#393909 - 02/02/17 10:54 AM
[Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh]
Band-in-a-Box 2016 Build 150 Update (Feb 2)
PG Music Staff
Loc: Victoria, BC
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2016Download the Band-in-a-Box 2016 Build 150 update
---Note: If you don't already have Build 143 or higher (released Oct 13), there is also a plugins installer which you should download in addition to the new build.
Download the MIDI and Audio Plugins installer
---Summary of changes for build 150 (since build 146) (Feb 2, 2017):
Summary of changes for build 146 (since build 145) (Nov 1, 2016):
- Fixed: Some actions on the main screen respond very slowly when using macOS Sierra (10.12).
- Fixed: The Audio Edit window draws very slowly when using macOS Sierra (10.12).
- Fixed: The splash screen takes a long time to appear when using macOS Sierra (10.12).
- Fixed: The Bar Settings layer would appear if switching between editing any editable layers.
- Fixed: The "Normal" additional chords layer would not automatically open when booting up Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: If launching Display Options from the Preferences window, certain changes will be lost when clicking OK in the Preferences window.
- Fixed: If using some Audio Unit plugins (eg Kontakt 5), Band-in-a-Box will freeze when exiting.
- Fixed: Blank flash messages would appear when loading an XML file.
- Fixed: Flash messages would be stuck behind the Style Picker.
- Fixed: The Sinsy vocal generator did not work with Japanese lyrics.
- Fixed: MusicXML files that contained Japanese lyrics would import the lyrics as garbage text.
- Fixed: Coda symbols would not display properly in the Leadsheet window (whould display as "fl").
- Fixed: The OK button in the StylePicker was hard to read because it had white text on a gray background.
- Fixed: In the Vocal Synth dialog, choosing the first English vocalist would not work (the resulting audio file would just say "shhh" for every lyric).
- Fixed: Slow performance with tempo stretching.
- Fixed: Audio track would not be saved if song file name or path contained Japanese characters.
- Fixed: In the Vocal Synth dialog, the vocalist selection was not sent correctly to the www.sinsy.jp server (eg. choosing Matsuo-P would use Xiang-Lang).
- Fixed: After changing a track description, the new track description would not show on the mixer.
- Fixed: The audio device settings were not being saved between program sessions, so Band-in-a-Box would always use the "default device" for input and output.
- Fixed: When starting DAW Plugin Mode, the chord sheet window would not resize properly.
- Fixed: Some Audio Unit plugins would not display a proper GUI.
- Fixed: Window would disappear if resizing it to smaller than the minimum size.
- Fixed: Windows would not always resize properly when toggling full screen mode.
- Fixed: Audio Edit window was not displaying UserTracks markers.
Summary of changes for build 145 (since build 143) (Oct 13, 2016):
- Fixed: "Melody > Edit Melody Track > Transpose > Transpose Melody" always transposed the entire song, instead of letting user to choose a specific range.
- Fixed: "Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Transpose > Transpose Soloist" always transposed the entire song, instead of letting user to choose a specific range.
- Fixed: Bar-based section letters were not showing on the chord sheet.
- Fixed: Bar-based section letters were not displaying correctly in the lead sheet & notation windows.
- Fixed: Pedal bass was not displaying on chord sheet when PG Chords font was used (eg. "(P1)").
- Fixed: If a slash chord used a sharp or flat note, and pedal bass was used on the same chord, the accidental symbol would be missing (eg. "E/G#(P1)" displayed as "E/G(P1)").
- Fixed: Clicking on bar #255 in the chord sheet would cause Band-in-a-Box to crash.
- Improved: If a VST plugin fails to load, it will automatically be added to the exclude list so future plugin scans will not keep repeating the same error messages.
- Fixed: Opening some MusicXML files would cause Band-in-a-Box to crash.
- Updated: PDF Manuals.
Summary of changes for build 143 (since build 132) (Sept 28, 2016):
- Fixed: Possible crash when using some Audio Unit plugins (eg. Amplitube 3).
- Fixed: Some VST plugins might produce audio dropouts when rendering to disk.
- Fixed: Various chord symbols were not imported correctly from MusicXML files.
- Fixed: Various chord symbols were not exported correctly to MusicXML files.
- Fixed: Some VST windows would not close properly, leaving a plain white ghost window stuck on top of the screen.
- Fixed: Using the "PG Chords" font for chords in the Notation/Leadsheet windows would cause the chords to not display properly (eg. "Eb" displays as "E!").
- Improved: When trying to add a VST plugin that is not compatible with Band-in-a-Box, the error message will be specify whether the plugin is 64 bit or POWERPC.
- Added: Support for jBridge has been added. If you have jBridge installed, then you can load a 64bit VST plugin in Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: When "Use Jazz Music Font" is enabled in the Notation Options dialog, the clef symbol would not print properly.
