You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#456365 - 02/07/18 11:24 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Repeatts an DS not playing nice
Stratso Offline
Enthusiast

Hello

I transposed a song from a chord sheet. The form is:
AABA solo (over A1 A2) BA Vamp. A1 and A2 chords are identical except for the last measure. Or maybe a little clearer: AABA AABA Vamp With the solo over the second AA

The way that it is done in the Ireel pro is: A1 has repeat bars and 2 endings. Then there is a Segno on measure one of A1 and a coda at the end of the last measure of A3 with vamp verses following.

When I try to enter this setup (the repeat bars and 2 endings are in place on A1) BiaB tells me that I can't put a repeat inside of a repeat. Is there a way around this or do I have to do away with the repeats and 2 endings on A1 & A2 and just longhand them?

Also after setting up the repeat/2 endings on A1 the repeat bars are red and I don't have a grayed out A2. I'm guessing that indicates some sort of problem.

Thanks

#456373 - 02/08/18 02:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Repeatts an DS not playing nice [Re: Stratso]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Stratso,

Have a read through the below thread abd the link that I give in the second post in the thread. While it doesn't deal with DS, it might help.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=454901

Also...

Rather than set BIAB out in terms of sheet music, it's often much easier to simply lay the song out in a once-through format. If you have a look at the following song of mine, you'll see what I mean by that.

https://vimeo.com/143978481

With copy and paste, laying a song out linearly from start to end is very easy and way less convoluted than using repeats, DS, DC, etc.

Regards,
Noel

#456403 - 02/08/18 05:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Repeatts an DS not playing nice [Re: Noel96]
Dave Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I do this on a regular basis.
I create the song in the linear format, as Noel suggests. I make sure this plays exactly as I want. I do not use tag endings - ever.

Then I use the repeats / endings process to create a workable print l fake sheet layout. Since this is essentially a print function it doesn't mess with the original song. You do have to make sure that the start bar, the start of the ending, and the length of the ending are correct especially if the endings are of different lengths.

You can then add a DS as needed. You will need to know where the DS starts (after which bar), where the sign should be, and BIAB will print the capo after the last bar.

The print can be confusing sometimes such as repeats within repeats. Remember it's a print function - the song will always play as you laid it out originally. I just colour code the repeats with a marker. Red returns to red, blue goes back to blue.

You can also uses repeats (not 1st ending), but for some reason the DS won't print (the sign and the coda marks are thee), but again the song plays correctly.

#456714 - 02/09/18 09:22 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Repeatts an DS not playing nice [Re: Stratso]
Stratso Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to enter everything long hand (linear) to get these projects done to use as backing tracks for practice and come back later and see what I can do to compress it for the lead and chord sheets. I need to hit the books and get a better understanding of these functions.

PG Music News
#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Video - Using the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box®

We've just updated our StylePicker video tutorial - see the latest version here.
This video uses Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, however all of the functions are applicable to the Mac version.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 5 - All Xtra Styles are On Sale Until August 31st!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 includes over 160 fully-mixed styles in 4 volumes: Rock-Pop 5, Jazz 5, Country 5, and MIDI 1. Learn more about these new RealStyles with our latest video: click here to view

During our Xtra Styles PAK special, we're offering some GREAT sale pricing on ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs!

$29 each: Xtra Styles PAK Volumes 1-5 (reg. $49) or for a limited time purchase ALL 5 for only $99!

$49: purchase the Xtra StylesPAK + Unreleased RealTracks bundle (reg. $79). The "Unreleased RealTracks" refer to the 40 Bonus RealTracks included in the 2018 49-PAK - a great purchase option if you did not add the 49-PAK to your UltraPAK or Audiophile Upgrade during our Version 2018 release special.

$119: Xtra Styles PAKs 1-5 + Unreleased RealTracks - limited time offer

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAK 5, listen to demos, or purchase today:
Xtra Styles PAKs for Windows
Xtra Styles PAKs for Mac

Forum Stats
27823 Members
51 Forums
52974 Topics
439621 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
brothert67, Robertbudpratt, BennyP, Musicmanicny, LionelNeufTrois