You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#425507 - 08/10/17 11:19 AM [User Showcase] Tired, Drunk and Stoned
Samuel Davis Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
[/b] Soundcloud Tired, Drunk and Stoned[b]

This song has a very authentic Nashville style sound to it with western and bluegrass influences. The story comes from my experiences playing many shows and getting worn so thin that sometimes you wonder if it's worth it to go on. I used all Band In A Box real tracks for the instrumental. The final mixing and vocals were done in Cubase LE AI Elements 8.

tempo 204bpm
Real Tracks used:
519, Bass, El, Pop Half Note
426 Banjo, Bluegrass
406 Guitar, Ac, Strumming
621 Pedalsteel, Bckgrd Easy
619 Guit, Res, Bckgrd, Cowboy
410 Guit, El, Rh Ctry Cowboy
601 Fiddle, Soloist, Train
436 Mandolin, Soloist, Bluegrass
412 Guitar, Electic, Soloist Cowboy

Lyrics:

(Verse)
Been Drinking too much whiskey and singing country songs.
This life I lead's a thrill but I know it won't last long.
Each night a different stage in some other little town.
I'm running fast and hard and I know I can't slow down.

(Chorus)
And I'm tired drunk and stoned.
Living life out on the road.
These songs they satisfy my soul.
but I'm still tired drunk and stoned.

(Verse)
Last night in Mississippi in some whole in the wall
I met a girl from Georgia who's name I can't recall.
Bot when I woke Up this morning I was tired and alone
with a ringing in my head and an aching in my bones.

(Chorus)

(Verse)
Up here in the spotlight it starts to look the same.
Shadows on the wall and faces with no name.
Another shot of whiskey and another bowl to toke.
Might go back to the hotel and do a line of coke.

(Chorus)

(Verse)
With one hand on the bible... The other on the gun
Do I ask him for forgiveness or do I just succumb
To the demons I've been chasing 'round in circles in my head?
They're trying to convince me that Id be better off dead.

(Chorus)
Instead of tired drunk and stoned.

www.sammycountry.com

#425618 - 08/11/17 03:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
BlueAttitude Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Excellent song! Loved your lyrics and also your vocal.
I also really liked your track, the tempo change at the end worked really well.

#425620 - 08/11/17 05:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Sammy,

Welcome to the Showcase. Looks like you are "havin' fun" with BIAB. No doubt there will be much more to come...this obviously "ain't your first rodeo"...

A good first post. Solid write. Good vocal. Good mix.

Enjoyed the listen.

floyd

#425634 - 08/11/17 07:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
Samuel Davis Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for listening and the kind comments. Not my first rodeo in songwriting but the first using BIAB and I'm loving it.

www.sammycountry.com

#425635 - 08/11/17 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Fabulous song. Great production. Great Vocals. I love the chorus - so catchy. Can't believe you're new to BIAB.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface - built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#425636 - 08/11/17 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great tune, Samuel - and welcome to the forums! The mix is on point, as is the vocal delivery. The tempo change up near the end fitted perfectly. I really liked the lyrics too. Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to hear else you come up with using Band-in-a-Box smile

#425661 - 08/11/17 09:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Welcome to the forum. this is an excellent tune. Super vocal and backtrack

#425672 - 08/11/17 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Great song!

very strong write

man, I'm enjoying the listen

love the ending too,

welcome

Kenny

#425680 - 08/11/17 10:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Welcome to the forum! On your SoundCloud page, you stated "I just got Band In A Box and wanted to see what I could do with it." - YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB WITH IT!

Thank you for sharing this song here on our User Showcase Forum - we have deemed it our "Hot Forum Topic" for today... I hope EVERYONE who listens to this song love it as much as I do!

#425687 - 08/11/17 10:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
Samuel Davis Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you so much Callie, PG Music and everyone else. That is awesome. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this song. I can't wait to put some more together for everyone.

www.sammycountry.com

#425731 - 08/11/17 06:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
Biglad Offline
Apprentice

Loc: england
I Just canwait for more this is excellent.well wriiten and produced wow .Plese give us more
cheers brad

#425763 - 08/12/17 01:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

very nice song. High power in the sound.
Excellent vocal.

Sergio

#425792 - 08/12/17 07:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Samuel,

This is great. I love to see how an artist can prove that Band in a Box is a full-on recording studio for Nashville hits.

Great guitar, use of tracks and overall production.

Nice.

smile

#425979 - 08/13/17 06:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
guitar1 Offline
Enthusiast

Samuel,
You are definitely in the right place. Most of us here have worn that, "cleanest dirty shirt". Well done.

