You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#456931 - 02/11/18 06:04 AM [RealBand] Try to understand how to use RealBand to enhance MIDI tracks
Strummer911 Offline

I brought a BIAB song that features a solo into RealBand and it looks like there's two tracks for the solo: a MIDI track and a generated audio track that greatly improves on the MIDI track.

My question is this: if I ask another MIDI track to my song in RealBand, how can I manually do the same thing to the MIDI track that either RealBand or BIAB did automatically, that is turn it into an improved audio track without changing the notes (as selecting a RealTrack appears to do)?

I would appreciate any help you can provide. I am very new at both BIAB and RB.

#456933 - 02/11/18 06:23 AM [RealBand] Re: Try to understand how to use RealBand to enhance MIDI tracks [Re: Strummer911]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
How was this Solo created in BiaB?
It sounds like RB may have generated a RT and also generated the RealChart for the RT. A Realchart is a MIDI track that holds the notation for the RT and often its label starts with RC.

Or are you saying that track played the same notes as it did in BiaB but it just sounds better?

#456977 - 02/11/18 09:47 AM [RealBand] Re: Try to understand how to use RealBand to enhance MIDI tracks [Re: rharv]
Strummer911 Offline

Thanks for your response. No sign of RC in the track name. Basically, I am saying the MIDI track plays the same notes as the audio track, so how can I do the same for other MIDI tracks that I add myself?

#456996 - 02/11/18 10:46 AM [RealBand] Re: Try to understand how to use RealBand to enhance MIDI tracks [Re: Strummer911]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
What's the name and number of the Realtrack?

I'll check it out.

#457081 - 02/11/18 04:36 PM [RealBand] Re: Try to understand how to use RealBand to enhance MIDI tracks [Re: Strummer911]
rharv Offline
Veteran

In RB you can assign any given MIDI track to any given 'Port'. These Ports in turn get assigned a synth.

So if you record a MIDI track you can make any synth or sound play it.

In other words, you can use a generic GM synth for the basic MIDI tracks, and then assign any other MIDI track to a (different) 'Port', which can then get assigned to any available synth. So any MIDI track can use any available synth.
For soft synths, this means you can have multiple copies of the same synth open but using different sounds (by having separate instances running on separate Ports)..

Lots of flexible routing options in RB.

#457927 - 02/17/18 06:21 AM [RealBand] Re: Try to understand how to use RealBand to enhance MIDI tracks [Re: rharv]
Strummer911 Offline

Thanks rharv. Can you briefly tell me how to assign a MIDI track to a port and how to assign a port to a synth? Thanks so much

#457930 - 02/17/18 06:43 AM [RealBand] Re: Try to understand how to use RealBand to enhance MIDI tracks [Re: Strummer911]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Just a sec, I have some screen shots somewhere.

Right-click a MIDI track and select Port.
The top Ports in the list will be hardware.
Below those 16 will be the softsynth ports.
At the very bottom will be the default synth port.

Attachments
RBPorts.jpg

Edited by rharv (02/17/18 06:46 AM)

#458004 - 02/17/18 02:17 PM [RealBand] Re: Try to understand how to use RealBand to enhance MIDI tracks [Re: rharv]
Strummer911 Offline

Thanks so much rharv

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27997 Members
57 Forums
54109 Topics
446403 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
gianni2007, SP3, Kevyn285, nitz, smokinhalfnote

27996 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 183