Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#429650 - 09/13/17 06:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: BlueAttitude]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Tommy and Islansoul, I am glad that you and your families are safe. You can replace things but not people.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#429652 - 09/13/17 07:48 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Tommy, thanks for reporting in to let us know you and Benji made it through the storm! I know you are probably overwhelmed in every direction right now, but as time allows, I hope you will keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

#429660 - 09/13/17 08:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: tommyad]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers. We have an ongoing tragic situation here in SW Florida. The eye went directly over our house with winds clocked at 142 mph. Trees and power lines down everywhere and houses destroyed. An estimated 2 weeks before power is restored. Our chainsaws and generators are running non stop. Gas lines over a mile long if you're lucky enough to find any. Driving is the definition of anarchy with no stop lights anywhere. No ice and very little food. The flooding is unimaginable. We have many friends who have lost everything. On top of all this we have quite a few family members in Houston who are under water. Mother Nature is pissed at us. Kind of like how I feel about anyone who wants to close this thread because they find it tiresome. Come on down here I'll show you tired. Thanks again everyone. We will get through this, Tom

Best to you buddy. 142mph was exactly double what we experienced. I tried to give some perspective of what y'all were going through by showing what a 65mph wind could do but it elicited a "tiresome" response. We were out all morning with the chainsaw and thankful that we don't have to face the cleanup of S Florida much less the life changing aspects of it for many people. Ya'll are tough -- hang in. Music making again will come soon enough.
J&B Website

#429674 - 09/13/17 12:21 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Janice & Bud]
Jim Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Texas
I just talked to Leilani and Bob Norton and they are OK.

#429676 - 09/13/17 12:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Janice & Bud]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
A photo to put in perspective what has happened in Florida with Irma. This is a large oak tree that thankfully missed our house. Had it been one of the many a bit closer and fallen it would not have been good. Now we are 200 miles inland AND Irma was reduced to a tropical storm. Yet trees like this are down all over Ga and a million are w/o power. I can't imagine what the Fl folks went through. Our town looks like a war zone in places. The highest gust recorded in my area was 68mph and we have forum members who experienced twice that!

Janice and Bud,

That's incredible! I'm really thankful that you made it through. I cannot even begin to imagine what a 68 mph wind is like. Your picture really does say it all.

Thinking of you both,
Noel

#429677 - 09/13/17 12:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Jim]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Jim
I just talked to Leilani and Bob Norton and they are OK.

Excellent news!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#429678 - 09/13/17 12:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: tommyad]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers. We have an ongoing tragic situation here in SW Florida. The eye went directly over our house with winds clocked at 142 mph. Trees and power lines down everywhere and houses destroyed. An estimated 2 weeks before power is restored. Our chainsaws and generators are running non stop. Gas lines over a mile long if you're lucky enough to find any. Driving is the definition of anarchy with no stop lights anywhere. No ice and very little food. The flooding is unimaginable. We have many friends who have lost everything. On top of all this we have quite a few family members in Houston who are under water. Mother Nature is pissed at us. Kind of like how I feel about anyone who wants to close this thread because they find it tiresome. Come on down here I'll show you tired. Thanks again everyone. We will get through this, Tom

Tom,

I've been thinking quite a bit about you and floyd and your families. I'm really glad to read that you all fared as well as possible in the mind-boggling circumstances. I've watched the news on TV and it leaves me speechless.

I hope that that often spoken about 'light at the end of the tunnel' gets brighter for you all with each passing day.

Sending lots of good wishes your way,
Noel

#429681 - 09/13/17 01:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Tom - I can't imagine what that must have been like - I don't think anyone can - those speed winds for that amount of time have got to be life altering in more ways than one. Hurricane force winds began hitting us about 8 PM. The power went out about 9 PM - so the rest was experienced in pitch dark without knowing what was happening. For the next 8 hours. Seeing pictures previously of the waters in the bay gone was frightening. Never saw how they returned. We were fortunate that it was only a category 2 by the time it got here and the eye shifted a bit to the east. Our house is surrounded by 50-60 ft. oaks and 80 ft pines. All remain standing. No large limbs fell. No broken windows. The pool screen held (assumed that would be completely gone). We had a lot of small debris - which is just a couple of days of clean up. Our power has come back on, but a large part of the Bay area is still out. Our only remaining problem is finding gas. All the stations are empty. We had a full tank, so traveled to Ana Maria Island this morning to help with clean up there at the in-laws. We were lucky. My heart goes out to those who were not.

#429684 - 09/13/17 01:55 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: tommyad]
Larry Kehl Offline
Expert

Loc: New Mexico
See PM

Again Wish all affect well

Larry
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#429687 - 09/13/17 02:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
OOOOhhh...

Forgot to mention...

I packed up ALL of my music equipment and put it all in contractor heavy duty garbage bags to keep them from getting wet in case we were flooded or the windows were all blown out.

3 acoustic guitars.
2 electric guitars.
An electric bass.
An amplifier.
A digital piano.
A mandolin.
A banjo.
A fiddle.
My effects rack - preamp, compressor, patch bay, power supply.
Monitors (2).
The computer I record and mix on.

The thread is music related.

#429699 - 09/13/17 03:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: floyd jane]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
OOOOhhh...

Forgot to mention...

I packed up ALL of my music equipment and put it all in contractor heavy duty garbage bags to keep them from getting wet in case we were flooded or the windows were all blown out.

3 acoustic guitars.
2 electric guitars.
An electric bass.
An amplifier.
A digital piano.
A mandolin.
A banjo.
A fiddle.
My effects rack - preamp, compressor, patch bay, power supply.
Monitors (2).
The computer I record and mix on.

The thread is music related.

