Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#416256 - 06/02/17 12:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Another song that raises the bar.......

Collaborations are probably my favorite song posts here on the forum. Individually, there is so much talent to choose from. Collaborations always bring us up to the next level to strive for -

Top notch write, arrangement, mix, performance and certainly a top notch, professional recording. Love the ending... and the video. Superb collaboration.

Interesting note about the videos that YouTube provides us choices to view next after watching your video production.

First, there's one from Ken Tamplin telling us he can teach us how to sing any song --
all the while we're listening to Janice's over the top vocals - knowing she is in a class by herself... Yea, Ken, tell us more...

That's followed by a DIY video detailing how to repair your guitar with baking soda and super glue -- after it's exploded trying to play the blues like Peter....

A little further down is a video DIY to make a Sound Recording/Foley Room as if that would help me mix a song with the finesse and clarity of a Bud Mix......

Funny videos that reinforce that you guys rock...

Charlie

Charlie, your positive and supportive review means a lot to us but, man, to describe those videos was just too cool. We had to go back and find them smile

And your mixes always sound great to us!

J&B
J&B Website

#416293 - 06/02/17 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm late to the party but man am I glad I heard this! Everything that I wanted to say has been said but as a lover of blues I will add this is better than a lot of the blues you hear on the radio or Internet.

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#416323 - 06/02/17 10:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Greg Johnson]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! Those are some tasty blues! Cool blues concept. A clever write, and awesome production and mix. Janice and Peter have performances simply dripping with some great blues sauce. Wonderful job on EVERYTHING!! Take care. Greg

Greg
Thanks for those kind words.

Peter

#416401 - 06/03/17 02:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud, Peter

Janis is really lively when she sings the blues.
Peter's guitar is also very pleasant and powerful.
Super Collaboration!
Very enjoyable listen.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks for those comments Shigeki.

Peter

#416431 - 06/03/17 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Charlie McG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie McG
Great playing and singing. Love the blues.

Thanks for listening Charlie!

J&B
J&B Website

#416588 - 06/05/17 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
Cool. that's all - COOL!

That's a plenty for us!

Thank you.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B, Peter, everything in this one works great! The vocal just carries this song along in a wonderful way and the guitar work is perfect along with the tone on that thing! Another fine piece of music! Thanks, Torrey

Those comments are much appreciated Torrey! Glad you liked it.

J&B
J&B Website

#416691 - 06/06/17 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: David Snyder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Lawd have mercy y'all.

This is sweet cream butta.

I gotta have more.

smile

Great job. Love it!

David, your reviews are priceless.

Thanks!

J&B
J&B Website

#416939 - 06/08/17 06:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm late to the party but man am I glad I heard this! Everything that I wanted to say has been said but as a lover of blues I will add this is better than a lot of the blues you hear on the radio or Internet.

This is a keeper.

Thanks Mario. That is much appreciated and especially from a blues lover.

J&B
J&B Website

#417451 - 06/12/17 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
What?! I HAVE to apologize. I have listened to this song many times since it was posted and would swear that I commented! I looked twice this morning and can't seem to find them, so I am sorry for that! I find it wrong to enjoy something to this extent and not extend a "thank you!" for sharing it. So...Thank You! smile

The soul button on this thing is on 11. Man, the vocals get me! I would say how awesome Janet's vocals are; but it's like stating the "sun is bright." We all know it; and it almost makes you look stupid having said it. wink Great job!

The guitar work is another vocal, if you ask me. I know what it's saying. It's speaking my language. There are no words, only feeling. To me, that's what this style should be. With this song, it is! I really enjoyed it!

The production is one of those things that I appreciate soooooo much...because I can't do it! I sit back and get to witness the greatness of others. I love the production in this. Everything has it's space and fits together to the point of not noticing it. Again, that's what THIS music needs! It's a little bit "showing off" by knowing all the things NOT to do, or add. That's a special kind of brilliance to me.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding the video that you did. I really enjoy this style of video as opposed to the kind that are acted out. To me those distract or many times color what YOU thought the song was about. This fit just right to me. Well done in my book.

Ok, I'm feeling much better having said that. Now, I just close this window without hitting "submit" right? wink

#417916 - 06/15/17 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What?! I HAVE to apologize. I have listened to this song many times since it was posted and would swear that I commented! I looked twice this morning and can't seem to find them, so I am sorry for that! I find it wrong to enjoy something to this extent and not extend a "thank you!" for sharing it. So...Thank You! smile

The soul button on this thing is on 11. Man, the vocals get me! I would say how awesome Janet's vocals are; but it's like stating the "sun is bright." We all know it; and it almost makes you look stupid having said it. wink Great job!

