Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RealBand
K
kristen Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
K
Upon starting my computer I get a error box entitled "Rthdcpl" and it says in the scary box with a big red X in it, "EAccess Violation".

Coincidentally it started occurring after I had to reinstall my delta 1010lt card.

(Also i should mention that the volume coming out of the speakers is about 1/5 what it normally should be!)

Any clues?

thanks
superkristen

Super K

Kristen of "Blues Matters"
http://www.motagator.net/bluesmatters
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Uninstall and go back to old drivers (?)

You gave no info on OS or what version of drivers you are using.

I have never found a need to update drivers with 1010lt; it just keeps doing what I want it to do ..

Maybe try uninstalling Realtec, as this may be the issue

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Interesting question, since I have spent most of the day researching PCI recording solutions to supplement my onboard Realtec sound card. Have my eye on the Audiophile 192, but alas the old PCI standard is getting a little long-in-the-tooth when compared to todays hardware. For example, my new I7 DAW only has one PCI slot available (it has 3 PCIe slots) and I have been warned that the big M-Audio(Avid) cards may not fit in the small space. I was pleased to see that Avid does have Win7 64bit beta-drivers available for all their PCI recording cards and folks in their forum claim they are working well. But again the conflict with my current system may be with IRQ assignment.

Which brings us back to your question. Sounds like a driver problem! Do you have the current dirvers for the 1010lt and your OS? Can you disable the Realtec (do you really need it if you have the 1010lt on the system?). Try going to the Avid forum there is lots of discussion about these PCI cards over there.

Good Luck.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
... Don't want to hijack this thread so I moved my new problem to a seperate one.

Last edited by jazzmandan; 11/15/09 05:39 PM.
RealBand
W
Expert
Expert
W
Have you gone to the BIOS and disabled the realtec onboard sound hardware?
If not it may be a conflict where you have 2 sound cards...realtec and delta trying to use the same IRQ ports.
Wyndham

RealBand
K
kristen Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
K
Not only do i want to disable the Realtec sound, I would like to blow it up. i had this delta 1010lt in an older computer working with no problem. but after upgrading motherboard and processor (for xp of course) to get more speed, i also go stuck with the built-in Realtec device which I do not have any intention of using. so i install Realband and BIAB and they say there is an error with the delta card and I need to reinstall,. Won't play with the delta card. ( by the way, Reaper sees it and uses the cards with no problems so i was confused about that. So stupid me , .. I go through the delta 1010lt card removal, uninstallation, reinstallation and putting the card back in . Again i get the same problem , the Realband again says that the delta card needs to be reinstalled (and once again Reaper sees it and works fine with it). i do not want to remove the card and uninstall-reinstall again, since t works fine with Reaper. i am starting to believe it is not the card at all, but how do i get Realband to see it?
Also confusing is that whatever i record with in realBand DOES come out the speakers which are connected to the Delta card ... so it must know the delta card is there... right? But the sound is only about 1/10 the volume it should be. I have to turn the speakers all the way up to hear something (when using reaper at the same setting it will blow your ears out!). Another volume anomoly I just noticed is that windows media player doesn't produce any sound playing an mp3, but quicktime just blasts it out.

from all of this stuff i just wrote , does anyone have any ideas? i really don't want to uninstall and reinstall delta driver since I know it works in Reaper. - and by the way- (in my opinion) I do not like the look of the new delta driver at all. Too small to work with

Super K

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
If you do end up doing a reinstall go back the drivers you liked originally.

In 'options - preferences- audio - drivers'
is the Delta 1010lt highlited, or is windows soundmapper or such highlited?
Make sure 1010lt is the only thing highlited.

Are you using ASIO or MME?
Whichever one, you may try the other to see if it makes a difference.
Probably most luck with MME until things get sorted out.

Are you comfortable in the Bios area of the computer?
Disabling the onboard device shouldn't be that hard in there.
Which soundcard is selected in Control Panel as the default windows device?

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Make sure that any other program that uses the soundcard, such as Reaper, is completely closed down (not minimized, but shut down) before starting up RB.