- Fixed: The VU meters on the Mixer did not work for MIDI tracks.
- Fixed: If a song previously had an audio track, but the audio file no longer exists, the audio master base tempo was not reset.
- Fixed: Songs would save with the wrong audio master tempo.
- Fixed: Plugins would not reset when beginning playback or rendering (eg. an echo effect would continue from before).
- Fixed: When a song was in a sharp or flat key, it was not possible to enter slash chords if both root and slash were typed in Nashville Notation or Roman Numeral (eg. "1/5" or "i/v" or "1/v").
Summary of changes for build 132 (since Build 129) (Aug 3, 2016):
- Added: AU and VST plugins are now supported. There is a new Plugins tab on the Mixer window, that allows you to add/edit MIDI or audio plugins on each track. We include the Sforzando VST sample player, along with the PG Music HiQ Instruments.
- Added: HiQ instruments have been added. These are high quality MIDI sounds that make the MIDI tracks (both regular and MIDI SuperTracks) sound much better. You can audition and choose a HiQ patch for any track by control+clicking on the track --> "Select HiQ MIDI Patch".
- Added: Sforzando is a .sfz sample player made by Plogue that has been customized for Band-in-a-Box and is used to play the HiQ Instrument sounds.
- Added: We include AmpliTube, which is a VST Guitar Amp Simulator, and can be used effectively with the Direct Input RealTracks.
- Added: A Plugins Options dialog includes an option to scan for VST plugins on bootup and options for how plugin windows are opened, closed, and arranged on the screen. Plugins that are essential to Band-in-a-Box (eg the "Apple: DLSMusicDevice" or "Sforzando") are scanned for regardless of the "Scan for VST plugins on bootup" or "Scan for AU plugins on bootup" settings.
- Fixed: StylePicker Options dialog was stuck behind the StylePicker dialog.
- Fixed: Opening the lead sheet would cause Band-in-a-Box to crash if the current song had bar-based lyrics.
- Fixed: Rendering a video of the chordsheet would sometimes make a corrupt file (eg. no audio can be heard, and the playback is sporadic).
- Fixed: When "Display C9sus as C11", "Display 2 as sus2, or "Display sus as sus4 was enabled, it was not possible to enter the chord by typing or using the Chord Builder.
- Fixed: There were some inconsistencies in color between the mixer and track radio controls.
Summary of changes since Build 127 (June 20, 2016):
- Added: Support for Xtra Styles.
- Fixed: Half/Quarter Jazz Bass variations were not installed properly with some packages.
- Fixed: Crashes would sometimes occur when loading a new song if the Audio Edit window was open.
- Fixed: Killing the Audio track would not reset the audio master tempo.
- Fixed: StylePicker media player's play button would stop and quickly start again instead of pausing.
- Fixed: StylePicker media player would not stop immediately when closing the StylePicker.
- Fixed: Hitting [Cancel] in the Display Options dialog would cause a crash.
- Fixed: "Treble Clef" and "Bass Clef" settings in Lead Sheet Options would always be disabled after opening and closing Display Options
- Fixed: "Show Bar #s" setting in Lead Sheet Options would always be set to "None" after opening and closing Display Options.
- Fixed: "Vary Style in Middle Choruses" setting was being reversed when exiting the Song Settings dialog.
Summary of changes since Build 120 (May 11, 2016):
- Fixed: The Select Track dialog would get stuck behind the Load XML dialog.
- Fixed: Song memo did not show information about audio loops or UserTracks in song.
- Added: Additional Chord Display layer now has an option for "Normal" display.
- Fixed: Hitting TAB key while in the Notation Window would cause key input to stop working.
- Fixed: The chord sheet did not work properly with keyboard layouts other than US.
- Fixed: Command+w would close Notation Window, but not automatically switch to the chord sheet.
- Fixed: Control+Minus would not set the relative tempo to 50%.
- Added: "Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color.
- Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Faug' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
- Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Fadd2' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
- Added: Option to load the previous song or style "At program bootup..." added to Preferences.
- Fixed: It was not possible to select "1st/2nd/3rd" or "1st/2nd/3rd/4th" type endings in the repeats dialog.
- Fixed: Opening a song from the Finder would not automatically start playback.
- Fixed: The "Play when selected" option in the Song Picker had no effect.
- Fixed: If "Auto-open/close editable layers" is enabled, and a song with lyrics is opened from the Finder before Band-in-a-Box is open, the lyrics would not be loaded.
- Fixed: Diminished chords were recognized wrong when "Treat 'dim' chord as a diminished triad (Cdim5) instead of CDim7" setting was enabled. Entering a 'dim' or 'dim5' chord would result in a 'dim7' chord. Entering a 'dim7' chord would result in no chord.
- Fixed: Chord entry during playback was very slow.