#426033 - 08/14/17 07:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tired, Drunk and Stoned [Re: Samuel Davis]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

this could fit well on some of Marshall Tucker's early albums. "Searching for a Rainbow" came to mind as I listened to the groove you have going in this song.

Nice first time out..... can't wait to see what you'll be doing once you get the hang of this thing.

The song hits the dark and gritty side of this business. It sure isn't all spotlights and good times. But, there's always 2 sides to a coin.

I'll reserve commenting on the nits for now.

good job.

edit: on the line "Up here in the spotlight" I was half expecting... "you're a million miles away".....

Edited by Guitarhacker (08/14/17 07:33 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Thank You!

Take a look at some of the recent feedback we've received from program users just like you:

"I started using Band-in-a-Box October 2016 . It's been money very well spent. I'm now nearing the finish of my first All Originals Cd. I let a local musician hear some of the songs and he was amazed at the quality. Guys it takes time and effort to learn but its worth it 100%!"
-John S.

"Amazing RealTracks I have used these on 30 or more songs! Some even used complex chords that amazed me how well the Banjo still worked. Unbelievable Software! All the backup band you will ever need no matter what your skill level!"
-Tom C.

"Like lots of others I use it all the time, putting in the chords of a tune, choosing the right style and tempo is a godsend, I'm a jazz musician and playing tunes and improvising with chords in front of you is brilliant, less than an hour ago I was playing my tenor sax along with my Band-in-a-Box backing band."
-Barrie M.

"I love Band-in-a-Box! I use it every day to practice, compose, and teach guitar lessons. Keep up the great work, PG!"
-Brian P.

"A Great business....a great program and a fantastic way to easily create your own songs....or backing tracks to play along with.....a program that everyone should get...."
-Leonard A.

"Band-in-a-Box has been one of my favorite programs since it first came out. Wonderful concept, very well executed."
-Doug S.

"Amazing Software. Use it all the time. Makes very convincing backing tracks!!!"
-Paul P.

Thank you everyone!

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Article - How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box®

Listen to the SoundCloud account for forum user Buford, and you'll see that has written and uploaded more than 20 songs!

Want to know his secret? Check out his recent blog post: How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box, which he was nice enough to share to our Songwriting Forum - Thanks Bob!

Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

YouTube Find - There Are No Bad Guitars

The latest video from EricBlackmonGuitar is a great demonstration of the different types of guitars out there, and how there really is no such thing as a bad guitar!

Video: Multi-Guitar Solo Review Of INEXPENSIVE GUITARS

Eric uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his tutorial videos... Just one of the many ways program users can incorporate their Band-in-a-Box songs into other projects!

Xtra Styles Song Contest - Ends August 15th!

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK 3 for Band-in-a-Box® 2017, don't forget to create and submit a song usings one of these new Xtra Styles to our Xtra Styles Contest forum for your chance to WIN $150 USD coupon to use on your next PG Music Inc. product purchase!

Hurry! This contest ends at midnight on August 15th! Complete contest information and contest rules list here.

Good luck everyone!

Hip Hop - Happy 44th Anniversary!

Today we celebrate the 44th anniversary of the birth of Hip Hop!

Learn more about the history of Hip Hop, courtesy of Google: https://www.google.com/doodles/44th-anniversary-of-the-birth-of-hip-hop

Now, you may not associate Hip Hop with Band-in-a-Box, but you should!!! There are over 50 hits when you search for the Hip Hop genre in the StylePicker window, including Sets:
28: Smooth Jazz
32: Alternative Contemporary Rock
36: Rock On! (check out Dance 5 - Rock On)
46: Requested 4
47: Contemporary Country 2 (check out CC_Town)
56: Pop
62: Requested 6
65: Requested 7
71: Urban Pop MultiStyles

Hip Hop specific RealTracks are available too! Check out RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax! and Set 272: Rap and Hip Hop.

RealDrums Sets? Yup! Ed (Great Oz) Clare has some great Hip Hop RealDrums with RealDrums Set 16: Urban Pop, Franklin Richardson's contribution of the SmoothJazzCoolSw16^ drums in RealDrums Set 28: Smooth Jazz, and Craig Scott's drums in RealDrums Set 3: Fusion, Hip-Hop and More! are great too!

Forum Stats
26308 Members
50 Forums
47109 Topics
383448 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
scottslater, micheal robert, j0oziah3, pepepe, LoisKCavitt

26308 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 171
VideoTrack 147