--Mac

RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Sometimes, as with my DAW, there is no option in the Bios to disable the onboard Sound. Check in the Control Panel > Systems > Hardware > Device Manager > Multi Audio Controller and disable it there by changing the + to - and rebooting the Computer. If this is not effective then change the setting back.

Lyn

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
K
kristen Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
K
I am about to give up with the Delta 1010lt card. Make me an offer.

I “enabled” the Realtek .
Shut down and restarted.
No more starting error.
Delta 1010lt was still ”installed”
Preferences set on Delta 1010lt card for channels 3 and 4 to recognize audio input.
I armed track 1 to record audio. I even saw audio signal coming in the VU meter.
I also was playing a midi keyboard

Track 1 recorded the audio on Track 1, Track 2 was blank as expected since no signal was coming in channel 4, and the midi on saved on Track 3..
I saved the file.

I thought this was too good to be true.
It was.

WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING, I now wanted to see if I could repeat this simultaneous audio and midi recording.

I set track 5 to record audio and started to record.
I expected to get an audio signal recorded on track 5, have track 6 empty, and midi recorded on Track 7.

I didn’t see anything of the VU meter and nothing was recorded. No audio or midi. I did not change preferences, … I didn’t do anything.

WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING, I closed the file and reopened it.
Track 1 still had the audio and track 3 still had the midi.,

Tried recording. Nothing again.

I am going to sell this card. Any offers?

Any recommendations on either another sound card or outside interface to record from?
I think I would prefer an outside interface since I am getting tired of opening up the computer to keep taking the card out and putting it back in.

I would like to be able to record some audio tracks and midi tracks simultaneously. I don’t need all the inputs of the delta, maybe just half.

(by the way I am using windows xp with a pretty fast processor and 1 year old motherboard with 2 gig of ram)

thanks
superkristen

Super K

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
First thing I would check is the cord and connection from the keyboard ..
The fact that you didn't see anything on the VU the second time tells us something.

Then make sure the Delta1010 is still highlited in the audio preferences area ..
System may be going back to default Realtec

If it did revert back to Realtec-
Is the Delta set as the default card in the Windows control panel under sounds - audio ?

Another thing to try - use audio 5 & 6 to see if there is something wrong on the 3 & 4 inputs (bad connection possible here too)

Are you SURE you hit 'record' and not 'play' the second time? I've seen that happen more than once; usually when you get a perfect take, of course! Did the program ask you to 'keep take' the second time? If you hit record it should have, even with a bad connection, as long as the track was an audio track that was getting recorded to

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Did you look at the link I posted?

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
K
kristen Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
K
I installed an "older" realtec driver and an "older" delta driver. It seems to be working ok now.

i recorded from input 3 and midi. It Worked. Then i recorded on other some tracks from input 4 and midi and it worked . I shut it off. Gonna quit while i am ahead, but i am sure it will act up as soon as i want to record something.

Are M-Audio ProFire 610 Firewire Recording Interfaces any good?

thanks
superkristen

Super K

RealBand
M
Expert
Expert
M
kristen.
i dont want to upset you but as there are so many users
of the delta i have to suspect if you get continued probs..
its possibly user error or configuration of the pc.
you can see a zillion probs on the net with sound device set up.
with lots of different types of sound devices.

the problem with the more advanced sound devices..
is they often require deep undrstanding of both the pc itself n win plus
the user control panel that comes with them that can sometimes be quite complex
as companies add various options. then of course one needs to configure
ones daw software properly. in summary there are lots of factors.
unfortunately the ads for the products often hint..just install and your away to the races.
reality is often different.
let me say even seasoned folks often make mistakes also.
so your not alone in this.
the other problem is..its a competitive market so lots of sound devices
are possibly rushed out the door to payt back R n D development etc.

there IS one thing i want to ask you.
as i note it seems your settings are not "sticking".
in any daw software you use are you ensuring you SAVE THE PREFERENCES.
ie..DRIVER PREFERENCES. cos if your not this might explain why you
have to keep on resetting.

i note on the other forum we are both on...RME is recommended.
this is a very fine device. however even the best device might not work
on some pc configurations. thus if you go this route ensure you can return it
if you get probs with your pc and can get your money back.

