Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#416054 - 05/31/17 09:18 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade.
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Apple is sending me messages that the latest IOS upgrade will not support BIAB for iPad. I have informed PG Music of this but have received no satisfactory response.
If this is true then my upcoming gigs are in jeapody. I don't understand PG Music's lack of response and resolution.
They should support all their products.
It would also be a good time to make the fixes and improvements I have been recommending in my posts for over a year.

#416111 - 06/01/17 10:18 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Yes, we have learned about that issue. Good thing they're notifying people a few months ahead of time!

#416142 - 06/01/17 03:44 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Actually, Apple is asking me to upgrade my iPad IOS now! So time has run out.

#416161 - 06/01/17 06:50 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Larry Kehl Online   content
Expert

Loc: New Mexico
Do I understand this right:

Apple is doing something that BREAKS BIAB on iOS devices and making you update the OS that "breaks" BIAB, and its PG’s fault, or PG is supposed to “stop the presses” until they fix what APPLE broke?

I feel your pain but come on

Larry

Edited by Larry Kehl (06/01/17 06:51 PM)
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#416163 - 06/01/17 07:08 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Apple didn't break anything. They're jjust doing one of their regular IOS upgrades. They are warning us that BIAB will not be compatible when they do that and therefore PG Music needs to being it into compliance.
Until that happens I can't do the IOS upgrade without potentially losing BIAB.

#416176 - 06/01/17 09:48 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
PG Music Staff

Right, a large number of apps (and older devices too I think) will be incompatible with iOS 11 unless the developers update them, so that's what the warning is about. It seems like a beta iOS 11 might be available soon, but the official version won't arrive until late in the year as far as I understand.

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (06/01/17 09:52 PM)

#416195 - 06/02/17 04:16 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Apple is constantly updating their OS's that screws so many software developers. You see it all the time when downloading Mac software "Not working on OS X XXXX, we are currently working on a new Beta version" then they get it working then Apple screws them again by changing things in yet another OS update.
Then you go to run a download app " Sorry XXX needs 10.9.2 to run you are using 10.9.1"
Then you update to 10.9.2 then you find other apps don't work anymore.

Windows, just always works.

Attachments
Win-Compat-Mode.jpg

#416218 - 06/02/17 06:46 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Andrew, are you saying that BIAB won't be compatible (until changed) with IOS 11, due this fall, but it is compatible with the IOS upgrade that Apple wants me to do now?

#416223 - 06/02/17 07:56 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: AlastairLC
Andrew, are you saying that BIAB won't be compatible (until changed) with IOS 11, due this fall, but it is compatible with the IOS upgrade that Apple wants me to do now?

That sounds right. Well what are the details of the upgrade, and what iOS version do you actually have?

#416227 - 06/02/17 08:19 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Andrew. I have version 10.3.1 (14E304) and they want me to upgrade to 10.3.2. Is it safe for me to do that?

#416259 - 06/02/17 01:00 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
PG Music Staff

I installed iOS 10.3.2 and it didn't seem cause any problems with Band-in-a-Box or other apps in my testing.

But I should also mention also that I have not personally seen this warning message, I've only seen references to it on various blogs and news sites. I have no idea why it doesn't appear on my device. Also I can't at the moment find any information directly from Apple about this, either in the Apple Developer area or in fact anywhere on Apple's website. I am likely overlooking something. Either way, we will look into it.

#416847 - 06/07/17 12:21 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Andrew. I waited to get through some recent gigs, then upgraded to 10.3.2 as well. Like you, I found that BIAB ran ok. Phew!
I hope that PG Music will soon make sure to bring BIAB into compliance with the future iOS upgrade that it's not supposed to run on.
That would be an excellent time to make the fixes and improvements I have recommended in my wishlist posts for over a year.

#416916 - 06/08/17 01:59 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#416961 - 06/08/17 10:03 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
PG Music Staff

Hi Alastair,

So, the Band-in-a-Box apps are already 64bit, and I'm wondering if maybe you have an older version installed. At one point there was an iPad-specific app, which was later replaced with a single app that's for both iPhone and iPad. The older one I believe had "iPad" written on the icon. Perhaps you could try downloading the current one? Then again, if your setup is working well for you right now...

#416967 - 06/08/17 10:28 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Andrew,
The version on my iPad says "iPad" on the logo. It is Version 1.0.12 (build 5200). When I go to the App Store, the only version that pops up is Version 1.0.15 with a "download from cloud" icon showing. If I go ahead and download that version, will all the songs I've got on my iPad run on it without having to download them all over again from my PC? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Create Backing Vocals with RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs!

That's right - for the first time ever Band-in-a-Box® can generate backing vocals with some amazing "oohs" and "aahs" vocal arrangements! Add male or female parts by renowned Nashville vocalists David Wise and Shelly Justice, and you'll LOVE the results!

Included with RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs, is a three-part, six-voice arrangement – which you can use all together in your song or individually for more delicate textures! Listen to the demos for RealTracks Set 278 here.

Purchase RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs for just $29 here. It's also included in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows PlusPAK, UltraPAK, and Audiophile Edition.

Have Your Band-in-a-Box® Delivered In Time for Christmas!

The gift of music... some say this is the greatest gift of all! Imagine receiving the tools to help you create your own music for Christmas... like Band-in-a-Box!

If you are in the United States or Canada, order Band-in-a-Box before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 21st for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

If you are outside of North America, order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 19th for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

With major savings and Bonus PAKs until December 31st, it's a great time to purchase Band-in-a-Box upgrades as a gift for someone you know... or for yourself!
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial Video

Our latest video includes a Quick Start tutorial on the installation, locations, and use of the Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs in Version 2018 for Windows. Video: Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial

We have put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

User Blog - How To Record a Cover Song Using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand

Joanne Cooper's final blog post for 2017, How to record a cover song using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is a must-read!

Joanne summarizes the steps she took to produce her cover of "Old Lang Syne" - her final result was posted to the User Showcase Forum: Listen to Auld Lang Syne

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/how-to-record-a-cover-song-using-band-in-a-box-and-realband

Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IYMMZVvQdCw

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community :blush:

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts more than 50 new features... and a lot of the new features fill the requests posted by program users!

Some of these include:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I love the Audio Chord Wizard, as it figures out chords from mp3 and other audio files. But it is a separate program from Band-in-a-Box, and I can’t go back and forth to change things easily.

A. We've solved that, as BiaB 2018 has integrated the Audio Chord Wizard directly into Band-in-a-Box. Now load an audio file into BiaB, open the Audio Edit Window – Audio Chord Wizard mode, and let it automatically figure out the bar lines and chords for the song.

Q. I like to save songs as MP3 files, and can't do this with BiaB, except a very low quality one, 64kbps.

A. We've improved this, by adding support for Windows Media Foundation. This allows you to save MP3 in your choice of resolutions, up to very high 320mpbs. Better still, it works on current versions of Windows (Windows 7,8,10) and also on older versions too (Vista, XP).

We've answered 49 questions - review all of these answers on our forum post "49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box 2018" here.

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Forum Stats
26714 Members
50 Forums
48885 Topics
399682 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
scotty-mcd, chadrips, kaushalmalkan11, JonasJ, SuprNatral

26713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)