Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#461076 - 03/08/18 12:01 AM [User Showcase] “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, forum friends.

In January of this year we had a project to make songs to Joanne's lyrics “The Paradox Of You” in this forum, and I also participated in it with a vocaloid Avanna’s vocal.
To my great honor, Joanne herself has decided to sing my version.
As FAWM was over she can take time to record her vocal.
The recording was completed the other day, so I would like to introduce it to you.
Joanne was a little worried that she had not a jazz type voice, but I think she presented a wonderful vocal.
Any comments encouraged.
Always welcome.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Vocal: Joanne Cooper

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/the-paradox-of-you-joanne-version

Style is _ALLEYS [Alleys Electro Bossa Soul Rhythm]
RealTracks in style: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 920:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Rumba Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2818:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm GospelSoul8thsBrent Ev16 110
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance/House - crunchy_120_drums ev16.wav
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: BossaRockFull^2-a:Brushes , b:HiHat
Guitar Solo: 2817:Guitar, Electric, Soloist SmoothSoulFast16thsBrent Ev16 110

The Paradox of You
(J. Cooper – S. Adachi)

Listening to the pouring rain
I know the sun will come
Light from dark and dry from wet
When wintertime is done

I see myself as the earth
And you the vast blue sky
Sometimes I keep you grounded
And you just let me fly

You are my true harmony
the balance that I find
through the windows of my days
In corners of my mind

Sometimes you’re the thick and long roots
growing in the night
Sometimes I’m the brilliant green leaves
bathing in your light

I love it when we talk
I love the silence too
I love the yin and yang of life
The paradox of you

You are just my harmony
the balance that I find
through the windows of my days
In corners of my mind

Sometimes you’re the thick and long roots
growing in the night
Sometimes I’m the brilliant green leaves
bathing in your light

In and out, hot and cold
Fear and courage, young and old
Good and bad, salty sweet
Up and down, messy neat

I love it when we talk
I love the silence too
I love the yin and yang of life
The paradox of you

Listening to the pouring rain
I know the sun will come
Light from dark and dry from wet
When wintertime is done

I see myself as the earth
And you the vast blue sky
Sometimes I keep you grounded
And you just let me fly

#461099 - 03/08/18 04:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
Hi Shigeki Adachi

Joanne Cooper has a nice rhythmic
vocaloid voice. Song flows nicely.
Great project keep up the good work!

#461127 - 03/08/18 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - you did an unreal job on this one, animarorecords! The groove, and the way everything flows together is superb. It is super catchy, in the best possible way. You got my toe tapping in about 10 seconds with this one. After a few listens I could imagine myself singing along too.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#461200 - 03/08/18 03:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Shigeki

I think you have accidentally linked this to the Vocaloid version - doesn't sound like Joanne.

Peter

#461208 - 03/08/18 05:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: PeterF]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Peter

Thank you very much for informing me about the wrong version.
I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file to Soundcloud by mistake.
I replaced it with a correct sound source immediately.
The link is the same as it is, but now the correct sound source will be played.
If you do not mind, please listen to the correct version of Joanne once again.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461209 - 03/08/18 05:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, LPman

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
But, I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file sung by vocaloid, Avanna to Soundcloud by mistake.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461210 - 03/08/18 05:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Deryk

Thank you very much for really nice comment.
But, I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file sung by vocaloid, Avanna to Soundcloud by mistake.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461233 - 03/08/18 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Shigeki & Joanne,
This was such lovely jazzy interpretation of the lyrics- it was good in the vocaloid version, now its much better!
Joanne`s vocal shows how classy the tune is... like something from a romantic 50`s movie.
I hope you get together again!

Robert

#461264 - 03/09/18 12:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Shigeki & Joanne

Very nice work - lovely arrangement and backing - nice to hear Joanne sing another version of her song.
Excellent work.

Peter

#461288 - 03/09/18 06:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Joanne's voice brings additional warmth to the already warm atmosphere of the song. Excellent version.

Janne

#461400 - 03/09/18 07:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great collaboration and arrangement. This is my favorite version to date. Enjoyed my listen and was pleased how well Joanne embraced doing a version a bit different than normal. Well done.

#461403 - 03/09/18 08:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Thank you Shigeki for this wonderful version of the song. I had a lot of fun recording the vocal. Great job!

#461541 - 03/10/18 09:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Robert

I am always very encouraged by your nice words.
After all the human voice is amazing.
Since it is not always possible to get in touch with vocalists, I often make a vocaloid version first.
But if I later replace it with an actual voice of a vocalist, I myself am always be deeply impressed by the warmth.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461542 - 03/10/18 09:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Peter

Thank you very much for listening to the correct version of Joanne once again.
Yes, Joanne is a really good vocalist.
I am very glad you like this tune.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461543 - 03/10/18 09:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Janne

Yes, Joanne's voice certainly brings additional warmth to this tune.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461544 - 03/10/18 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Charlie

I am very glad to hear this is your favorite version to date.
I also think Joanne embraced doing a version a bit different than normal.
She was a little worried about that, but she presented a wonderful vocal.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461545 - 03/10/18 09:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Joanne

Thank you very much for your vocal recording.
I much appreciate it.
I believe it was a really nice completion.
I think you are a wonderful vocalist who can handle any type of song.
Thank you again for your working on my version.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461549 - 03/11/18 12:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Shigeki Adachi and Joanne,

I'm really enjoying the listen.

As I'm sitting here tapping my feet and typing in time to the music, I'm smiling at the arrangement, Joanne's vocals and the way that the whole package is put together. It's definitely a creation that both of you can comfortably feel proud of.

All the best,
Noel

#461618 - 03/11/18 01:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Shigeki Adachi and Joanne,

A very nice collaboration. A very pleasant listen.

Well done. Good mix!

fj

#461688 - 03/11/18 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nice!! I did not know Joanne could sing Jazz. The melody is another classic...so sweet and memorable! Jazz guitar is nice but maybe a bit loud before the solo. Great collab guys!! Take care. Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27989 Members
57 Forums
53996 Topics
446043 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mononino, alphanumeric onl, Firebird, PMAudio, Ed Mace

27989 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 177