all the probs youve had is one reason why i often recommenmd getting
a pc plus sound device from a turnkey pro daw builder like adk.
this is what many touring acts do. you literally turn the darn pc on and it works.
hence the name turnkey. but its expensive.
i'm not really sure you need to go the RME route.
your decision of course, but if your looking for a replacement for the delta
from what ive read of your posts i might suggest you look at a simple sound device approach.
with a non complex user control panel.
firewire has its own issues, and i'm sure is gonna change like everything.
thus i'm worried myself bout spending big buks on a sound device.
one problem being ensuring you have a proper firewire chipset in your pc.
i just wonder if you might end up jumping from the frying pan into the fire as it were.
thus..if you go the firewire route...look in device manager under ieee
THIS IS IMPORTANT. ideally you want a TI fw chipset. but if you have another
fw chipset , be forewarned you might gedt probs.
just note down your fw chipset then ask the manufacturer of the fw device
if its supported. if not you would need to add a fw card with the TI chipset.

before spending lots of money i would really research the gamut of sound devices.
for example if you want a simple install with low latency the inexpensive
new cakewalk ua1g at 99 buks might be a candidate.
but as its audio only , you would need to add a midi device to get midi into and out of your pc.
also you would not be able to record multiple traks at a time.
another device ive seen folks happy with consistently is the echo audiofire.
here..http://www.echoaudio.com/products/FireWire/AudioFire12/index.php
echo also offer other less expensive models with fewer inputs.
but without being there to test with your pc i just dont know how well it might work.
there is also audiofire 4 for example.
http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/FireWire/
for the range of echo products.

also be aware sometimes one can get a fw cable go winky or a connector.
the best advice i can give you is to clearly identify all the config of your pc..
then contact the tech support folks of various sound device manufacturers
to identify if your pc config will work fine with their sound device.
all the best.

retired puter engr....powertracks on amd......NICE !
"what is the black art of audio engineering ?"
my silly songs...motagator.com/bmanning
see my tips in the tips section.
RealBand
K
kristen Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
K
I have used the Delta card on an older computer for a few years with no problems. The one I built last year has a newer motherboard (faster bus etc) and one of those dual processorss. I really susupect this has something mainly to do with the audiotec , but I am not positive, As for the older Delta driver, it worked fine before and I was used to it. Thats why I went back to it.

But I would like to know about saving the preferences I set within a computer. I also asked this on Reaper forum. I am going between three computers ( one macbook with both the osx system and windows xp installed). One (newer) computer with an old audigy2 card ... never had a problem. And the other computer is the one I use with the delta. One thing I know for sure, when something is working I leave it alone. Thats why I get confused when , WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING, the system starts acting wierd and RealBand says the card installed correctly or something like that. (And yet Reaper will see the card and work fine ...when RealBand don't .. do you see why I am so confused?
I asked about the profire 610 because it looked like it would do what i needed it to do, and all hree of my computers have firewire so i would be able to use it with the mac as well. As for the real expensive approach, my budget is limited.

About half of my recording is live stuff, ... I have enjoyed recording on a older Korg digital recorder, but it is such a hassle getting the stuff from the recorder to the hard drive. Lately I have been using a zoom h4n, which I love. I have been using the zoom even more lately due to the delta (or more likely, the audiotec problem). But it does not record midi, which I occassionally need.

How can I save my preferences in such a way that I can recall them as another backup file?

Thanks for your help,
superkristen

Super K

RealBand
M
Expert
Expert
M
kristen
re saveing preferences.
in any daw its the same ...youll normally see a preferences screen
for driver selection, and a button called ok and/or apply.
for example in realband ensure after selecting audio and midi drivers
for the delta that you cliok OK button.
youll notice in rb when you clik the drivers button and select drivers its important
to move selected devices to top. this is what i have to do in powertraks.

