You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#455856 - 02/05/18 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Magical Voyage
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Magical Voyage

As you sit by the babbling brook you become hypnotized by the water's flow and the red and golden fall leaves slowly falling and cascading downstream. Your mind is drifting away on a magical voyage.

BiaB style = Oceans-Very Slow New Age

I deleted the drums and slightly modified the rest of the tracks to better fit the song.

I am playing the leads on my MIDI keyboard controller.

Let me know what you think.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#455871 - 02/05/18 05:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
You have a wonderful musical mind Mario! This is a really dreamlike piece that certainly puts one in a hypnotic frame of mind! The harp part was an inspired choice! Thanks, Torrey

#455910 - 02/06/18 12:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
PeterF Offline
Expert

Loc: Sydney Australia
Mario

A lovely meditative piece. Beautifully put together and arranged.
Very nice indeed.

Peter

#455965 - 02/06/18 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Very well done, Mario! It sets a really calming mood. I'd imagine this sounding perfect in a movie or video game, since it has a very cinematic feeling to it. The name you chose for this is definitely suiting! It makes me think of Enya a little bit.

Thanks for sharing smile

#455997 - 02/06/18 09:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
jannesan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Finland
Great mood, lovely chord progression and the melody sung by those angels is really captivating - I feel like I'm entering heaven smile You have done really good job to create this strong emotional voyage.

Janne

#456033 - 02/06/18 12:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
That is deep, dude. Ethereal. Really tasteful chord changes. I can see Stevie Nicks in her witchy clothes doing this.

#456039 - 02/06/18 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Very nice and meditative sound.
Excellent composition very well produced.

One of your best for me.

Sergio

Sergio

#456053 - 02/06/18 03:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Mario Buddy, that's exquisite. The Choral is magical. Thanks pal a real winner

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#456158 - 02/07/18 04:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Mario,

Very nice. Terrific new age music. Relaxing, meditative...

It occurred to me while listening to this how VERY good your mixes on this type music are. SO good, in fact, that one does not even THINK about it as it goes by. Transparent. The ultimate in mixing. Bravo.

fj

#456173 - 02/07/18 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Dan Gipson Offline

New enough not to feel to stupid when I ask: how did you access the style you used? I have BIAB 2017 plus, and while if I want to create a jazz bluegrass country etc. I have more choices than I want, I haven't come across anything like new age. Don't have a big enough package? Haven't looked hard enough? Love the piece, Mario

#456185 - 02/07/18 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
floyd really said it regarding the mix. If you don't think about it when listening then everything is, indeed, good.

This song was perfect for morning coffee and looking out the music room window at our forest. And the wind chimes were adding a nice touch to your song.

Nice!

J&B
J&B Website

#456202 - 02/07/18 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Well Mario,

I drifted up into the sky and fell out of earth's orbit, so I guess I will catch you on the other side bro.

Thanks for the song man. I see stars, and it's really, really cold, but I see an orange rock, and maybe there is some food over there, but I also see fire, so I dunno.

But man, I hope we'll see one another again!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.musicdealers.com/artist/davidsnyder

#456216 - 02/07/18 09:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Torrey Bliss]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
You have a wonderful musical mind Mario! This is a really dreamlike piece that certainly puts one in a hypnotic frame of mind! The harp part was an inspired choice! Thanks, Torrey

Thanx so much Torrey. The nice thing about MIDI is that you can change sounds and modify the notes. That is what I did with the harp.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456217 - 02/07/18 09:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: PeterF]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Mario

A lovely meditative piece. Beautifully put together and arranged.
Very nice indeed.

Peter

Thanx Peter. Every once in a while I get into a New Age mood so I have to write something either New Age or Ambient.

#456218 - 02/07/18 09:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Very well done, Mario! It sets a really calming mood. I'd imagine this sounding perfect in a movie or video game, since it has a very cinematic feeling to it. The name you chose for this is definitely suiting! It makes me think of Enya a little bit.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanx Deryk. I was hoping for a calming mood scenario. Enya was very good at that!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2018 Build 5 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 customers can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_5

Summary of Changes for Build 5
Added: When generating the input file for saving as an MGU/SGU SongMode128= is saved to the input file.
Added: Localization support for 2018.
Added: flyby hints to new dialogs.
Fixed: Save As with a filename greater than 128 chars could cause an error 123 plus access violation.
Fixed: Rebooting RealBand after a filename with 128 chars was saved could cause an access violation.
Fixed: Pressing the Change button in the Event List Window could result in an access violation if an event was not a Note event.
Fixed: When running in Win 10, and using BBW or PT to generate audio harmonies, an error would occur saying that you need BB 2011 or PT 12 to generate audio harmonies.
Fixed: Midi Thru Method was not being saved to the .INI file. It always reverting to Track-Specific when booting up RealBand, even if the user manually changed the setting to Global in the Midi Thru Settings dialog.
Fixed: Delete All Notes on This Peg menu item in notation window right-click menu was missing.
Fixed: Potential crash on exit (having to do with the DLL attempting to free up a dynamic array that was passed to it).

