Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#273526 - 12/09/14 08:51 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: Cerio]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Great idea!

My vote goes for Scott Devine, a truly master of the bass guitar, a great insturctor and a great guy.

http://www.scottsbasslessons.com/

I second this nomination.

Charlie

#282116 - 01/26/15 03:30 PM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
TROY BRENNINGMEYER (teaches Dobro and lap steel lessons)

HIS YOUTUBE SITE

his non-youtube web site is HERE

Not all of his lessons are free, but he offers a LOT of free teaser lessons to acquaint people with what he has to offer.

And he's a BAND IN A BOX customer, uses BIAB backing tracks for his lessons, and I think to create printed music.

#282119 - 01/26/15 03:55 PM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC

#286419 - 03/03/15 08:23 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Felice Offline

Hi.

I've been using Band in a Box for years and reading the forums regularly but I've just registered. Our son (12) was wanting to learn guitar but there are not any teachers near where we live so I looked at the recommendations on the forum. A few people have recommended ROG and we have found his site really useful.

Our son is now learning lead and rhythm guitar and making good progress. There are backing tracks to practice to and over 100 videos for learning chords. I would certainly recommend his site to anyone else learning guitar. His site is

www.music-prof.co.uk

Thanks for such a great forum.

#287405 - 03/11/15 06:06 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
I just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to the people who've nominated us in this thread.

We're flattered by the mentions and encouraged to keep improving and adding to the site.

Many thanks too to PG MUSIC - RealBand and PowerTracks are used extensively in the preparation of our videos, particularly the backing tracks, which are used for lead solos and chords practice.

We now have 350 videos running and most of our lessons are in both English and French and strangely, even though we're based in York, England, we get more views from France than anywhere else.

So, we're pleased that you found the site useful and once again, many thanks.

ROG.

#314156 - 10/12/15 07:49 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Music-AMG Offline
Enthusiast

Better late than never smile

New user to the software.. absolutely love it..

I play blues guitar and I have to recommend Brian Sherrill from https://www.activemelody.com/ and his you tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCecl4C6gPzRnvQw7hJeJz6A

He always teaches everything he plays note for note in his lessons. He has been doing this for over 5 years now.

I personally have been playing since about the time dirt was discovered, but, I pick up new stuff in his videos every time.

His lessons a partially free, usually the lessons are in 2 parts, with a free part and a premium member part. The premium part is very reasonable too, $7 a month, and cancel or restart anytime you want.

He focuses on blues guitar, almost all styles, and worth looking at.

#315030 - 10/19/15 12:49 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
JennLangley Offline

I'd like to suggest Geethanjali for Veena lessons, found on YouTube at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYlgC9R6_xY

This veena teacher is a great player herself. I think she has in depth knowledge about her veena. Her style of teaching is also impressive.

Her personal homepage is at ...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKSG9SSX8j50kF6LyzJAhg

Regards,
Jennifer Langley

#323860 - 12/08/15 05:09 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
stratos Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Denmark
This guy really nails the good things in jazz guitar.
He is a Dane living in the Nederlands.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jenslarsen02

#325096 - 12/14/15 05:55 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Chris Heinen Offline
Enthusiast

- Name and youtube username - Julian Bradley - JazzTutorial - https://www.youtube.com/user/jazztutorial/videos

- instrument (e.g. guitar) - Keyboards

- genre (e.g. jazz beginner guitar) - Jazz

- comments (optional) (e.g. great teacher ...) - Julian stays focused on blending the sound of the music you are hearing with the transcription (representation) of the music. So, for example, when discussing the topic of modes/scales, you hear what a Lydian scale sounds like, and how to spot it in written form in sheet music, and how it sounds/looks different than a Mixolydian scale for a given key signature, etc. Nothing "new" about this, but Julian presents the theories in self-contained chunks that seem more organized than that which I've seen on other music theory sites.

I would really like to see PG Music collaborate with Julian on some sort of BIAB music theory package, since I enjoy Julian's insights and format.

