Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#459939 - 03/02/18 05:56 AM [Off-Topic] Anyone here on Musicoin??
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
My songwriting partner has been approached by someone offering her an account over on Musicoin, https://musicoin.org/for-musicians

Does anyone here have an account there or have an opinion about this site?

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#459947 - 03/02/18 07:25 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I heard about this a while back, and it peaked my interest. I've never met anyone who uses it but I can definitely see how it'd be beneficial. I'd love to hear some feedback from any user's who have potentially used it before.

#459955 - 03/02/18 07:48 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Maybe I'm a fog head this morning but from first quick look it seems a bit complicated. I think I'd stick with distribution that deals in good old real money unless somebody explains it to me better than their homepage.
My Videos

#460387 - 03/04/18 09:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
I think they just threw out a large net as I know many people, even lil old me, who have been "offered" an account there. Other than that I am sort of like Schultz, "I KNOW NOTHING"!

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#460481 - 03/04/18 04:48 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
I've signed up as I already dabble in cryptocurrencies. It's would probably be a bit of a leap if you're not familiar with blockchains and cryptocurrencies etc. I'll keep you posted if it seems of interest. A possible brave new musical world or so they'd like us to think.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#460556 - 03/05/18 04:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: lambada]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: lambada
I've signed up as I already dabble in cryptocurrencies. It's would probably be a bit of a leap if you're not familiar with blockchains and cryptocurrencies etc. I'll keep you posted if it seems of interest. A possible brave new musical world or so they'd like us to think.

Yes, please do.

#461007 - 03/07/18 11:32 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi All

Since I am already interested and investing in crypto currencies, I am also trying out musicoin. I was invited by the guy who mixes some of my music who has already had quite a good experience there.

I have loaded a song and posted it to the user showcase forum. Here is a direct link to the song

https://musicoin.org/nav/track/0x83988a2967206002e55e36003a64658048c6ba34

I will keep you posted with the progress. It does seem a little complicated to covert musicoin to cash, you probably have to convert to bitcoin first and then have a bitcoin "wallet" that you can convert to hard currency with which you can buy some wine.I will let you know when I have managed to buy a glass of wine with my music smile

#461009 - 03/07/18 12:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

My songwriting partner went ahead and created an account for us over there and uploaded a few of our songs. So far she has made $14.00 in Musicoins over a period of four days.

So, might be a good thing?? Very interesting concept, no question about that.

#461057 - 03/07/18 07:55 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

That is great news Dave. I certainly think that the blockchain could be used for music distribution. Did she manage to convert that to hard currency yet?

#461080 - 03/08/18 02:44 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

She hasn't tried as far as I know, I think she is just going to let it ride for now.

She is up to 1630 musicoins as of this morning, which is supposed to be worth $34.57 USD, that number must be based on the current market value of a musicoin.

So, seems like there may be something there, I haven't seen any obvious pitfalls yet.

#461107 - 03/08/18 05:34 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
J&B Website

#461111 - 03/08/18 06:04 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: Janice & Bud]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Stopped reading after the first line when they referred to Ethereum as a crypto currency. If they are going to write an article bad mouthing a whole technology then they need to get the basic facts straight first

#463959 - 03/24/18 04:58 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
My songwriting partner has been approached by someone offering her an account over on Musicoin, https://musicoin.org/for-musicians

Does anyone here have an account there or have an opinion about this site?

A good indicator to look for in the world of crypto-currency is if the company has a White Paper document. A White Paper is a general blueprint of what the team wants to do with the project and usually has anticipated deadlines. Its by no means a definitive indicator on how well it will do, but it shows a bit more credibility. I am intrigued to see how this coin develops in the future.

Always do your own research before making any investments.

#464074 - 03/25/18 02:12 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
So here's the deal, if everyone on the BIAB forum can send me their secret info, private data and logins I will send you a blockbit crypto license keyswitch to add a hot key standone zipkit for a bitcoin tranfer to:

david.egypt.kremlin@cyrptoknot

I need to be out of the country for a few years but I swear I will explain all of this when I get back.

Kidding!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Dave, can I have some of that coffee? It is coffee, right? You wouldn't have poured a Foster's Oil Can in there I'm sure, right??

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#464364 - 03/27/18 10:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: David Snyder]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

P.S. Dave, can I have some of that coffee? It is coffee, right? You wouldn't have poured a Foster's Oil Can in there I'm sure, right??

Ha ha! Good catch, not sure how you guessed but it is indeed beer. That picture was taken in Cuba a few years ago.

#468604 - 04/23/18 03:20 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

One question please?

but when they say that I must have the rights of my song it means that I have to register it somewhere befire or it is enough I created the song and posted it somewhere as "Soundcloud" or "Pg Music forum"?

thanks for replies but I have never approached this subject.

Sergio

Sergio

#468610 - 04/23/18 03:57 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
They have an interesting business model. Apparently some folks including myself who are Apple users are not able to play songs from the site. I'm an avid music streamer and this is the first time on ANY site I've ever encountered this. And yes, I have a new iMac, with the latest OS and the most recent version of Safari. And no, it is not a flash issue. Meh.

Bud
J&B Website

#468624 - 04/23/18 05:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: David Snyder]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
So here's the deal, if everyone on the BIAB forum can send me their secret info, private data and logins I will send you a blockbit crypto license keyswitch to add a hot key standone zipkit for a bitcoin tranfer to:

david.egypt.kremlin@cyrptoknot

I heard this was invented by a prince in Nigeria.....

#468629 - 04/23/18 05:59 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

One question please?

but when they say that I must have the rights of my song it means that I have to register it somewhere befire or it is enough I created the song and posted it somewhere as "Soundcloud" or "Pg Music forum"?

thanks for replies but I have never approached this subject.

Sergio
Sergio, Copyright rules differ between countries so your question is difficult to answer. Generally speaking though a formal copyright issued by a government is easier to enforce should there be a need to go to court.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#468653 - 04/23/18 09:17 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone here on Musicoin?? [Re: Janice & Bud]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
They have an interesting business model. Apparently some folks including myself who are Apple users are not able to play songs from the site. I'm an avid music streamer and this is the first time on ANY site I've ever encountered this. And yes, I have a new iMac, with the latest OS and the most recent version of Safari. And no, it is not a flash issue. Meh.

Bud

Others have said it works fine on their Apple devices. I know sometimes I'll have issues getting it started on my Android phone but all you have to do is simply press the play button on the bottom of the screen.

www.sammycountry.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27971 Members
57 Forums
53954 Topics
445631 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Gabbiano, javah, THE PEA IS FREE, thai le, Jeumsoo/Byun

27971 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 149