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 512 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download the latest free patch update here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#512

Summary of changes for Build 512 since 510 (Feb 15 2018):
Fixed: "Load SoundTrack Song" and "Load song with RealDrums Audio" buttons in the Sound Track dialog were not working.
Fixed: After returning Band-in-a-Box to factory settings the File Open dialog would default to the bb\Data\Lib directory.
Fixed: Choosing a custom chord sheet font would ignore any color choice made in the font selection dialog.
Fixed: Drum names were sometimes truncated in the RealDrums MultiDrums and Quicklist dialogs.
Fixed: Exporting a MIDI file might cause the error, "MIDIConv.exe no found".
Fixed: Mixer changes were not undoable, and would not cause user to be prompted to save their song when exiting.
Fixed: Static in RT2438 and other various RealTracks fixes.
Fixed: StylePicker database various updates. Some styles were displaying the wrong feel (swing/even) in notation. A few styles incorrectly showed missing Drums.
Fixed: The audio latency setting would increase every time leaving the Windows Audio Devices dialog.
Fixed: The Download Manager folder name defaulted to 2016 instead of 2018.
Updated: Help file.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is Here!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is here! PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 includes many new features and enhancements:

Windows Audio (WASAPI) driver support. This allows for low latency audio recording/playback without requiring ASIO. Note that this supports 1 stereo input plus 1 stereo output at a time. For multiple inputs/outputs, you should continue to use either MME or ASIO.

ABC Notation format support. You can save a track of notation in a popular ASCII text format to import into other programs, or you can paste this format into a user forum as a way of sending the track (usually the melody and chord symbols) to other users without having to attach a file.

The built-in Audio Chord Wizard detection in the Chords window automatically detects the chords of the song, based on the audio data from all non-muted audio tracks. This works similar to the standalone Audio Chord Wizard, except that it uses the current bar lines of the existing song.

Notation Enhancements:
-X/8 time signature support. This is a special method of displaying 6/8, 9/8, or 12/8 time signatures in the Notation window.
-The Duplicate previous chord in notation right-click menu lets you quickly duplicate the previous chord (group of notes on same peg) without having to reenter it.
-Delete highlighted notes in notation right-click menu lets you delete all highlighted notes.
-Delete all notes on this peg in notation right-click menu lets you delete all notes on the nearest peg that was clicked on.
-You can now enter Section Numbers. Previously, you could enter letters (A-Z) only, but now you can also enter numbers (1-9).

...a full list of the new features in PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is available at http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.features.htm

http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

#TBT - The Beginning of Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box®

We released the much-loved Xtra Styles PAKs in August 2016! This release included 164 RealStyles for Jazz, Country, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter and worked with any Band-in-a-Box® 2016 or higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Xtra Styles PAKs were such a hit... we couldn't stop making them! Since their introduction, we've released 3 more PAKs with a total of over 600 Xtra Styles in all!

Want to hear what other program users are doing with their Xtra Styles? Visit our Xtra STyles Contests forum to hear all the songs submitted during previous song contest we've had: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=102&page=1

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and listen to their demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win.

Band-in-a-Box® Customer Feedback - Feel The Love!

Check out some great feedback we've received on our Facebook account from program users:

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box for years. It is the anchor of my music gigs as well as my fun in my studio. I have used other software but Band-in-a-Box is my main go to."
-Jack T.

"Love Band-in-a-Box. As someone who played professionally for 20 years and retired from live performing years ago, I still love music. Band-in-a-Box allows me to create fun arrangements which I can sing over or play over. There are THOUSANDS of different variations plus you can enter any chords you like and create any chart. It's also great for creating background tracks for videos and audio content for websites, training etc. And like everything else in the world . . . it may not be right for everyone. For those who love music and don't have the time to shed five or six instruments it's way cool."
-Vinnie R.

"This program has completely changed my playing for the good. I can experiment with playing chords and leads over various scenarios that I can quickly create and change. Love this program. I use it nearly every day."
-Dave R.

"I bought my first version in 1994 and have progressed to 2018 version. I use it to create backing tracks for live music performance. I currently have over 2,000 songs performance ready. If you can and type, and use mouse it will work for you."
-Roger M.

"The premiere reason for me for buying this program; it has given me the freedom to fully complete the foundation for my songs without the confinement of limited minded musicians. After the song concept is complete, it can then be presented those musicians to play as a cover song. Also writing a song with a band gives them partial ownership of your idea... not cool... especially since they may have fought your idea every step of the way.. Every member of an organized band should own a copy of this program to compose or to even give legitimate composition alternatives to the original songwriter."
-Paul V.

Thanks everyone!

Support for ABC Notation Format in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

ABC notation is the simple text-based notation system used by musicians worldwide to store chords, melody, and lyrics of songs. Now with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows you can open and save songs in ABC notation format!

To save the song in ABC notation format, press the [Save As] toolbar button and choose Save as ABC notation file from the menu. Once opened, select a track that you want to save and choose your other criteria - The [Copy to clipboard] button will copy the file to the clipboard (that you can then paste it into other programs). The [Save as File] button will let you type a name and select the destination in your hard drive.

Band-in-a-Box® Song Title Browser Requests Forum

Have you stumped the Song Title Browser feature in the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker?

If you tried to search for a popular song and this feature didn't offer you any listings, we'd love it if you'd let us know in our Wishlist forum here.

Posting your requests to this forum really does work - we used it to increase the database with the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 release!

Forum Stats
27105 Members
49 Forums
50245 Topics
412291 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Tuneslayer, donalcert, Hugh Wages, wkamen, maforbaaby300

27105 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 299
Matt Finley 279