Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#461076 - 03/08/18 12:01 AM [User Showcase] “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, forum friends.

In January of this year we had a project to make songs to Joanne's lyrics “The Paradox Of You” in this forum, and I also participated in it with a vocaloid Avanna’s vocal.
To my great honor, Joanne herself has decided to sing my version.
As FAWM was over she can take time to record her vocal.
The recording was completed the other day, so I would like to introduce it to you.
Joanne was a little worried that she had not a jazz type voice, but I think she presented a wonderful vocal.
Any comments encouraged.
Always welcome.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Vocal: Joanne Cooper

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/the-paradox-of-you-joanne-version

Style is _ALLEYS [Alleys Electro Bossa Soul Rhythm]
RealTracks in style: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 920:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Rumba Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2818:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm GospelSoul8thsBrent Ev16 110
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance/House - crunchy_120_drums ev16.wav
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: BossaRockFull^2-a:Brushes , b:HiHat
Guitar Solo: 2817:Guitar, Electric, Soloist SmoothSoulFast16thsBrent Ev16 110

The Paradox of You
(J. Cooper – S. Adachi)

Listening to the pouring rain
I know the sun will come
Light from dark and dry from wet
When wintertime is done

I see myself as the earth
And you the vast blue sky
Sometimes I keep you grounded
And you just let me fly

You are my true harmony
the balance that I find
through the windows of my days
In corners of my mind

Sometimes you’re the thick and long roots
growing in the night
Sometimes I’m the brilliant green leaves
bathing in your light

I love it when we talk
I love the silence too
I love the yin and yang of life
The paradox of you

You are just my harmony
the balance that I find
through the windows of my days
In corners of my mind

Sometimes you’re the thick and long roots
growing in the night
Sometimes I’m the brilliant green leaves
bathing in your light

In and out, hot and cold
Fear and courage, young and old
Good and bad, salty sweet
Up and down, messy neat

I love it when we talk
I love the silence too
I love the yin and yang of life
The paradox of you

Listening to the pouring rain
I know the sun will come
Light from dark and dry from wet
When wintertime is done

I see myself as the earth
And you the vast blue sky
Sometimes I keep you grounded
And you just let me fly

#461099 - 03/08/18 04:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
Hi Shigeki Adachi

Joanne Cooper has a nice rhythmic
vocaloid voice. Song flows nicely.
Great project keep up the good work!

#461127 - 03/08/18 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - you did an unreal job on this one, animarorecords! The groove, and the way everything flows together is superb. It is super catchy, in the best possible way. You got my toe tapping in about 10 seconds with this one. After a few listens I could imagine myself singing along too.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#461200 - 03/08/18 03:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Shigeki

I think you have accidentally linked this to the Vocaloid version - doesn't sound like Joanne.

Peter

#461208 - 03/08/18 05:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: PeterF]
Expert

Hello, Peter

Thank you very much for informing me about the wrong version.
I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file to Soundcloud by mistake.
I replaced it with a correct sound source immediately.
The link is the same as it is, but now the correct sound source will be played.
If you do not mind, please listen to the correct version of Joanne once again.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461209 - 03/08/18 05:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, LPman

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
But, I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file sung by vocaloid, Avanna to Soundcloud by mistake.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461210 - 03/08/18 05:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, Deryk

Thank you very much for really nice comment.
But, I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file sung by vocaloid, Avanna to Soundcloud by mistake.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461233 - 03/08/18 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Shigeki & Joanne,
This was such lovely jazzy interpretation of the lyrics- it was good in the vocaloid version, now its much better!
Joanne`s vocal shows how classy the tune is... like something from a romantic 50`s movie.
I hope you get together again!

Robert

#461264 - 03/09/18 12:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Shigeki & Joanne

Very nice work - lovely arrangement and backing - nice to hear Joanne sing another version of her song.
Excellent work.

Peter

#461288 - 03/09/18 06:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
jannesan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Finland
Joanne's voice brings additional warmth to the already warm atmosphere of the song. Excellent version.

Janne

#461400 - 03/09/18 07:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great collaboration and arrangement. This is my favorite version to date. Enjoyed my listen and was pleased how well Joanne embraced doing a version a bit different than normal. Well done.

#461403 - 03/09/18 08:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Thank you Shigeki for this wonderful version of the song. I had a lot of fun recording the vocal. Great job!

#461541 - 03/10/18 09:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, Robert

I am always very encouraged by your nice words.
After all the human voice is amazing.
Since it is not always possible to get in touch with vocalists, I often make a vocaloid version first.
But if I later replace it with an actual voice of a vocalist, I myself am always be deeply impressed by the warmth.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461542 - 03/10/18 09:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, Peter

Thank you very much for listening to the correct version of Joanne once again.
Yes, Joanne is a really good vocalist.
I am very glad you like this tune.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461543 - 03/10/18 09:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, Janne

Yes, Joanne's voice certainly brings additional warmth to this tune.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461544 - 03/10/18 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, Charlie

I am very glad to hear this is your favorite version to date.
I also think Joanne embraced doing a version a bit different than normal.
She was a little worried about that, but she presented a wonderful vocal.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461545 - 03/10/18 09:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, Joanne

Thank you very much for your vocal recording.
I much appreciate it.
I believe it was a really nice completion.
I think you are a wonderful vocalist who can handle any type of song.
Thank you again for your working on my version.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461549 - 03/11/18 12:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Shigeki Adachi and Joanne,

I'm really enjoying the listen.

As I'm sitting here tapping my feet and typing in time to the music, I'm smiling at the arrangement, Joanne's vocals and the way that the whole package is put together. It's definitely a creation that both of you can comfortably feel proud of.

All the best,
Noel

#461618 - 03/11/18 01:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Shigeki Adachi and Joanne,

A very nice collaboration. A very pleasant listen.

Well done. Good mix!

fj

#461688 - 03/11/18 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nice!! I did not know Joanne could sing Jazz. The melody is another classic...so sweet and memorable! Jazz guitar is nice but maybe a bit loud before the solo. Great collab guys!! Take care. Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Here are some tutorial videos we've created to help you install your Band-in-a-Box® purchase.

Our Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK are delivered as a download, on DVD, or on a 32GB USB flash drive.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from DVD: click here to watch.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the 32GB flash drive: click here to watch.
Your flash drive shipment also includes a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

The Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK is available as a download or shipped on a portable hard drive. When you receive the hard drive version, there are a few different installation options:

Option #1 - Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to watch.

Option #2 - Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to watch.

Option #3 - Install Band-in-a-Box® AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive: click here to watch.

All of these videos are available on our YouTube Channel or Videos support page.

Video - Making A Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Ever wonder how to create a song in Band-in-a-Box®? We start off with the basics in our latest video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

Windows users: click here | Mac users: click here

RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Forum Stats
27642 Members
50 Forums
52305 Topics
433041 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Protiusmime, Pranjali Reid, tunnelvision, mirartec, LumpyMusic

27642 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 177