The guitar work is another vocal, if you ask me. I know what it's saying. It's speaking my language. There are no words, only feeling. To me, that's what this style should be. With this song, it is! I really enjoyed it!

The production is one of those things that I appreciate soooooo much...because I can't do it! I sit back and get to witness the greatness of others. I love the production in this. Everything has it's space and fits together to the point of not noticing it. Again, that's what THIS music needs! It's a little bit "showing off" by knowing all the things NOT to do, or add. That's a special kind of brilliance to me.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding the video that you did. I really enjoy this style of video as opposed to the kind that are acted out. To me those distract or many times color what YOU thought the song was about. This fit just right to me. Well done in my book.

Ok, I'm feeling much better having said that. Now, I just close this window without hitting "submit" right? wink

Thanks -- a lot! Soul button at 11? How cool is that!? Couldn't have better described what we were aiming for. And, yes, Peter's guitar was perfecto for the whole vibe and particularly the vocal. And thanks for mentioning the mix with a shoutout to Izotope for Neutron's masking meter. Really glad you felt that way about the video. We couldn't agree more. I never liked videos that connect all the dots and leave you with a memory that was, in effect, defined by the video and not your interpretation of the lyric.

We appreciate it all!

J&B
J&B Website

#417937 - 06/15/17 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow Janice & Bud - what a tune! The organ was a great touch, wasn't expecting that! Not to mention Janice nailed the vocals. You two should be proud of this one!

Edited by Deryk - PG Music (06/15/17 11:58 AM)

#417978 - 06/15/17 02:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Great sound and vocal.
I hear a super organ and guitar.

Excellent song as usual.

Sergio

Sergio

#418099 - 06/16/17 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow Janice & Bud - what a tune! The organ was a great touch, wasn't expecting that! Not to mention Janice nailed the vocals. You two should be proud of this one!
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Thanks Deryk! Glad you like the organ...it is a killer RT. We appreciate you checking in and offering up such nice comments.

J&B

Great sound and vocal.
I hear a super organ and guitar.

Excellent song as usual.

Sergio

Thanks Sergio...Peter did, for sure, do some super playing!

J&B
J&B Website

#418588 - 06/20/17 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Just came back from a short break and would like to thank everyone I missed for the comments on this song.
It was an enjoyable experience and it's always a privilege to be on the same track as Janice.

Peter

#421677 - 07/14/17 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Yet another gold medal to add to your treasure chest!

This is stunning. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. As I was listened to Janice's vocals, the word "exquisite" jumped into my mind; Peter's guitar work gave me the word "brilliant"; and when I thought about the mix, the boxes for clarity, balance and professional got enthusiastic ticks! Everyone has done so well with this creation.

I love the way the lyrics flow in the hook line

Quote:
no matter what road I travel there I am

Really exceptional on all levels!

All the best,
Noel

#421903 - 07/16/17 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

I have to say that's so low down of the three of you. Just low down.

#421953 - 07/16/17 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Yet another gold medal to add to your treasure chest!

This is stunning. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. As I was listened to Janice's vocals, the word "exquisite" jumped into my mind; Peter's guitar work gave me the word "brilliant"; and when I thought about the mix, the boxes for clarity, balance and professional got enthusiastic ticks! Everyone has done so well with this creation.

I love the way the lyrics flow in the hook line

Quote:
no matter what road I travel there I am

Really exceptional on all levels!

All the best,
Noel

Noel, it is ALWAYS a treat when you comment on one of our songs. Thanks for everything you said and when mention the lyric it means even more...given your depth of understanding of lyrics and the beauty of your writes.

Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider
I have to say that's so low down of the three of you. Just low down.

We are soooooooooo low down it seems like up!

Thanks mr gruve

J&B
J&B Website

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Here are some tutorial videos we've created to help you install your Band-in-a-Box® purchase.

Our Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK are delivered as a download, on DVD, or on a 32GB USB flash drive.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from DVD: click here to watch.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the 32GB flash drive: click here to watch.
Your flash drive shipment also includes a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

The Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK is available as a download or shipped on a portable hard drive. When you receive the hard drive version, there are a few different installation options:

Option #1 - Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to watch.

Option #2 - Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to watch.

Option #3 - Install Band-in-a-Box® AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive: click here to watch.

All of these videos are available on our YouTube Channel or Videos support page.

Video - Making A Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Ever wonder how to create a song in Band-in-a-Box®? We start off with the basics in our latest video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

Windows users: click here | Mac users: click here

RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Forum Stats
27638 Members
50 Forums
52287 Topics
432847 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
PWC, malcolmdanny45, IgorKo, run97410, LeftyMark

27637 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 181