You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#438369 - 11/16/17 02:14 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Another great video has been posted by EricBlackmonGuitar, and he uses his Band-in-a-Box beautifully for creating the backing tracks - see for yourself!

#438439 - 11/17/17 04:04 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
I make backing tracks all the time.
music producer/engineer

#440216 - 11/24/17 08:16 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Not the original chord progression or musical style.

#441047 - 11/27/17 05:21 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major [Re: Callie - PG Music]
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Another good one, Eric.
Especially like how you don't try to
be all things, just get your point across.
(So many musical ideas, so little time. smile

Edited by edshaw (11/27/17 05:22 PM)
TEAC Digital deck
HD Stereo field recorder w/ clock

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
User Tip - Slowing Down and Looping Audio in Band-in-a-Box®

Forum user DeaconBlues09 created a video tutorial to help answer a fellow forum user's question:
Using the Audio Chord Wizard to tempo map, slow down, and learn the notes of an audio track - video link http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=R09Lf3bHjhQ

Forum thread: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467504

Thanks for sharing!

#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® 2006 for Windows Ear Training Fun!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2006 for Windows we added two great games for ear training: Pitch Invasion and Music Replay!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above (you hear the note sound, and click on the on-screen piano/MIDI or QWERTY keyboard to shoot them down).

Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

These games can still be accessed with newer versions of the program - in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 you'll find these by accessing the Practice Window or Ear Training Window, both located in the Window drop-down menu. The Practice Window can also be accessed using the Practice button within the main Band-in-a-Box screen (don't see it? CTRL+T to change the view).

Learn all about the features released with Version 2006 here.

Video: Exporting Audio Files in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Our latest video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - Exporting Audio Files Tutorial walks you through the different options to export your Band-in-a-Box® songs and song tracks from Band-in-a-Box® as an audio file (WAV, MP3, etc.)!

http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=_Px958TmzhA

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 516 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows customer can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#516

Summary of changes:
Improved: More RealTracks have HiQ transcriptions. Fixed Bass AmericanaSlow16thsByron bad chords.
Improved: The Audio Drivers dialog for WAS devices now shows Bit Depth in the device description.
Improved: WAS audio driver performance has been Improved when using 44.1 kHz sample rate.
Improved: Windows Audio Session error messages contain more specific information.
Updated: Misc. updates to StylePicker database, memos, manuals, help files.
Fixed: "BBW.LST not found" errors when using the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Fixed: "mono" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
Fixed: "normalize individual tracks" was only working for MIDI tracks.
Fixed: "One file per track" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
Fixed: Access violation on bootup if using a Roland audio interface (ASIO) that is not connected.
Fixed: Adjusting Melody or Soloist tracks to fit a new number of choruses was not undo-able.
Fixed: An access violation error might occur in the RealTracks Picker if quickly scrolling and double-clicking to hear demos.
Fixed: Changing a track name using the StylePicker mixer controls might open a hidden popup window.
Fixed: Changing the number of choruses was not undo-able.
Fixed: Clicking on the far left of the Guitar window would cause a "!!!!!" flash message to show.
Fixed: If adjusting the number of choruses in your song, choosing Cancel is ignored when asked, "OK to adjust Melody track to fit new # of choruses?".
Fixed: JazzBebopDannyBrushes sometimes out of sync.
Fixed: Panning the audio track did not work.
Fixed: Some Amplitube presets/styles/demos pointed to a preset which wasn't available in some installs.
Fixed: Some typos and omissions in RealDrums Picker.
Fixed: The [.STY] button in the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Fixed: The [Get Patch/Drum Kit Info] button in the MIDI drivers dialog would not find the synthesizer documentation.
Fixed: The About dialog was not showing the Fretlight Ready logo.
Fixed: The Audio Chord Wizard would always run in English.
Fixed: The busy mouse cursor might remain after analyzing audio with the Audio Chord Wizard.
Fixed: The PDF driver installer could not be launched from Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: The Plugins window would be too small when using plugins that have a small GUI.
Fixed: Using a Coyote DXi synthesizer (eg CoyoteWT or ForteDXi) might cause crackling/buzzing noise during playback.
Fixed: Using a multi speaker layout (eg. 4 speakers surround sound) instead of stereo might cause failure to connect to audio hardware with error -9996. This only happened when using WAS as audio driver type.
Fixed: Video rendering would fail if saved using Japanese characters in file name.
Fixed: When saving a Hybrid style for the first time, the File Save dialog should start in the Styles directory.

