Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#442243 - 12/03/17 02:34 AM [User Showcase] "The Rain Song"
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
"The Rain Song" is the story of a husband -- somewhat of a homebody -- who is reluctant to walk in the rain with his free-spirited wife:

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=13663744&q=hi&newref=1

Style is: B140_GB.STY. Contemporary Med. Bossa / All RealTracks
Key of B (I think?), tempo @ 155, meter = 4/4

Craig Scott on Real Drums/Bossa Brushes
Neil Swainson on acoustic bass, RealTrack #464
Oliver Gannon on electric rhythm guitar, RealTrack #467

At the bridge, and at the end of the song, P. J. Perry solos on flute, Real Track #705, the "bluesy" variation, and also on alto sax, Real Track #475.

Intro flute solo is a Uberschall loop fragment.
MIDI strings & piano arrangement rendered by Miroslav Philharmonik.
MIDI vocal "Ooos" rendered by SampleTank Vocal Collection.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Of the lyrics, please note that the husband (me) sings the lyrics in that are in standard font; the wife (Courtney Grace, who recorded my recent song post, "How Do You Know When Someone Loves You"), sings the lyrics that are in italic font. Lyrics sung in unison and/or harmonized are in bold font.

VERSE ONE

Oh, look, it’s raining, and I don’t want to go out
Oh, stop complaining, my wife says with a pout
I’ve got the blues, dear, and of that there’s no doubt
I don’t want to go out in the rain

VERSE TWO

You could imagine, the rain is not what it is
How about champagne, dear – raindrops that fall with a fizz!
You are so clever, oh, yes, you’re some kind of whiz!
Now, let’s go out and go walk in the rain

REFRAIN(???)

The air smells like perfume
From flowers in full bloom!

(In unison, harmonized)
Everywhere the rain has fallen looks so new…
It’s not a strain to maintain that the rain is a good thing to view!

VERSE THREE

How nice the world is, when it’s dripping and wet
I’m glad you noticed, so you don’t have to fret
I know I love you, and on that you can bet
I’m so glad we went out in the rain

VERSE FOUR

The rain has stopped, now, and the sun is so bright
But it’s so hot, now, that I can’t wait for the night!
And I agree, dear, so there’s no need to fight
Let’s go home and stay cool in the dark.

ENDING VERSE

And then tomorrow we’ll go to the park…
Or, to the ocean and swim with the sharks…
Or to the sky where we’ll fly with the larks...
(ad-lib, or scat to fade out)

To those of you who listen to, and comment on the song, thank you. You're the best friends I'v never met laugh !!!

#442258 - 12/03/17 04:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
Torrey Bliss Online   content
Expert

Loc: Missouri
bluage, you did a wonderful job putting this track together! The way the male/female vocal parts work off of each other is professionally delivered ! This jazz track should be thoroughly enjoyed by anyone who's into the genre ( I'm one )! Great job working that flute into the song, it's what really give it sparkle! Thanks, Torrey

#442304 - 12/03/17 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool listen. Super vocals

#442324 - 12/03/17 10:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

Loren,
Wonderful musical conversation - Courtenay is a great singer and you sound so darn in sync together you could be, well- married!
Musically smooth and delightful use of the flute.
This is not my genre, so you`ll forgive me for saying the back and forth of the vocals reminded of Dan Hicks.
Needs several listens to catch the nuance.

Robert

#442329 - 12/03/17 11:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
Rob4580 Offline
Expert

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
This one ticks all the boxes. Good work guys.
Rob

#442411 - 12/03/17 03:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Hi Loren, wonderful duet and production all around. Certainly my kind of music.

Mike B.

#442502 - 12/04/17 04:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
HI Loren,

What a great song! the tightness of the vocals is fabulous! You and Courtney were splendid. Love the arrangement and the mix. This is kick-back and take it easy at a fast pace. I know, it sounds like a contradiction, but that's how it came across to me.

This is a great piece of musical entertainment and a terrific example of the flexibility of BIAB. What a super listen! Thanks for the treat! Wishing you the very best,

Alan

Our Website: http://doubletrouble-music.wix.com/our-songs

Instrumental Loops Website: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#442506 - 12/04/17 04:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

If someone told me this is a song written by Tom Jobim I would have certainly believed them. And for me this one of the greatest compliments - Jobim is a musical hero of mine.
Wonderful song Loren. Really really great.

#442538 - 12/04/17 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: Torrey Bliss]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Hi, Mr. Bliss...

Thank you for listening. Ms. Grace deserves the "lion's share" of your compliment on the "professionalism" you perceived in the song. She recorded her part remotely after I e-mailed the track to her.

Sincerely,

LOREN

#442539 - 12/04/17 08:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: Jon Thomas]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Mr. Thomas...

It would nearly impossible to speak about anything concerning bossa nova music without mentioning Antonio Carlos Jobim. Thank you for listening!

LOREN

#442540 - 12/04/17 08:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: Al-David]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Dear Alan...

You're welcome for the "treat", and thank you for listening!

LOREN

#442541 - 12/04/17 08:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: Scott C]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Hi, "Scott C"...

"Cool" certainly was something I was aiming for, thank you!

Concerning the vocals, Ms. Grace being a professional singer made me sound better, I'm sure.

Sincerely,

LOREN

#442543 - 12/04/17 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: Robertkc]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Hi, "Robertkc"...

I'll have to look Dan Hicks up and give him a listen, but if anything about "The Rain Song" reminded you of his music, then I must be in good company.

Thank you for listening!

LOREN

#442545 - 12/04/17 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: Rob4580]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

"Rob4580":

Thanks for the "ticks", and for listening to the song!

Sincerely,

LOREN

#442546 - 12/04/17 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: cubanpete]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Dear "Mike B."

From one "jazzician" to another, thank you for listening, sir!

Sincerely,

LOREN

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 505 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can update their version with the latest patch - Build 505.

This patch can be downloaded here.

Summary of changes for Build 505:

Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
Updated: Help file and manuals.
Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#505

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows... Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.
TIP: If you load one of the video RealTracks bands, you will have video RealTracks on 5 tracks, and you can make a video of 1-5 musicians!

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows packages during our December special.
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Holiday Special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: Video link - "Video RealTracks Sets 1-6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows"

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)! Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qDFYZMjrzAI

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until December 31st!

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 4 - Available for both Windows and Mac!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 4 with over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles! These new RealStyles will work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition.

To add to the excitement of this release, we're putting all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned with Band-in-a-Box® 2018, and is now built in to the program! Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app that was not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but now the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit Window!

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 2 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can download a small (free) patch update for their purchase!

Summary of patch update:
Access violation if clicking on Guitar Window or Big Piano when there isn't any notation window currently open.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_2

Forum Stats
26696 Members
50 Forums
48817 Topics
398965 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Phil Taylor, Poppins, Mannnolo, sebz77, KGU 2

26697 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 369