for some new folks the delta control panel has confused from posts ive seen.
so one also has to ensure that the delta control panel is set up properly.
then on the trak itself, in rb prolly you have to ensure the right port is selected.
rharv knows more than i bout the delta as he has one.
also to echo what he said...in windows itself it might be prudent to select
the delta as the default sound device on your puter.
this way on board sound will be negated.
its all a learning curve like anything.
but if you get super frustrated, as i said mebe try a very simple sound device.
for example one simple device i have here for audio is edirol ua1ex.
now updated by the ua1g i spoke about.
before buying the rme for example really look at the manual and understand
all thats needed to install n set up the device.
the manual for any device will allow you to assess how simple or complex it is.
before buying. in summary before buying any new device get a gander
at the manual to assess if its too complex for you.
finally , sometimes one has to try various deviceds to see which one
works best on a puter. yes its a hassle..but thats life..lol.
all the best.

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
"Drivers, drivers, drivers..."

The Delta PCI is a LOT simpler to get working than any FireWire device.

For one thing, you must make sure that all your Computers have the right recommended FireWire Chipset in them or all bets are off. Typically, that would be the Texas Instruments Firewire Chipset, but there are a few more caveats also.

The Delta worked fine for you for quite some time. You changed machine and maybe OS, then you decide that whatever problems arise are the fault of the card?

Don't make the mistake of thinking that if you change the soundcard type you will have an easier time of it. You will most likely have a few more hurdles to jump than you do right now.

--Mac

RealBand
K
kristen Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
K
For setting up the audio portion I use the Delta card for inputs and check the appropriate channels I want. For audio output I have delta output channels 1 and 2 out to left and right speakers. Usually no problem here.

For me the midi is the tricky stuff.
For the input I have set the delta midi input, since the yamaha keybooard is coming into the delta midi connector. That isn't too hard to understand.

BUT my listed midi output options are either to the delta card, the microsoft midi mapper , or the microsoft gs wavetable sw synth. I tried setting the midi output to the delta card so all the audio and midi ins and outs would connected to the delta card ... but it doesn't work for the midi output. No midi through the speakers.
I have to use either the microsoft midi mapper or microsoft gs wavetable sw synth to get midi sound to come out (I forgot which one and I am not near my computer to tell you), ... but the point is I can't set everything to the delta card. I usually have "ReRoute Midi playback to Default Dxi/VSTi Synth" so i can use Forte or something like that. . I assume that since I can't use the Delta as a midi output option, the sound must be driven by the realtec device, so i can't disable that.
Thats why i have to keep the realtec driver connected. What ya think?

superkristen

Super K

RealBand
M
Expert
Expert
M
kristen
re selecting midi out in delta.
with respect this is where your misunderstanding possibly.
and its a set up prob with your gear your end .
by selecting midi out of the delta, what happens in such a situation is
the midi stream goes out of your puter to AN EXTERNAL MIDI DEVICE.
eg a multi timbral midi module. the external midi device in turn outputs audio.
also whats being missed is speakers should no longer be connected
to the output from the on board puter sound device.
(what speakers are you useing ??).
in this scenario here is the proper set up kristen.
audio outputs from delta go to >> audio inputs of a mixer.
midi outputs of delta go to >> midi inputs of a external midi module ..
which IN TURN go to >> audio input of a mixer.
THEN YOU CONNECT SPEAKERS TO THE MAIN STEREO OUTPUT OF THE MIXER.
in the audio mixer itself you balance the audio coming from
the audio outs of the delta, and the audio outs of the external multi timbral midi module..
(eg ketron or sonic cell.)
this is the proper way of organising things.
what do you have your speakers connected to ??
on board pc sound ?? delta audio main stereo out ??
--------------------------------------------------------------------
now if you dont want to go to this sort of set up.
on midi traks some people use a multi timbral synth plug in.
eg edirol sound canvas or something else.
but the negative with this is MORE LOAD/RESOURCE USEAGE ON THE PC.
versus the way described above.
in this scenario you would connect speakers to main stereo out of delta.
also in this scenario, what some folks do is to save pc resources
once they had the plug in set correctly on a trak they would
convert the midi trak to an audio trak. and then delete the plug in.
in summary kristen its very important how all the gear is set up to work together.

all the best.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,637
Posts735,316
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182