Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#429650 - 09/13/17 06:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: BlueAttitude]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Tommy and Islansoul, I am glad that you and your families are safe. You can replace things but not people.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#429652 - 09/13/17 07:48 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Tommy, thanks for reporting in to let us know you and Benji made it through the storm! I know you are probably overwhelmed in every direction right now, but as time allows, I hope you will keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

#429660 - 09/13/17 08:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: tommyad]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers. We have an ongoing tragic situation here in SW Florida. The eye went directly over our house with winds clocked at 142 mph. Trees and power lines down everywhere and houses destroyed. An estimated 2 weeks before power is restored. Our chainsaws and generators are running non stop. Gas lines over a mile long if you're lucky enough to find any. Driving is the definition of anarchy with no stop lights anywhere. No ice and very little food. The flooding is unimaginable. We have many friends who have lost everything. On top of all this we have quite a few family members in Houston who are under water. Mother Nature is pissed at us. Kind of like how I feel about anyone who wants to close this thread because they find it tiresome. Come on down here I'll show you tired. Thanks again everyone. We will get through this, Tom

Best to you buddy. 142mph was exactly double what we experienced. I tried to give some perspective of what y'all were going through by showing what a 65mph wind could do but it elicited a "tiresome" response. We were out all morning with the chainsaw and thankful that we don't have to face the cleanup of S Florida much less the life changing aspects of it for many people. Ya'll are tough -- hang in. Music making again will come soon enough.
J&B Website

#429674 - 09/13/17 12:21 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Janice & Bud]
Jim Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Texas
I just talked to Leilani and Bob Norton and they are OK.

#429676 - 09/13/17 12:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Janice & Bud]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
A photo to put in perspective what has happened in Florida with Irma. This is a large oak tree that thankfully missed our house. Had it been one of the many a bit closer and fallen it would not have been good. Now we are 200 miles inland AND Irma was reduced to a tropical storm. Yet trees like this are down all over Ga and a million are w/o power. I can't imagine what the Fl folks went through. Our town looks like a war zone in places. The highest gust recorded in my area was 68mph and we have forum members who experienced twice that!

Janice and Bud,

That's incredible! I'm really thankful that you made it through. I cannot even begin to imagine what a 68 mph wind is like. Your picture really does say it all.

Thinking of you both,
Noel

#429677 - 09/13/17 12:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Jim]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Jim
I just talked to Leilani and Bob Norton and they are OK.

Excellent news!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#429678 - 09/13/17 12:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: tommyad]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers. We have an ongoing tragic situation here in SW Florida. The eye went directly over our house with winds clocked at 142 mph. Trees and power lines down everywhere and houses destroyed. An estimated 2 weeks before power is restored. Our chainsaws and generators are running non stop. Gas lines over a mile long if you're lucky enough to find any. Driving is the definition of anarchy with no stop lights anywhere. No ice and very little food. The flooding is unimaginable. We have many friends who have lost everything. On top of all this we have quite a few family members in Houston who are under water. Mother Nature is pissed at us. Kind of like how I feel about anyone who wants to close this thread because they find it tiresome. Come on down here I'll show you tired. Thanks again everyone. We will get through this, Tom

Tom,

I've been thinking quite a bit about you and floyd and your families. I'm really glad to read that you all fared as well as possible in the mind-boggling circumstances. I've watched the news on TV and it leaves me speechless.

I hope that that often spoken about 'light at the end of the tunnel' gets brighter for you all with each passing day.

Sending lots of good wishes your way,
Noel

#429681 - 09/13/17 01:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Tom - I can't imagine what that must have been like - I don't think anyone can - those speed winds for that amount of time have got to be life altering in more ways than one. Hurricane force winds began hitting us about 8 PM. The power went out about 9 PM - so the rest was experienced in pitch dark without knowing what was happening. For the next 8 hours. Seeing pictures previously of the waters in the bay gone was frightening. Never saw how they returned. We were fortunate that it was only a category 2 by the time it got here and the eye shifted a bit to the east. Our house is surrounded by 50-60 ft. oaks and 80 ft pines. All remain standing. No large limbs fell. No broken windows. The pool screen held (assumed that would be completely gone). We had a lot of small debris - which is just a couple of days of clean up. Our power has come back on, but a large part of the Bay area is still out. Our only remaining problem is finding gas. All the stations are empty. We had a full tank, so traveled to Ana Maria Island this morning to help with clean up there at the in-laws. We were lucky. My heart goes out to those who were not.

#429684 - 09/13/17 01:55 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: tommyad]
Larry Kehl Offline
Expert

Loc: New Mexico
See PM

Again Wish all affect well

Larry
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#429687 - 09/13/17 02:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
OOOOhhh...

Forgot to mention...

I packed up ALL of my music equipment and put it all in contractor heavy duty garbage bags to keep them from getting wet in case we were flooded or the windows were all blown out.

3 acoustic guitars.
2 electric guitars.
An electric bass.
An amplifier.
A digital piano.
A mandolin.
A banjo.
A fiddle.
My effects rack - preamp, compressor, patch bay, power supply.
Monitors (2).
The computer I record and mix on.

The thread is music related.

#429699 - 09/13/17 03:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: floyd jane]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
OOOOhhh...

Forgot to mention...

I packed up ALL of my music equipment and put it all in contractor heavy duty garbage bags to keep them from getting wet in case we were flooded or the windows were all blown out.

