from his trembling hand
healers and charmers took me far
from the forest where his daughter danced

I played `til I`m broken open
marching young men to war
but one song I still sound quite clear
my maker breathed into my core

to all the world
she was only one
blade of grass
my sweet girl
to me she was all the world

© Robert Cordrey December, 2016

#389042 - 01/08/17 02:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Robertkc]
Mike. R. Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Cumbria - United Kingdom
Nice song. The bamboo flute sounds good.

Win 10 - Intel2 quad core / 8Gb Ram
Audiophile 24/96
BAIB / RB 2017 UltraPlus Pak For Windows
FLStudio 12

Gibson LP Studio
Fender Mn Telecaster
Gretsch Alligator

#389048 - 01/08/17 05:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Robertkc]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Robert !

What a beautiful song
so well performed and
mixed ! Enjoyed it
truly much !:))

Cheers
Dani

#389060 - 01/08/17 05:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Robertkc]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Robert,

Excellent song! This has a Daniel Lanois vibe and feel to me - great job!

Bob

#389064 - 01/08/17 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Robertkc]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Cool song, Robert. A very interesting write - and very well done.
Good lines throughout.

Nice arrangement. Nice build. Well sung and I like the vocal processing.

Really well done. Enjoyed this.

floyd

#389068 - 01/08/17 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Robertkc]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Very mellow. Nice mix and arrangement. I have a friend who makes flutes, I'm sure he will enjoy listening to your song. I enjoyed listening to it.

Charlie

#389188 - 01/08/17 04:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Mike. R.]
Robertkc Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Mike. R.
Nice song. The bamboo flute sounds good.

Thanks Mike,
yes there`s a nice tone to the flute... almost like the real deal.

Robert

#389190 - 01/08/17 04:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: dani48]
Robertkc Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Robert !

What a beautiful song
so well performed and
mixed ! Enjoyed it
truly much !:))

Cheers
Dani

Dani,
I`m happy you liked it - thanks for your kind comments. I spent more time on the mix than usual - one of the improvements I aim to make this year.

Robert

Robert

#389191 - 01/08/17 04:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Robertkc]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Perfect instrumentation for this song. Your vocals were super also. Great mix.

64 bit Win 10 - the latest BiaB and RB - I always get the updates - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#389193 - 01/08/17 04:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: rsdean]
Robertkc Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Robert,

Excellent song! This has a Daniel Lanois vibe and feel to me - great job!

Bob

Bob,
Wow, that`s a big compliment - I really like the vibe Daniel Lanois brought to his projects.
Many thanks,

Robert

#389196 - 01/08/17 05:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Cool song, Robert. A very interesting write - and very well done.
Good lines throughout.

Nice arrangement. Nice build. Well sung and I like the vocal processing.

Really well done. Enjoyed this.

floyd

Floyd,
I found this song took many revisions on the lyrics - many pages on the floor- so I`m glad you liked them.
I`ve not tried the delay vocal effect before... thank goodness for presets which make such things easy!

Robert

#389363 - 01/09/17 05:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Robertkc Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Very mellow. Nice mix and arrangement. I have a friend who makes flutes, I'm sure he will enjoy listening to your song. I enjoyed listening to it.

Charlie

Thanks for your listen Charlie -bet your friend`s flutes all have their own personalities too!

Robert

#389364 - 01/09/17 05:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: MarioD]
Robertkc Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Perfect instrumentation for this song. Your vocals were super also. Great mix.

Mario,
That`s very kind, I`m really glad you enjoyed it.
First try on a new microphone, so thanks for mentioning the vocals.

Robert

#389440 - 01/10/17 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: Robertkc]
44kfl Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Great write! I love this different point of view or perspective song.
Beautiful backing, nice harmony.
You've penned a nice one.
sir-katas or sir-caters in the South here.

Kenny

#389477 - 01/10/17 10:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Bamboo Flute Song [Re: 44kfl]
Robertkc Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Great write! I love this different point of view or perspective song.
Beautiful backing, nice harmony.
You've penned a nice one.
sir-katas or sir-caters in the South here.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny!
I guess these must be si-kahdas of the English variety (those Brits- maybe they needed a word to rhyme with "armada"?)

Robert

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 in Italiano!

Abbiamo lavorato sodo e abbiamo aggiunto nuove funzioni e una sorprendente collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Studi Strumentali, RealTracks a 12-Tonalità, Notazione di Chitarra Hi-Q, Stili Riscoperti RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks, un nuovo sintetizzatore (sforzando), e oltre 120 nuovi RealStyles!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=win&lang=it

User Tips - How to Create an Instrumental Melody Line that Follows the Vocal Using Band-in-a-Box®

Forum User Joanne Cooper has an excellent blog on her website, www.joannecooper.co.za/home - including her latest post: How to create an instrumental melody line that follows the vocal using Band-in-a-Box and Melodyne!

Joanne's instructions are easy to follow along with - click here to read the blog post.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Patch Update 152 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac users can download this free patch update here.