#338029 - 02/25/16 05:20 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Pet Offline

I'd like to nominate walk that bass for jazz piano lessons on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/walkthatbass

I think he's relatively new but I find his lessons pretty easy to follow and interesting

#391686 - 01/22/17 08:19 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
AS we start 2017 I'd like to nominate:

David Wallimann

You can find him at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wallimann/featured

- Guitar
- Fusion

David Wallimann is a huge "you-tube" channel guy with a on-line guitar instruction site. But don't hold that against him. grin

This guy is a fantastic guitar instructor who absolutely goes on fire at times with his videos. I have been a follower for years. His Master Class Videos can be simply eye opening and game changing for the closet guitarist and "music student" who craves web based instruction.

For any guitarist who thinks he knows how to play modally this (and I mean DW's entire class plan) is must viewing.

I have had the pleasure of working with David, including a year of woodshedding with his class material. He opened my eyes to modal playing and presents this topic like no other guitar instructor. His instruction borders on "story telling" and he tell a great story based on his mastery of the guitar fret board.

And by the way, he is a BIAB Guy! grin I know there are others in our forum who have enjoyed and been educated by DW. Would love to see him recognized and honored for his tremendous contribution to web based musical instruction.

SoundCloud

#391700 - 01/22/17 09:49 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: MusicStudent]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
I am also nominating Andrew Wasson, I have learned more from his lessons than any git-fiddle player I have tried. grin

- Name Andrew Wasson youtube channels
Creative Guitar Studio http://www.youtube.com/user/creativeguitarstudio
guitarblogupdate http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1iBPmVzzcHqJSXBcPppPkA
[s][/s]

I would also like to nominate Jared Falk over at Drumeo...

https://www.drumeo.com/

A a drummer I love the structured, to the point, lessons & guest's that stop by. If you are a drummer it is worth the cost, and if you are even just programing drums this site will give you inste into HOW drummers think. cool
Intel Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS/2x 3tb Internal HDD, 12tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, E-Mu 1820 Sound Card, Win Vista/Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2018, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, ETC

#410591 - 05/03/17 09:38 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: GHinCH]
apistilli Offline

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
- RecordingRevolution http://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution?feature=watch
- instrument: studio
- recording and mixing
- comments: a lot of little but important stuff most of us amateurs aren't aware of explained in an understandable way -- and he doesn't get angry when we play his videos over and over...

I second that one!Graham is awesome and makes the recording/mixing process easy to understand for beginners like me.

#461327 - 03/09/18 10:59 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Marty Schwartz
Guitar instruction: Blues, Folk, Rock
No list could be complete without our old pal and
virtual guitar teacher, Marty Schwartz. Here's a
sample with about nine million views:
[Marty Schwartz](https://youtu.be/llNuwhZWXKA)
Marty is a pioneer in online teaching. He has kept his
friendly, informal style, and most important, never
stopped making toutorials.
Marty's web site is Guitar Jamz.

Edited by edshaw (03/09/18 11:05 AM)
TEAC Digital deck
HD Stereo field recorder w/ clock

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

New Online Band-in-a-Box and RealBand Manuals

Do you hate digging around for manuals as much as I do? Now you can access the most recent Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand manuals with just a few clicks on the new Online Manuals section of our website.

The PDF manuals for version 2017 and 2018 are available now. Plus, we're adding online versions of these manuals too! The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Windows User's Guide is complete, and the Mac User's Guide will be coming very soon. We're even adding a search feature to make it even easier for you to find features that you are looking for - stay tuned!

You Could Win $150 PG Bucks with our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

Want to WIN $150 PG Bucks? Join the entries already submitted into our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest! When the contest closes on September 30th, we will be picking 4 winners (1 per genre)!

What you need:
-Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition
-Xtra Styles PAK 5 Windows | Mac
-a song written using one of the 160+ fully-mixed Styles included in your Xtra Styles PAK 5 purchase.

Complete contest rules list here.

Forum Stats
27959 Members
57 Forums
53917 Topics
445290 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
lazeguy, andymillermusic, Son Lee, 2205, Jay Ostlund

27959 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 506