3 acoustic guitars.
2 electric guitars.
An electric bass.
An amplifier.
A digital piano.
A mandolin.
A banjo.
A fiddle.
My effects rack - preamp, compressor, patch bay, power supply.
Monitors (2).
The computer I record and mix on.

The thread is music related.

Well played FJ, well played! laugh

#429705 - 09/13/17 04:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: floyd jane]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Next time just ship all that equipment up here, I'll keep it safe for ya ..

#429707 - 09/13/17 04:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
Notes Norton Offline
Veteran

Loc: Fort Pierce, Florida, U.S.A.
Back on line (for a while anyway).

We lost power and phone, the phone is going in and out, and the power is still down. I have a generator but only run it a few hours a day. Cool the fridge, turn it off, and in a few hours repeat as needed.

We weathered the storm well. Ft Pierce got the highest winds in the area, 100mph, but that's nothing compared to the west coast. We missed the worst of it.

The phone company says they are running on generators (I assume at the end of the fiber optics) and that as the generator runs out of fuel, they have to go out and refuel it, so it will be off and on.

Power company says Sunday by 8:12 PM.

We live in a sparsely populated section of town. The lots are huge (averaging 50 acres) and there is one long road for 15 miles with only about 4 short branch streets. I'm on one of them. But since the power company doesn't pass many homes per mile, they can get more people on for the same amount of time in dense neighborhoods. So that's where they should work first.

We have water, and non-perishable food. We have a water well so when the generator is on we replenish the drinking water. I have enough gas to last until Friday, and stations are opening so that will be no problem.

We lost a lot of tree limbs, but nothing major. It took two days to clean up, but without phone or power, there was not much else to do.

The house held up well, it's seen worse than this. I still have one more storm shutter to take down, but I'll wait until we get power because it filters the sun coming in the picture window, keeping it a little cooler here.

My neighbor fishes the lagoon, and has done so for 60+ years. He says the ocean has risen about 9 inches since he was a boy, The banks of the lagoon took a beating, and the road caved in in a few places.

And whether or not you believe +97% of the climate scientists about climate change, I think it's still a good idea to limit our air pollution and plant trees.

Glad to hear others on the list are safe. I may be back soon or not. It depends on the DSL.

Notes

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks

#429725 - 09/13/17 10:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
And whether or not you believe +97% of the climate scientists about climate change, I think it's still a good idea to limit our air pollution and plant trees.

+1

#429801 - 09/14/17 04:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Very happy to hear from you Notes. As for trees...

https://www.newsforshoppers.com/record-amount-of-us-trees-number-highest-in-history/3673783/

The US is doing fine for trees, the problem is in the Amazon rain forest and southeast Asia:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/nov/15/amazon-deforestation-increased-one-third

Bob

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

PG Music News
User Blog - How to Make a Band-in-a-Box Backing Track (with Melody) Using a Lead Sheet

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post Create a Band-in-a-Box backing track with melody from a lead sheet is the perfect read for anyone looking to do just that!

She thoroughly explains the process - from selecting the song, finding the lead sheet, picking a style, and more! Even if you're well versed with the program, be sure to read this blog post - you'll want to bookmark it and share it with anyone you know who's new to the program!

Thank you Joanne for sharing!

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/create-a-band-in-a-box-backing-track-with-melody-from-a-lead-sheet

Vote for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - We've Been Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We are still over the moon with being nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

If you haven't had a chance to look over the nominees and place your vote, head to https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-awards - but hurry... the polls are only open until 23:59 PST on November 30th! (Winners will be annouced at the Winter NAMM show in January.)

The SOS Awards are held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Sound On Sound Awards - a list of 2017 Winners.

The Beginners Forum - Great Tool for New Band-in-a-Box® Users!

If you're new to Band-in-a-Box®, and looking for a Forum just for you, check out the Beginner's Forum! This forum is the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with the program.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the Beginners Forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too - we have a really supportive & helpful crew on the forums!

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=97&page=1

YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major

Another great video has been posted by EricBlackmonGuitar, and he uses his Band-in-a-Box beautifully for creating the backing tracks - see for yourself!

YouTube Video - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band In A Box Backing Track Key G Major

My Favorite Things - Seemingly Unlimited Flexibility!

We receive user feedback many ways, including our Facebook page, by email or phone, using the Comments tab on our Band-in-a-Box® pages, the My Favorite Things Forum, and more!

Like the great feedback recently posted by Al-David:
"I write and play in quite a few different genres. The flexibility BIAB gives me makes transpositions, from one genre to another, so easy and quick. A number of times I've created a piece, intending it to be a Smooth Jazz or Smooth RnB song. But when I generated the song, it just didn't work in the intended genre.

With a simple click of the Style Picker ... BAM! The song ended up as a pretty decent Pop song. I only had to replace a couple of instruments from the new style and alter a couple of chords..."
(read the full thread here.)

Post your feedback to our Forum - My Favorite Things - we'd love to hear it!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We're so excited that Band-in-a-Box® 2017 has been nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote! If you haven't had a chance yet, you can vote here... (the polls are open until 23:59 PST on November 30th)

Winners will be announced at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2018.

What are the SOS awards? Held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Happy National Saxophone Day!

Happy Birthday to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone! Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he pantended his saxophone creation!

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Plus, we have more than 180 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box by the following RealTracks Artists:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

We have more than 30 different RealTracks Sets that include Saxophone RealTracks - for a complete list, click here.

Forum Stats
26610 Members
50 Forums
48269 Topics
395192 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
westwoodmiller, Gravino2017, abenitez, Jazzist, Johnny Boy

26609 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 230
Matt Finley 204