PG Music Inc. Newsletter - Stay In-the-Loop!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, or other PG Music Inc. products are released? Sign up for the newsletter at http://www.pgmusic.com/newsletter.htm.

If you purchased Band-in-a-Box® (or any other PG Music Inc. product) directly from us, you're already on the list!

Of course, we also announce new releases and specials on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pgmusicinc/), Twitter account (https://twitter.com/BandinaBox), and right here in our Forums!

Amazing Band-in-a-Box User Comments!

Great program with lots of support through the publisher and after-market. Use it for teaching, practicing, and gigging.
-Andrew L.

I just got my 6th film placement on a song recorded entirely in Band-in-a-Box. You guys rock!
-Terry Fernihough (Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist!)

I love this program. I have only had it for around a month but it has made things a lot easier for me. I no longer have to scour the internet for backing tracks. I just plug in the chords I want to use, find the style I want and done. Saving me so much time and being able to transpose into different keys is awesome too.
As the days go on I will be delving deeper into what it can do, importing some of my backing tracks into Abelton 9 to play with and writing some songs.
Best money I have spent on something in while.
-Peter S.

I started using Band-in-a-Box around 1990. It was the DOS version naturally and I used one of those old portable computers with dual floppy drives and a built in 9" monochrome display. I connected midi cables to a great sounding Yamaha keyboard and played my music using midi tracks. I did a demo for a university music class that was a lot of fun. Wow, it is almost unimaginable to see where this product has elevated to today. I have upgraded many times over the past 28 years but each time I am even more amazed. Thank you PG Music for being such a major part of my love for music all of these years!!!
-Dwayne G.

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "band in a box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy.
-Ilija B.

I’ve been using it for about the same time (20 years). I’m a trumpet player and just really want some backing on lead sheets. With the Real Styles - it sounds fantastic! Takes just minutes to input chord changes and find the right style. There is so much you can do and I love having the Soloist features to really add color.
-Mike B.

Read even more great feedback here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Danish Edition for Windows® is Here!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=da

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 til Windows er klar!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet mere end 50 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl. a. RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Loops, Artist Performances, Amplitube presets og dertil hørende stilarter, 12-tonearter RealTracks og Hi-Q Guitar Notation! Vi har tilføjet 202 nye RealTracks, hvilket er det dobbelte af de 101, vi ofte tidligere har udgivet! Vi introducerer Video RealTracks (40 i genrerne Country, Pop, and Jazz), som fungerer helt som RealTracks, men også har videoer af musikerne, mens de spiller! Vi har også lavet en ny Xtra Styles PAK 4 med 160 nye Xtra Stilarters. (Xtra stilarter er stilarter baseret på tidligere udgivne RealTracks). Der er mere end 200 nye RealStyles baseret på vores nye RealTracks bl.a. Americana, Klezmer, Top-40, Jazz stryger pads, Vokal (ooh og aah), Ny Crooner "Shout" BigBand stilart og meget mere! Vi har en Bonus 49-PAK med 40 ekstra ikke tidligere udgivne RealTracks foruden de 202 ovenfor nævnte, så alt i alt er der 242 nye RealTracks til rådighed! Bonus 49-PAK indeholder også Video RealTracks sæt 1 og 2, 32 nye MIDI SuperTracks, 108 nye Instrumental Studies, 52 Loops og 8 Artist Performances.

Forum Stats
27380 Members
49 Forums
51140 Topics
422281 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Oleg Ivanov, Anna Marie S, Musical Mafia, Alexander Alison, RicoRomero

27379 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 190
David Snyder 153