You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#417037 - 06/09/17 08:33 AM [User Showcase] ShirleyWhirley
Brian Cadoret Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands
Hi,
A piece of music I recently wrote using Band in a Box with various styles.
All guitar's are me playing my 70's Stratocaster, Takamine acoustic and Yamaha classical everything else is BIAB with GPO4.
Once again thought putting a silent film to the music (public domain) would be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-6Cu9KQTI

Brian smile

Style is ARPORK44.STY (Orchestral Piano arpeggios 4/4)
RealDrums in Song: NashPopBallad

Edited by Brian Cadoret (06/09/17 08:35 AM)

#417052 - 06/09/17 11:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Hey Brian, this is a very nice tune. Great guitar playing and arrangement. Keep'em coming.

Mike B.

#417096 - 06/09/17 05:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
Al-David Offline
Expert

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hello Brian,

Good to "meet" you. This is very, very good! Loved the video - very creative use of film! Loved the music - this is a real nice listen. Excellent work!

Alan & Di

Our Website: http://doubletrouble-music.wix.com/our-songs

#417180 - 06/10/17 11:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Thanks for sharing, Brian! This is an example of solid songwriting, and what Band-in-a-Box can do! Not over the top - just a pleasant tune to listen to, and easy on the ears. Those strings were a fantastic addition too. Great job!

Edited by Deryk - PG Music (06/10/17 11:50 AM)

#417190 - 06/10/17 11:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Another nice tune!! Video is fun too. Enjoyed! Take care. Greg

#417202 - 06/10/17 01:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
Brian Cadoret Offline
Apprentice

Thanks again for the comments, re the strings Deryk I find the classical styles with a bit of tweaking really inspirational and give me a good counterpoint melody to work with.

Brian

#417206 - 06/10/17 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Al-David]
Brian Cadoret Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Alan and Di....just listened to a few tracks on your site,silky smooth vocals and great arrangements.

Brian

#417366 - 06/11/17 06:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Cool video and backtrack. Loved the guitar. Little Shadows think going on there

#417504 - 06/12/17 11:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Scott C]
Brian Cadoret Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Scott and yes initially did have a Marvin sound in mind. smile

Brian

#417522 - 06/12/17 11:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
Al-David Offline
Expert

Loc: Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Thanks Alan and Di....just listened to a few tracks on your site,silky smooth vocals and great arrangements.

Brian

Thanks so much, Brian. We appreciate it as lot when folks go over to our site and listen to a song or two. Glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for letting us know.

Alan & Di

Our Website: http://doubletrouble-music.wix.com/our-songs

#417643 - 06/13/17 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Well played and produced. It sounds very good on the monitors and the vid was cool (and effective).

Enjoyed it

J&B
J&B Website

#417785 - 06/14/17 10:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Hi,
A piece of music I recently wrote using Band in a Box with various styles.
All guitar's are me playing my 70's Stratocaster, Takamine acoustic and Yamaha classical everything else is BIAB with GPO4.
Once again thought putting a silent film to the music (public domain) would be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-6Cu9KQTI

Brian smile

Style is ARPORK44.STY (Orchestral Piano arpeggios 4/4)
RealDrums in Song: NashPopBallad

Very soothing piece Brian! The strings really help harmonize the elements together. Fantastic work! smile

#417873 - 06/15/17 02:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
BlueAttitude Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Nice! I like the melodic guitar line you came up with and the backing track compliments it perfectly. Fun video too!

I've got a 70's era strat too BTW, '74 to be exact. I'm the original owner.

#417897 - 06/15/17 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Brian Cadoret]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Guitars sound great

very nice melodies, sounds familiar

great mix too

Kenny

#417984 - 06/15/17 03:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: ShirleyWhirley [Re: Al-David]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Brian,

Good to "meet" you. This is very, very good! Loved the video - very creative use of film! Loved the music - this is a real nice listen. Excellent work!

Alan & Di

We will gladly echo what Alan said: excellent work!

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

YouTube Find - There Are No Bad Guitars

The latest video from EricBlackmonGuitar is a great demonstration of the different types of guitars out there, and how there really is no such thing as a bad guitar!

Video: Multi-Guitar Solo Review Of INEXPENSIVE GUITARS

Eric uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his tutorial videos... Just one of the many ways program users can incorporate their Band-in-a-Box songs into other projects!

Xtra Styles Song Contest - Ends August 15th!

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK 3 for Band-in-a-Box® 2017, don't forget to create and submit a song usings one of these new Xtra Styles to our Xtra Styles Contest forum for your chance to WIN $150 USD coupon to use on your next PG Music Inc. product purchase!

Hurry! This contest ends at midnight on August 15th! Complete contest information and contest rules list here.

Good luck everyone!

Hip Hop - Happy 44th Anniversary!

Today we celebrate the 44th anniversary of the birth of Hip Hop!

Learn more about the history of Hip Hop, courtesy of Google: https://www.google.com/doodles/44th-anniversary-of-the-birth-of-hip-hop

Now, you may not associate Hip Hop with Band-in-a-Box, but you should!!! There are over 50 hits when you search for the Hip Hop genre in the StylePicker window, including Sets:
28: Smooth Jazz
32: Alternative Contemporary Rock
36: Rock On! (check out Dance 5 - Rock On)
46: Requested 4
47: Contemporary Country 2 (check out CC_Town)
56: Pop
62: Requested 6
65: Requested 7
71: Urban Pop MultiStyles

Hip Hop specific RealTracks are available too! Check out RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax! and Set 272: Rap and Hip Hop.

RealDrums Sets? Yup! Ed (Great Oz) Clare has some great Hip Hop RealDrums with RealDrums Set 16: Urban Pop, Franklin Richardson's contribution of the SmoothJazzCoolSw16^ drums in RealDrums Set 28: Smooth Jazz, and Craig Scott's drums in RealDrums Set 3: Fusion, Hip-Hop and More! are great too!

#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® MIDI Setup on Windows 95

If you visit our About page, you will read that Dr. Peter Gannon founded PG Music Inc. in 1988!

With that in mind, there are a lot of video tutorials we've released that answer many of the technical support questions frequently asked, including this blast-from-the-past: Band-in-a-Box (1997): Windows 95 MIDI Setup, narrated by Peter! Click here to view the video.

User Blog Post - Eight Reasons Why I Use RealBand

If you're a Band-in-a-Box for Windows user, did you know your purchase came with RealBand?

RealBand is a fully-featured and powerful music arranging, sequencing, and digital recording program; it combines sequencing features with the automatic accompaniment features of Band-in-a-Box!

For some great user feedback about RealBand, be sure to read Joanne Cooper's latest blog post: Eight reasons why I, as a Band-in-a-Box user, use RealBand as my DAW of choice.

Forum Stats
26308 Members
50 Forums
47104 Topics
383402 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
j0oziah3, pepepe, LoisKCavitt, Maideared, Ango

26306 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 172
VideoTrack 148