You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#480908 - 07/07/18 01:41 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Drums WIndow
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Wisconsin
When I open the drums windows in PT had click on an instrument, there is no sound. Please advise.
Thanks!
Bernie

#480918 - 07/07/18 02:42 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
What do you have selected for your midi sound? The drum window is midi.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#481253 - 07/10/18 01:51 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
Kent - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Hi Bernier,

Which version of PowerTracks are you using?

Let's go to Options - Preferences - MIDI - MIDI Devices. What's selected as the Output Driver? Is "Re-Route MIDI Playback to default DXi/VSTi Synth" checked? If so, what's selected as the Default DXi/VSTi Synth.

Let's click OK, then select the Audio tab in Preferences.

What do you have selected as your Audio driver type?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

#481271 - 07/10/18 04:44 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Kent,
I don't think the Drums window honors the 'Default VSTi' setting.
I believe it only works through the actual selected default device in MIDI Devices .. the raw windows device like MSWavetableSynth.
I've never been able to have it work using the default VSTi setting.
I think it is one of those 'legacy' plugins that has never been updated.

Hope I'm wrong, but that has been my experience and my recollection of Beta testing questions.
And even then it has a significant delay if I recall.

#481288 - 07/10/18 07:01 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Quote:
I don't think the Drums window honors the 'Default VSTi' setting

That's been my my experience, too.

Ripe for an update.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#481411 - 07/11/18 07:35 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
PG Music Staff

Hi guys,

I think you're right, I can trigger notes on a drum track with the onscreen keyboard, but the Drums window won't do it.

I'll do some more testing and report this tomorrow.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

#481585 - 07/12/18 05:24 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I miss JamesChandlerJr <grin>
seems like many of these legacy issues coincide with his departure
PGFX haven't had any love since about the same time
Wonder what he's up to now ..

#483273 - 07/25/18 05:02 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Most of the sounds work in the drums window. However, the handclap comes out as a snare drum. (Worked ok in previous versions of PT)
Any advice?

#483343 - 07/25/18 12:11 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Haven't opened this window in years, can't really think of anything other than the drums are not GM Spec ..

#483499 - 07/26/18 03:08 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
PG Music Staff

Hi Bernier,

We'll still need information about your MIDI settings to do any troubleshooting. What's selected as the MIDI Output Driver?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

#483560 - 07/27/18 04:22 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Kent - PG Music]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Juno

#483667 - 07/27/18 03:53 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Bernier,
There are lots of Junos. Which one?

I have a few myself, the 106 being the oldest (circa 1979).
Had a chance to own a 60 once but passed.

More recently there's the Juno-G, Juno-D, Di, which one are you using?

#483690 - 07/27/18 06:03 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
PG Music Staff

Whichever Juno it is, the Drums window should be sending the same notes as it did in previous versions (the snare still sounds like a snare when using the Microsoft GS Wavetable on my machine), so I'm thinking the drum kit that's selected on the Juno uses a clap for the note usually assigned to a snare.

Bernier, if you select the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth for MIDI Out instead of the Juno, the snare sounds like snare, correct?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

#483716 - 07/28/18 05:58 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Bernier's snare sounds like a snare it's his handclap that is the issue -
"However, the handclap comes out as a snare drum."

#484029 - 07/30/18 05:58 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Drums WIndow [Re: Bernier]
PG Music Staff

Oops, got them mixed up. My handclap is still a handclap for me too though, using the GS Wavetable. I still think this has to do with the drum kit used in the Juno, but we'll see.

Cheers
Kent

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27989 Members
57 Forums
53995 Topics
446027 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mononino, alphanumeric onl, Firebird, PMAudio, Ed Mace

27989 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 177