Included in the update:
Fixed: Audio could not be pasted beyond the end of the existing audio data.
Fixed: Audio importing would fail.
Improved: If making a tempo map after using the Audio Chord Wizard, and the current style has a different time signature, you will be asked to choose a different style. If possible, you can choose to keep the current style, but the time signature of each bar will be set for you.
Fixed: Automatic updates were not working.
Fixed: Some VST plugins' GUI window would not close properly, and leave a ghost window on the screen (eg. the Expand!2 plugin).
Fixed: The Expand!2 plugin would cause all menus in Band-in-a-Box to stop responding.
Changed: The new hot key for opening the Record MIDI dialog has been changed to control+R.
Fixed: The "Piano, Acoustic, Bright Grand Sforzando" patch was missing from the Hi-Q list.
Fixed: "Could not load Hi-Q patch." would show if trying to load the "Organ, Electric, Rock Sforzando" patch.
Fixed: "Could not load Hi-Q patch." would show if trying to load the "Organ, Electric, Jazz Sforzando" patch.
Fixed: Clicking on the Guitar window would show notes on the Melody mixer piano instead of the Thru mixer piano.
Fixed: VST plugins that have been uninstalled should not appear in the plugin list.
Improved: Plugins can be chosen by double-clicking on them in the list, instead of having to hit [Return] or clicking [OK].
Fixed: In the Japanese version, when opening the Email dialog, you would be asked to save the song even though it was already saved.
Fixed: In the Japanese version, attaching a rendered song to an email would produce a rendered file with garbage text in the title, and it would not be attached to the email.
Fixed: In the Japanese version, a song with an audio track would not give the option to attach the audio file.

RealBand 2017 Patch Update (Build 4) Available!

RealBand 2017 Users can download this free patch update here.

Included in the update:
Fixed - Program title was changed to 'file converter' if a conversion needed to be done such as after recording (this affected the title shown when alt-tabbing or hovering over the icon on the task bar, etc.).
Fixed - Spurious warning about rebuilding style picker when not needed has been removed.
Fixed - FX button now correctly turns blue if MIDI track is actually using a VSTi or DXi synth.
Fixed - the choose note dialog in Notation Window had garbled text.
Fixed - saving to XML would result in the timing being wrong, if the song's PPQ was not 120.
Fixed - when drawing a slur in the situation of notes being extremely close together, program could potentially slow down or freeze.
Fixed - a few miscellaneous minor localization and help-topic link issues

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows Patch Update 459 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows users can download this free patch update here.

Included in the update:
Fixed: Audio Edit window was not displaying lines for audio stretching features (bug introduced in build 458).
Fixed: Clicking on the Mixer piano (Thru track) does not display notes on the Guitar or Big Piano windows.
Fixed: The select bar dialog would conflict with keyboard input.
Fixed: Email Song dialog would not show options to attach Artist Performance Tracks if they were WMA files.
Fixed: Hitting the [\] key (forward slash) while in the notation window would crash Band-in-a-Box with the "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with "Not enough timers available" error.
Fixed: The RealTracks picker might freeze if using a custom RealTracks folder location, and this folder does not exist (eg. an external hard drive is not connected, or re-connected with a different drive letter).
Fixed: If using Windows 10, holding down the mouse anywhere in the chord sheet window and scrolling the mouse wheel would cause Band-in-a-Box to immediately crash.
Fixed: When saving MusicXML files, slurs would be rejected by other programs that opened the files.
Fixed: After performing a drag and drop, the previous state of soloed tracks was not restored.
Fixed: Drag and drop of audio track would render Bass track instead.
Fixed: When using multiple monitors, some popup windows would be forced onto the primary monitor (eg. changing song title, changing track label).
Fixed: When using multiple monitors, Band-in-a-Box would not properly open to the previous size, position, and maximized state.
Fixed: Previewing chords in the chord sheet (Shift+Enter) or using the chord builder would eventually stop playing all the notes in the chord if using the "always on" setting for the audio driver (MME or ASIO).
Fixed: Splash screen was missing if running program in any language other than English.
Improved: Shots and Holds for Direct Input RealTracks can be assigned unique Holds library numbers, and unique decibel offsets.
Fixed: If using a 3/4 style, Band-in-a-Box would switch to the ZZJAZZ style (4/4) when launching the Audio Chord Wizard. This would cause an incorrect tempo map to be made afterwards.
Improved: If making a tempo map after using the Audio Chord Wizard, and the current style has a different time signature, you will be asked to choose a different style. If possible, you can choose to keep the current style, but the time signature of each bar will be set for you.
Fixed: Automatic updates were sometimes not working
Fixed: Rendered WAV files would not be acidized if the option to normalize was enabled.
Added: Drums name is more descriptive in the drums panel of the mixer, e.g. saying "snare and high hat"instead of "snhh"

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Es gibt über 80 aufregende neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2017!
Die grafische Benutzeroberfläche des Hauptbildschirms (GUI) wurde neu gestaltet mit weniger Bildschirmplatzbedarf, konfigurierbare Toolbars, einem Interface mit Register, einem Fortschrittsbalken, und mehr.

Free Band-in-a-Box® Video Tutorials!

Get the most out of your Band-in-a-Box® experience when you add our Support Videos to your arsenal!

We have an extensive collection of Support videos for Band-in-a-Box® for Windows available on our YouTube Channel & www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm - make sure to check them out!

Looking for a tutorial video on a specific feature, and didn't see one listed? Send your suggestions to marketing@pgmusic.com.

Forum Stats
25631 Members
49 Forums
44235 Topics
357820 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
ele777, colsalter, Rob Grandia, Bill1945, smile70

25630 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 206
Guitarhacker 157