You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#450596 - 01/12/18 05:56 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Ok, this one really has me perplexed!
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Wisconsin
A little while back I started to noticed while using headphones, tracks were dropping out and an overall decrease in volume in PT 2017. I noticed when I pulled the jack out slightly in my audio I/O device (Line 6 Pod Studio UX1 , where the headphones are plugged in) I could hear them again, but overall still decreased volume. I replaced all cables and the headphone cable. I also replaced my I/O device, thinking maybe the input jack for the headphones was wearing out. Same issue!
When I close PT, and listen to other music, everything is fine! That was yesterday. Today, launched PT and everything is fine!
Anybody out there have ANY idea what is going on?
Thanks as always, Bernie

#450709 - 01/12/18 03:36 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
If it happens again, open the Mixer and look at 2 sliders.

One is labeled A1 in the bottom right section. Push it up, have a good signal going out here.
The other lies between the Tracks side of the Mixer and the AUX/MainOut side, It's a lonely slider, out there on it's own, I think it's even unlabeled.
Not sure why it is there, but it does affect the output.

#450851 - 01/13/18 10:36 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

I think the unlabeled mixer you are talking about is the main that controls all the others at once, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
Interestingly today, I had the sMe problems. Also, when I closed all of my apps and just opened a movie on the internet, same issue - extremely low volume!

#450893 - 01/13/18 01:17 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Bernier
Also, when I closed all of my apps and just opened a movie on the internet, same issue - extremely low volume!

Yeah, that sounds like it isn't a PT issue. More likely a Windows setting.

#450906 - 01/13/18 02:01 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: rharv]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

I have noticed when I am playing a PT file only certain tracks play. Also, when listening to music or movies, only part of the audio is present. Not sure where even to begin on this one. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#450981 - 01/13/18 06:22 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Teunis Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
There have been many discussions on issues with audio particularly after Windows updates. Have you looked at them? Maybe the answer is there. For example the post Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update. However to me what you describe almost sounds as if it is hardware and you a losing a channel.

Tony

#451460 - 01/16/18 05:09 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Last resort - totally restoring my system to factory image. The I'm going to reinstall everything for music step by step and see what happens.
It's a good thing my system is almost new and there is nothing on it but software for making music!

#451541 - 01/16/18 12:17 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Reimaged my system reloaded everything, all seems to be fine now. Not sure what the issue is, I just hope I never see it again!
Thanks all for your help!
Bernie

#453769 - 01/26/18 05:56 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

The gremlin has returned after a couple days. Losing bass and overall volume. Did a system restore and no help. Talked to Dell and they think it may be a hardware problem. Shipping the CPU back to Dell. And the saga continues...

#453778 - 01/26/18 06:59 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Bernier,

Thanks for the continuing the updates. Most forum responses agree the issue is hardware related. So everyone is eager to know what Dell finds out.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#455170 - 02/01/18 02:59 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Update - I tried my headphones with my iPad and had the same problem as my music PC so it is not the PC. I noticed when I jiggled the headphone end of the Jack the problem disappeared. This is what I have suspected from the beginning. I actually had my headphones and associated cable replaced, and had the same problem.. I think it is a design issue in the headphones. Since the headphone cable has a microphone built in the cable, I thought that might be the issue because the Jack for my audio I/O (Line 6 UX1) probably dos not utilize this. I normally plug my headphones into the UX1.
My PC is capable of Bluetooth and my headphones are also wireless Bluetooth capable.
When I look for audio devices in my PC it lists the Line 6 UX 1 as my sound card. Since UX1 is plugged into my PC via usb, now I am wondering if my playback will be routed through the UX1 sound card and delivered wirelessly to my headphones. That would eliminate the cable issue. Gonna give it a try.....

#455335 - 02/02/18 04:23 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Yeah, I'm guessing it might work, but not how you are thinking it does.

I think the signal will be routing from the computer to the headphones directly. At that point the UX1 is no longer in the signal path between PT and the headphones.
It then becomes a Windows routing issue.

#464474 - 03/28/18 03:55 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Paj Offline
Apprentice

Headphone jacks are no longer all created equally. The fact that 3mm/eighth-inch headphone jacks have gradually become non-standard is one of the dirty little secrets of globalization and marketing focusing on cell phones rather than dedicated audio devices. Consumers more readily accept this crappy treatment than do professionals, which might explain why 1/4-inch jacks don't have nearly the same incompatibility issues.

Paj
8^)

#464836 - 03/30/18 07:37 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Paj]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Thanks for the response. I agree - it has shown itself to be a headphone jack issue.
Do you know where I can get a good replacement?
Thanks! Bernie

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28084 Members
57 Forums
54469 Topics
450412 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
omicloud, Iam Nemo, samaleksss, dhuntz, M1S1L

28084 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 193
Matt Finley 142