- Fixed: 'MIDI QWERTY Keyboard Wizard' feature was not working.
- Added: "Play when chosen" option added to StylePicker.
- Fixed: BossaTerryClark variation 3 named incorrectly in RD Picker.
- Updated: 2016 full and upgrade PDF Manuals.
- Added: Save Song as MusicXML feature added.
- Fixed: StylePicker would crash if there were zero styles to display.
- Fixed: Splash screen background was white instead transparent.
- Fixed: Right-clicking on Master radio control would show a popup menu for the wrong track (for which ever radio control was selected previously).
- Fixed: Edit | Lyrics | Copy Lyrics to Clipboard did not do anything. This was previously for line-based lyrics, but now it opens a dialog with options for bar-based lyrics, note-based lyrics, and chords.
- Fixed: Edit | Lyrics | Move Lyrics Up/Down Row(s) to Clipboard did not do anything. This was previously for line-based lyrics, but now it works with bar-based lyrics.
- Fixed: The file type filter in the Video open dialog was not working properly.
- Fixed: The file type filter in the Audio import dialog was not working properly.
- Fixed: Crash on bootup (eg. crash reports regarding "ADDMENUITEM").
- Fixed: Crash on bootup when mouse wheel is used before chord sheet appears.
- Fixed: When Band-in-a-Box is not the active application, and there is a modal dialog open, clicking on the chord sheet to bring focus back to Band-in-a-Box would cause bar highlighting to begin.
- Fixed: Settings for hints ("Show Help Tags", "Dialog Help Tags", and "Display Delay") were not applying to hints in some dialogs such as the new StylePicker or Display Options.
- Fixed: Clicking on the Master radio control resets all panning and reverb on the mixer.
- Fixed: Control+Click on the number next to "ALL SONGS" in the mixer would cause Band-in-a-Box to crash.
- Fixed: Control+Click on the number next to "THIS SONG" in the mixer would cause strange behaviour with all of the panning controls.
- Fixed: Number-pad number keys did not work for chord entry.
- Fixed: Typing "style" into chord sheet opens a text edit box which a style name can be typed into, but the style is never found.
- Fixed: Typing "song" into chord sheet opens a text edit box which a song name can be typed into, but the song is never found.
- Fixed: Switching to DAW mode would not resize the Audio Edit window.
- Fixed: Flay from and Record from features did not show "Click on a Bar #" flash message.
- Fixed: MIDI chord detection was not working.
- Fixed: "Chord Display" button was too big and in the wrong position.
- Fixed: Some video help buttons were not working.
- Fixed: There was not option to erase all bar lyrics.
- Changed: Edit | Lyrics | "Blank Lyrics" changed to "Erase Bar-Based Lyrics".
- Fixed: Editing lyrics or section text in layers was not undoable.
- Fixed: Edit | Insert Measures would not shift bar lyrics or section text.
- Fixed: Edit | Delete Measures would not shift bar lyrics or section text.
- Fixed: Edit | Delete Measures would not shift repeats.
- Fixed: Clicking or double-clicking on a text layer to start editing would not place the cursor where the mouse clicked.
- Fixed: Some messages referred to the program "Notepad", but should say "TextEdit".
- Fixed: In the Overrides dialog, "Allow loading of any these settings" should say "Allow loading any of these settings".
- Fixed: The settings in the Overrides dialog would not be saved unless "Allow loading any of these settings" was not checked.
- Changed: The settings for importing line based lyrics were moved out of the "Allow Songs to load settings for:" section in the Overrides dialog.
- Added: More specific errors added to the Repeats dialog. If user is trying to add a second "Fine" type of repeat, they will get either error "Cannot have 2 Fine types. DC al Coda suggested." or "Cannot have 2 Fine types. DS al Coda suggested."
- Fixed: "DC al" on the chord sheet instead of "DS al" for a DS al Coda repeat.
- Fixed: "DC al Fine" on the chord sheet instead of "DS al Fine" for a DS al Fine repeat.
- Fixed: Some repeats were not allowed that should be, and showed the error "Error: Repeat conflicts with another repeat in the song.". Eg. a basic repeat should be allowed to overlap with a DC al Coda.
- Fixed: "Delete all repeats" was not undoable.
- Fixed: If opening the Repeats dialog, and clicking Close without creating a new repeat, there would be an option to "Undo Insert Repeat/Ending".
- Fixed: When playback starts from beginning of song, the chord sheet would not automatically scroll up to show bar 1.
- Fixed: Entering chords into the chord sheet was not undoable.
- Fixed: Deleting chords from the chord sheet was not undoable.
- Fixed: Play from and Record from features did not give user option to choose specific bar (played from current bar instead).
- Fixed: Notation window options did not have settings for picking bar lyrics font, and size percentage for lead sheet.
