You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#430333 - 09/19/17 12:12 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Using BIAB "Save as Video" function
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
The tip published by PG Music on the 18th of September was how to save your BIAB file as a video. I never knew this existed!! I think I might enjoy this feature....

Here is a basic backing track in C major for Amazing Grace. You can use this track to try and pick out the melody by ear or to just play and sing along to.

I am busy with an ear training course with Musical U and I think the folks there, that don't have band-in-Box, may enjoy these videos.

Amazing Grace Practice Track in C Major (folk swing 110 bpm)

#430364 - 09/19/17 05:38 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Fairly rockin' cool grin
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#430379 - 09/19/17 07:49 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

RealBand has that also now.
There's a free avi to mp4 converter here to convert the very large avi to smaller mp4 video:

Biab Songs On iPad/Tablets

#430478 - 09/21/17 12:03 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Band-in-a-Box is really the most awesome tool (as if we didnt know that!)

Someone on Musical U said they wished they had this track in a Hawaiian style. So bang, presto, change the style in BIAB, make a video and upload to Youtube. In about 5 minutes flat! Btw, he then asked if that was me on the Pedal Steel wink

Band-in-a-Box Amazing Grace practice track in C (Hawaiian swing 110 bmp)

Edited by JoanneCooper (09/21/17 12:03 AM)

#430480 - 09/21/17 01:17 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Germany/France
errr! Is it possible to DOWNLOAD the Utube video in Band in a Box in order to practise without internet? (incredible, you give them one feature and they just want more!!)
Bernard

#430481 - 09/21/17 01:21 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: Bernard]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Bernard Do you have and iphone, ipad or android phone? if so you can save the video to view when you are offline.

Here is how..

How to save a Youtube video Offline

Edited by JoanneCooper (09/21/17 01:22 AM)

#430482 - 09/21/17 01:27 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: Bernard]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#430483 - 09/21/17 01:45 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for a quick reply (dont you go to sleep at some time?!!).
Unfortunately, I do not have any of these devil devices!) Just have a computer in order to have fun with Band in a Box!!
Anyway, dont get stressed, it was just a question, of course I can stay tuned to UTube and follow "amazing grace" all right...
Rgds from Germany,
Bernard

#430485 - 09/21/17 01:59 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi bernard. I live in South Africa so it is mid morning here smile

You can use a screen capture program as mentioned by pipeline. I also use www.bandicam.com to make videos from m the screen. You can save it to your C drive and view whenever you want.

Otherwise you can copy the settings and make your own Biab file smile

Edited by JoanneCooper (09/21/17 02:01 AM)

#430486 - 09/21/17 02:18 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

What? you want me to do some manual work? (transcribing? like in the pre-computer era). You re not serious!
Anyway, all your tips noted, thanks a lot, carry on with the videos...
Rgds
Bernard

#430499 - 09/21/17 04:47 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: Bernard]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Just go here https://youtubemultidownloader.com/
and paste this link in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--jsfarT6M and it will let you download the youtube videos.

#430515 - 09/21/17 06:32 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

OK, worked perfectly, thanks for the tip...
Bernard

#430529 - 09/21/17 07:53 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Keep on with the great videos and help, Joanne! They're an incredible asset to many, as it would so seem smile

#430550 - 09/21/17 10:42 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Wow, how can you not know this feature was in there, Jo, it's been included for at least 3 years now! crazy

Anyway, since this method gives you the chords right into the video, it could potentially make those "educational" clips of your cover songs a whole lot simpler to make cool

p.s. I know you were just whipping out those two demos real quick for the sake of showcasing the feature, and that you're obviously busy with other things, and I'm nothing but a big nitpicker here and yadayada, but well...both of them have the wrong chord at the end smirk

Edited by Icelander (09/21/17 10:43 AM)
Edit Reason: Correcting mistakes

#430957 - 09/23/17 11:04 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Hi

I get an audio recording on the video but just a black screen for the video itself on my PC. I've tried different codecs and different dimensions. I just used 'Show video file' not 'Upload to Youtube'. I've got two screens, a TV and a monitor and I moved BIAB to both, but still just a blank screen. When I export from BIAB to Youtube. it works fine. See below: (I was just trying to demonstrate/test lyrics)

https://youtu.be/gCVg3q56Ols

Also, the BIAB Save as Video pop up screen hides behind the BIAB main screen. (I reckon that's a bug.) I also have to import it into Youtube. The drag option won't work.

Edited by lambada (09/24/17 05:51 AM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28081 Members
57 Forums
54455 Topics
450256 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
M1S1L, collcoll, Vocaloidgirl9980, boxx.dk, Boto

28080 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 180
David Snyder 143