You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#454589 - 01/30/18 03:06 AM [Off-Topic] Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hello all

I recently tried out the new BIAB video tracks feature on the song "The Paradox of you". Here is a link to the original post in the user showcase http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=450119#Post450119

FJ suggested I did a blog post on how I went about putting this together so here it is.

How to use the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature

Comments and alternative suggestons are, as always, very welcome.

#454592 - 01/30/18 03:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Joanne,

Your January 2018 blog is great! You've put it together really well and explained everything simply and with lots of clarity. I found it an excellent read, and very informative.

Regards,
Noel

#454593 - 01/30/18 03:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Enjoyed reading the blog on creating your video track. I experimented early on but only with a signle track. I never even had the idea to include myself in the video. You did a great job.

#454596 - 01/30/18 03:58 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Mike Head Online   content
Journeyman

Hi Joanne

What a great post .
Thanks so much for your how to include external video, that was an eye opener for me.
I am off to look at NHC video pad.
Loved you song . great music nice vocal and your own harmonies.
All in all a very plesant visit.
Best regards
Mike
Cakewalk Magix Music Maker2014, NI Kontakt5 + VSTs

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#454644 - 01/30/18 07:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

This is awesome, Joanne! It is extremely informative and precise. I don't think I'd be able to do this any better. Thanks for making this, and sharing it here smile I can imagine this being extremely useful to many users.

#454647 - 01/30/18 08:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Nice job writing this up, Joanne...

Seems like it would be a great template for anyone else trying to do this. Appears to be a bit of a juggling act, but you make it look "doable" and nice that you are leading the way on this...

Will be looking for "the next one"...

fj

#454788 - 01/30/18 08:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Hi Joanne. A very useful presentation. It will make the whole process of trying it out much easier. I noticed a bit of a lag in the video tracks (sort of jumping), and I assume that is related to the system linking the video to the music in BIAB? Also, where do you put your photographers light? I could do with a bit of that as well! What a great idea!
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#454895 - 01/31/18 09:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I really enjoy your blog posts! I saw your use of the RealTracks in the user showcase and it was really cool to see someone on the forums putting them in to action. I think you did a really great job on them, and I love how you documented the experience in your blog post. Thanks so much for always putting in so much time and effort and love in to Band-in-a-Box.

#455022 - 02/01/18 12:12 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Noel - Thanks for reading it. We hope to see some more video tracks on the forum soon

Charlie - I would think that to include a video of yourself WITHOUT using an external video editing program would prove a little more difficult than my method. You would need to edit your own video very precisely (so that it starts at exactly the same time as the video Realtracks) before importing into Band-in-a-Box.

Mike - Thanks and let me know how you get on with NCH Videopad. To me it is a very powerful video editing program and lets me doing everything I want to do to make music videos.

Deryk - Thanks and I hope it will inspire others to try out this great new feature.

Floyd - Thanks for suggesting I do a blog post. I don't think I would otherwise have through of doing it. It was indeed a bit of a juggling act. In retrospect, I think it would have been easier to include all 6 video tracks in one video out of Band-in-a-Box and to leave a "blank space" to drop in the video of me recording vocals at a later stage (using my video editing software). I hope you try it out and I will definitely be doing more.

Lambada - yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video. Tou can imagine that it somehow has to be coherent for MY choice of chords, key and tempo. Blows my mind actually and I think they have done an amazing job.

Ember - It is me that should thank you guys at PG Music for all the dedication in bringing us the VERY best in music generation software.

#455023 - 02/01/18 12:16 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada - You asked about my photographers light. I have it on the shelf just above my head. (I will post a photo shortly). My research into better lighting revealed that actually you need THREE lights. One on each side at about head height and one behind you pointing at the wall so get rid of the shadow!! I dont think you need these expensive photographers lights though. You can get away with mounting normal desk lights and using LED type globes.

#455062 - 02/01/18 06:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Ta muchly. I bought NCH Videopad along with a load of other NCH stuff (debut, switch, mixpad, wavepad etc etc) and now that I'm finally starting to use Videopad, my code is out of date. I always upgrade to get the latest versions, but 6 months comes around too quickly and then you have to re-purchase. It may be time to flick some of their products like mixpad and zulu.

#455069 - 02/01/18 06:23 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada you shouldn’t have to repurchase? I never have. Maybe contact them first. The “free” version does eventually run out but once you have bought it you should be good

#455179 - 02/01/18 03:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video.

Joanne, you did a really great job of demoing this feature but this video jerkiness, along with limited selection of tracks, makes this new feature a non-starter for me. I'm sure it was a lot of work to produce but honestly, I'd much prefer to watch you and your guitar and listen to your lovely voice! The jerky, hands-only videos are just a one-off novelty IMHO.

#455200 - 02/01/18 06:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

If you keep upgrading, you'll find that after 6 months you have to purchase the next 'upgrade'. It's a good idea to download the versions you get within the 6 month period so that you can use the latest upgrade for free. Then if you upgrade and can't use it except in demo version, you can go back to a version that your code still works for. It's worth trying all different combinations as well because the prices vary depending on what you purchase with what. I decided to drop Mixpad as I'll never use it. Some of their products are free if you use non commercial versions. I had to get the new Videopad and debut programmes but at a discounted price. Videopad has gone to Version 6, so no free upgrade. I see now they are offering a monthly / Quarterly upgrade path for Videopad as an option.

#455289 - 02/02/18 10:42 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada - Thanks for explaining this. I guess I have never upgraded... never paid for anything except the initial purchase.

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51886 Topics
428737 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 347
Noel96 156