- Fixed: 'MIDI QWERTY Keyboard Wizard' feature was not working.
- Fixed: Some new menu items did not have hints.
- Fixed: Notation window keystrokes were not working when a flashmessage was visible.
- Fixed: Flashmessages would deactivate the chord sheet, and prevent chord entry (until user used ALT+TAB to reactivate the chord sheet).
- Fixed: It was not possible to enter chords, change part markers, etc. in the notation window.
- Fixed: Track names and/or patch names did not always show up on lead sheet and/or printout.
- Fixed: Issues with title, composer, style, and copyright font sizes on the lead sheet.
- Fixed: Printout of multiple tracks had the wrong font when drawing treble clef sign.
- Fixed: Sinsy dialog might open twice.
- Fixed: Section letters on chord sheet were not using the correct font.
- Fixed: StylePicker controls would not move according to window resize.
- Fixed: The MIDI Drivers window might get stuck behind the splash screen when running the program for the first time.
- Fixed: Jazz Chord Symbols ("PGChords") font might not work on the chord sheet.
- Fixed: StylePicker would sometimes not prompt to rebuild.
PG Music Inc.
Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Build 463 Available!
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows customers can install the latest patch update (Build 463) here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#463
Summary of changes for Version 2017 Build 463:
Added: In the PDF manual, clicking on the Bookmarks navigation pane, Table of Contents, or Index will jump to the corresponding page. (Note: To use the navigational elements, you need to open the PDF manual in Adobe Reader.)
Fixed: When associating file types with Band-in-a-Box, the user would get the success message "File types are now registered for songs..." when the process failed.
Fixed: When unassociating file types with Band-in-a-Box, the user would get the success message "File types are now NOT registered for songs..." when the process failed.
Fixed: If opening a Band-in-a-Box song from Windows explorer, and specifically choosing the "Open" command instead of "Play", playback would start anyway.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might ask to associate file in Windows Explorer even if they are already set.
Fixed: Right-clicking on a Band-in-a-Box song in explorer and selecting play would not open the song.
Fixed: Associating file types only works if the exe is named "bbw.exe".
Fixed: Various Conductor hot keys were not working.
Fixed: Some number-pad keys were not working in the song memo.
Fixed: Toggling Loop Section with the 1 key would not display a message.
Fixed: With factory settings, it appears as if "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" is selected in the MIDI driver setup dialog even though it is not. The user might click Cancel because it appears that the driver is already selected.
Fixed: When in the MIDI driver setup dialog, clicking on Audio Settings should connect/disconnect MIDI drivers. Eg. the user might be attempting to connect to ASIO4ALL, which often does not work with the Microsoft GS Wavetable MIDI driver.
Fixed: Some RealTracks Artist Bio's typos/omissions.
(note: This patch will update Band-in-a-Box® 2017 to Build 463 from any previous 2017 build.)
New RealTracks Sets 254-277 - Video Demos!
Video - Tony Lee Glenn's Final Version - Relic
We recently shared a video submitted by Band-in-a-Box user Tony Lee Glenn that was his detailed explanation for exporting audio from Band-in-a-Box for use in an Adobe Audition. Want to see the final product? Check out this video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=EUicsf2lyyc
Great Job Tony!
The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac New Features Video
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Special - Up to 50% Off for a Limited Time!
Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac with over 80 new features, 202 New RealTracks, and more!
To celebrate, we are slashing upgrade prices for a limited time! Until May 31, 2017 you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Upgrade!
View all the purchase options for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.
A summary of our special upgrade prices:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $59 (reg: $69)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $69 (reg: $79)
Special 2017 Program Update from 2016: $49
**Requires Version 2016. Includes version 2017 program updates only. (No other Add-ons or Bonus PAK) **available for a limited time!**
Upgrade from Version 2016: $89 (reg: $149)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $99 (reg: $159)
Upgrade from Version 2016: $99 (reg: $129)
(The PlusPAK is designed to upgrade 2016 UltraPlusPAK & EverythingPAK users who are downloading their upgrade or do not want to purchase a new hard drive)
Upgrade from Version 2016: $149 (reg: $279)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $169 (reg: $299)
Upgrade from Version 2016: $169 (reg: $379)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $189 (reg: $399)
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition:
Upgrade from 2016 Audiophile Edition: $199 **available for a limited time!**
Learn more about the new features available in Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm.
Picture - RealTracks Artists Oliver Gannon and Neil Swainson Perform!
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Video - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes*
Learn more about the new Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac version when you check out our latest video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=JO9RHH29uKU
In this video you'll see the new GUI, hear the new RealTracks & RealDrums features, 12-key Guitar RealTracks with Hi-Q Tab/Notation, UserTracks enhancements, Chord Sheet enhancements, and more!
A complete list of the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac can be viewed at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm
Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM