You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#433194 - 10/12/17 01:32 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1.
RichTP Offline

Having a problem with Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1....
I bought this software 3 weeks ago and can't get the Loop feature to work.

Selecting Play from the top menu, then selecting Choose Loop Type from the dropdown menu gives the error message "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window at:004636c7".

The arrows above and below the Current Video Position bar can be dragged along but it doesn't affect the playback.
When the Loop button is highlighted and the arrows have been set, then pressing Play takes me back to the start of the video instead of looping.

I uninstalled the software, downloaded again in case my original download was corrupted, and re-installed, but the result is unchanged.

Also installed Update patch from your website and have also tried running in Windows Compatibility mode (Win8 then Win7) also without success.

The Help file also mentions dropdowns to define the start and end bars for looping, but I can't find this facility.

Any suggestions, please?

#433228 - 10/12/17 10:37 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1. [Re: RichTP]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Have you tried running Windows in Administrator mode? Close the program, right-click on the startup icon and select Run as Administrator.... see if this helps.

#433262 - 10/13/17 09:09 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1. [Re: RichTP]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
And just to be sure, make sure you are running the most recent patch.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#433582 - 10/15/17 10:54 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1. [Re: Noel96]
RichTP Offline

Thanks, Noel.
That made a bit of progress... now when I select Play -> Choose Loop Type, I get a quick flash of a dropdown menu which I think is asking how many bars to loop, but it quickly disappears before I get a chance to read it, then I get the usual message "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window at:004636c7".

I have reinstalled the program (as Administrator) with update patch in C:\bb folder as recommended by the software but the problem remains.

Richard.

#433583 - 10/15/17 11:14 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1. [Re: jford]
RichTP Offline

Thanks, John.
I reinstalled and made sure I had the latest patch, as you recommended, but problem still there, unfortunately.
Please see my reply to Noel.
I'm sure it must be a silly wee thing that's causing the problem, but it eludes me.

Richard.

#433594 - 10/15/17 01:48 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1. [Re: RichTP]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Richard,

I suggest that you send an email to support@pgmusic.com and, in that email, (a) briefly explain the problem and (b) include the url of this thread so that they can read more about what you've tried so far.

Unfortunately, I don't have this program on my present computer and so cannot try it. I'll have a look through past purchases and see if I can find it.

Regards,
Noel

#433689 - 10/16/17 06:53 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1. [Re: Noel96]
RichTP Offline

Thanks Noel,
As I suspected - the problem was something silly....

I messed around with the settings and got it to work......

Options -> General -> then UNTICK the box marked "Show captions for buttons on toolbar (if screen res is 1152 x 864 or higher)".

You then Restart the program and the LOOP WORKS!!!

Thanks Noel & John for your assistance.
Richard.

Edited by RichTP (10/16/17 07:23 AM)
Edit Reason: UPDATE - FIXED!!

#433708 - 10/16/17 08:43 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1. [Re: RichTP]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Glad you figured it out.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#433942 - 10/17/17 12:02 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Can't get LOOP facility to work in Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1. [Re: RichTP]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the added insight Richard.

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27840 Members
51 Forums
53050 Topics
440444 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 138