Well played FJ, well played! laugh

#429705 - 09/13/17 04:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: floyd jane]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Next time just ship all that equipment up here, I'll keep it safe for ya ..

#429707 - 09/13/17 04:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
Notes Norton Offline
Veteran

Loc: Fort Pierce, Florida, U.S.A.
Back on line (for a while anyway).

We lost power and phone, the phone is going in and out, and the power is still down. I have a generator but only run it a few hours a day. Cool the fridge, turn it off, and in a few hours repeat as needed.

We weathered the storm well. Ft Pierce got the highest winds in the area, 100mph, but that's nothing compared to the west coast. We missed the worst of it.

The phone company says they are running on generators (I assume at the end of the fiber optics) and that as the generator runs out of fuel, they have to go out and refuel it, so it will be off and on.

Power company says Sunday by 8:12 PM.

We live in a sparsely populated section of town. The lots are huge (averaging 50 acres) and there is one long road for 15 miles with only about 4 short branch streets. I'm on one of them. But since the power company doesn't pass many homes per mile, they can get more people on for the same amount of time in dense neighborhoods. So that's where they should work first.

We have water, and non-perishable food. We have a water well so when the generator is on we replenish the drinking water. I have enough gas to last until Friday, and stations are opening so that will be no problem.

We lost a lot of tree limbs, but nothing major. It took two days to clean up, but without phone or power, there was not much else to do.

The house held up well, it's seen worse than this. I still have one more storm shutter to take down, but I'll wait until we get power because it filters the sun coming in the picture window, keeping it a little cooler here.

My neighbor fishes the lagoon, and has done so for 60+ years. He says the ocean has risen about 9 inches since he was a boy, The banks of the lagoon took a beating, and the road caved in in a few places.

And whether or not you believe +97% of the climate scientists about climate change, I think it's still a good idea to limit our air pollution and plant trees.

Glad to hear others on the list are safe. I may be back soon or not. It depends on the DSL.

Notes

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks

#429725 - 09/13/17 10:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
And whether or not you believe +97% of the climate scientists about climate change, I think it's still a good idea to limit our air pollution and plant trees.

+1

#429801 - 09/14/17 04:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Very happy to hear from you Notes. As for trees...

https://www.newsforshoppers.com/record-amount-of-us-trees-number-highest-in-history/3673783/

The US is doing fine for trees, the problem is in the Amazon rain forest and southeast Asia:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/nov/15/amazon-deforestation-increased-one-third

Bob

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video!

A feature added with our Band-in-a-Box® 2015 release was the option to Save as Video. This feature is easy to use! When you're ready to save your song within Band-in-a-Box®, choose "Save as Video..." and adjut the settings if you'd like, then choose [OK - Render Video]. Once it's rendered, you can select the [Upload to YouTube], or take a look at your video first when you choose [Show Video File]. You can also choose to open this video file up in a different video program - it's your video file!

What does the video show? The chordsheet within Band-in-a-Box® just as you'd see it when the song is playing - don't worry though, the rendering of the song to video is MUCH FASTER than the duration of the song!

To see this in action, visit THIS LINK for our Support video.

Have you made a video of your song using this feature? Share it to our Forum!

User Tutorial - Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines

Forum user edshaw has created some tutorials for Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines that he has shared to our Tips and Tricks forum!

The tutorial has been split into three parts:
Part One - Using Band-in-a-Box®
Part Two - Walking Bass Line
Part Three - Demonstration

Thank you edshaw!

If you've created your own tutorials that you'd like to share, feel free to post them to our Tips and Tricks Forum! You can also send an email to marketing@pgmusic.com and we will post and share them here and on Twitter & Facebook!

Band-in-a-Box® Polish Tutorial - Sound Station

Our new Polish Distributor, Sound Station, is thrilled to be adding Band-in-a-Box® to their product line, and look forward to working with the program! They've just started with us, and have already created this Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Polish Tutorial: Video: Band in a Box 2017 TUTORIAL PL

My Favorite Things - User Feedback

Head to our My Favorite Things Forum to read what other program users love about Band-in-a-Box - or share your own list of favorite features!

Other program users have shared their favorite things about Band-in-a-Box already... like the Jukebox feature, how Band-in-a-Box improves live playing, the interactive PDF program manual, the convenience of the pre-installed hard drive, and more!

YouTube Find - Applying Jazz Guitar to the Blues

Jim Bryer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks within his YouTube videos, and we think he sounds GREAT!

Like this one: Video - Applying Jazz Guitar to the Blues.

Macworld Review - Hands on with Band-in-a-Box 2017

Keith White has just shared his Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Mac review with us: Hands on with Band-in-a-Box 2017

While working with the new Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Mac version, Keith spent some time using the enhanced Song Titles browser feature within the StylePicker - make sure you check out his song links to hear his results!

I have used Band-in-a-Box for over 20 years professionally and have found it one of the most professional and useful programs in my arsenal. The 2017 version takes a great program to new heights.

Pros: vastly improved user control of interface; fabulous range of new sounds from all over the world: useful improvements to Song Titles Browser and Style Picker.

Cons: (as usual) can you have too much of a good thing?
-Keith White, Macworld Australia

Review - Hands on with Band-in-a-Box 2017

Great YouTube Find - Big Little Boy with BIAB

We came across this great YouTube video shared by Kirk Olsen, titled Big Little Boy with BIAB, Digitech Vocalist Live 3 and TC Helicon Harmony GXT.

This is his first mix with Band-in-a-Box accompaniment - we think it's an AMAZING start!

Watch - Big Little Boy with BIAB...

Forum Stats
26405 Members
50 Forums
47479 Topics
386973 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
tfruet, Mfaisalkhan, PGGS, nandini, wdeazdd

26404 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 133