You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#444887 - 12/13/17 10:51 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] more Styles, please
w Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: somewhere in outer space
My Mac Band in a Box Audiophile 2017 style counter shows 5,478 styles .

Do we really need all those or do we really need to buy more ?

Working with 5 thousand styles is astounding and at times beyond comprehension.

Mac BBox 2017 Audiophile, MOTU Digital Performer, Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic Pro...and many more that i really have too many...

#445038 - 12/14/17 03:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: more Styles, please [Re: w]
CoolBreeze Offline
Enthusiast

+1, when 5,400 of them are country and jazz, I'd say those styles are pretty much covered! /s

Seriously though, having to wade through 5k+ variations of the same style really makes my day ... yes more alternate styles please.

Don't even mention the filters, when I can count on one hand the results I get when done filtering for taste. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying the current styles, but it's like the OP said astounding and beyond comprehension.

Windows 10 build 16299
2018 UltraPak
i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
RAM: 24 GB
Lexicon Lambda
Alesis VX49

#445101 - 12/14/17 10:01 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: more Styles, please [Re: CoolBreeze]
w Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: somewhere in outer space

You are correct CoolBreeze. I never thought that of that number of styles i have only about 78 are " other " genre.

Indeed it is fun to play/compose a Latin song selecting/using one of those Western Country twang styles with the demo that uses a Hawaiian guitar .

If i had the talent and temperament i could create my own style since Band in a Box provides the tools and instructions. There may even be a Window Band in a Box video to follow along.

Never the less I'm still puzzled how Band in a Box user can make use of 5thousand plus styles and then also spend more money buying more.

Never the less Band in a Box is still one of favorite music programmes ( speaking Mac of course ). More than often i use it to quickly sketch my musical ideas and compositions.

Edited by w (12/14/17 10:02 AM)
Edit Reason: additional comments

Mac BBox 2017 Audiophile, MOTU Digital Performer, Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic Pro...and many more that i really have too many...

#445136 - 12/14/17 01:47 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: more Styles, please [Re: w]
CoolBreeze Offline
Enthusiast

I don't know, but it does seem fun. I look forward to building up my collection. I'm also looking forward to going through each and every one of them trying to see what I can do with it.

Yeah they may all sound like the same style before, but once I'm done with them, I wouldn't be surprised the box walked out on me. Still it is quickly becoming my favorite on windows.

Windows 10 build 16299
2018 UltraPak
i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
RAM: 24 GB
Lexicon Lambda
Alesis VX49

PG Music News
Feedback - The Way I Use Band-in-a-Box and How It Changed My Music Career

Thank you to forum user Torrey Bliss for their amazing feedback, The way I use Band In A Box and how it changed my music career!

"I wanted to put up a post about how I got started using Band In A Box in order to help someone who is just getting started using the program to be be able to see the potential uses of BIAB for a musician and explain my procedure when composing a song.

I began using BIAB about 10 years ago after seeing some things online about the program and thought it might work for me. I had just accepted a staff position as a worship leader at a medium size church (250-300 people) and had been put in charge of all music. The problem I immediately encountered was that there were no available musicians to help me. This is where BIAB saved the day. I was able to quickly construct many professional sounding songs that I would be able to use in the services and play my guitar or keyboards along with and provide an excellent set of music for our church to sing along with..."

Read through the entire post to learn Torrey's procedure, and add your own feedback!
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452394

Song Titles Browser Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

In 2016, we added the Song Title Browser feature to the StylePicker within Band-in-a-Box, which filters the styles listed using your criteria: familiar song title, artist name, genre type.... with Version 2018 we made it even better!

We've added 2,000 new song titles, the option to filter the lists, added subgenres, and more! Visit http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm to see all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows.

YouTube Find - Triste - Hammond Organ + Band-in-a-Box®

Our latest search of "Band-in-a-Box" on YouTube has delivered some great videos, including this one by YouTube user Keith Horton!

YouTube Video - Triste - Hammond Organ + Band In A Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

Forum Stats
26979 Members
49 Forums
49760 Topics
407486 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Anxing, robertgalp, sheski1, Frank Levingston, prasopal666

26979 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 409
Matt Finley 284