Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Announcing... Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest - 4 prizes of $150

We recently introduced Xtra Styles PAK 5 for Band-in-a-Box® - these are new fully mixed styles in four categories: Jazz, Country, Rock/Pop, and MIDI. Now you could win a prize for submitting a song that you made using Xtra Styles PAK 5! We have one prize for each category. The winners will receive a $150 USD coupon for a future Band-in-a-Box® purchase.

Participating can be as easy as typing in chords to a song, choosing an Xtra style, pressing play, then saving as an audio file and uploading to SoundCloud.

Please read the contest rules below. The contest is open for submission until midnight September 30, 2018.

Contest Rules

• You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
  • The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
  • Public domain songs will also be accepted.
  • Multiple entries are permitted.
  • Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline.

To submit a song:

1. Make a song using an Xtra Style. Your song can be entirely Band-in-a-Box® tracks, or you can add anything you want to it (vocals, additional instruments, etc.)

2. Save the song as an audio file and upload to SoundCloud (or somewhere else, as long as it can be downloaded/played from a url).

3. Post a new message in this forum, making sure to include: (1) a link to your song, (2) the name of the style you used (e.g. GUMBOPOP), and (3) the category (e.g. MIDI). Songs posted that do not list these 3 criteria will not be considered for this contest.

Please start a new thread for your song, rather than replying to an existing thread. It is a good idea to include the title of your song in your post title. Note: If you're not sure of the category, check out the list found here.

We will review the songs based on a combination of criteria, including:
  • creativity / originality.
  • good compositions / songwriting.
  • good use of Band-in-a-Box® or RealBand.
  • haven't won other recent contests (not a requirement).
  • other contributions on the PG Music forum (not a requirement).
  • overall quality.

Good luck to everyone who enters – we are really looking forward to hearing your submissions!

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey Andrew,

Question, for purposes of qualifying entries, may contestants use whatever plugins, VSTIs (for the MIDI tracks), and any audio effects we please?

Thanks!

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09

Question, for purposes of qualifying entries, may contestants use whatever plugins, VSTIs (for the MIDI tracks), and any audio effects we please?

Thanks!

Yes, yes, yes you can! Be as creative as you want... just make sure you that when you follow the 3-steps to post your entry, you:
(1) a link to your song
(2) state the name of the style you used (e.g. GUMBOPOP)
(3) list the category (e.g. MIDI).

....and if you use any plugins, etc., list those too! (unless it's your 'secret weapon')

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Is this right here the forum thread where we will be a-postin' our hit songs to?

This one right here???

Are we ta post a new thread in this one right here??

If so, I must warn you in advance:

God let me borrow Gregg and Duane for a few sessions on Xtra Styles 5 and that's about all I am gonna say on it at the moment.

Veteran
Veteran
How do you know if you have them? 2018 Styles,Bonus category filter?

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tommyc
How do you know if you have them?
Easy. The Xtra Paks do not come with ANY other purchases, bonuses or Paks.

So - If you didn't specifically buy them, you don't have them.

Last edited by Icelander; 08/10/18 02:40 PM. Reason: Further details

ooh, is that cake?!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Is this right here the forum thread where we will be a-postin' our hit songs to?

This one right here???

Are we ta post a new thread in this one right here??

Yes, just create a new post in this forum smile

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Alright! I got my Xtra Styls PAK 5. Let's get creative.

Samuel Davis Jr
BIAB 2018 + Cubase + Ignite
BMI

www.sammycountry.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
Follow up question: with regards to the requirement that "[t]he song you submit must be your own original composition," can we enter a song with lyrics from one of the "your take on the same song" threads (with an entirely original chord progression and arrangement, of course)?

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Veteran
Veteran
This has been raised a number of times before.

If lyrics were made freely available for people to use, like I did recently, and you used them to create something, that's fine. Also, public domain songs are free for use, too.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Noel, it just so happens that I was thinking of making a dub version of Deciduous Love :-)

On that note, I remember way back when you posted a bunch of additional/alternative lyrics which I can't seem to find, and I'm wondering if you'd be so kind as to link me to that particular post (if it's not too much trouble).

P.S. I'm also very eager to do a Hebrew language version of the great Joann Cooper's Paradox of You. I'm having trouble getting to a satisfactory translation, but I haven't given up on it yet! I've also had an insanely busy year with work, and things are just now starting to ease up, so I'm gearing myself up to actually recording and submitting a track or two... :-)

Veteran
Veteran
Here you go... I think that this the thread you were meaning.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=476589#Post476589

I'd really love to hear what you do with the lyrics. Please feel totally free to change anything you want to fit your composition better.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
[quote=Andrew - The contest is open for submission until midnight September 30, 2018.

Contest Rules

[/quote]
midnight September 30, 2018. what time zone eastern pacific etc

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: pghboemike
what time zone eastern pacific etc

Pacific

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
W
Expert
Expert
W
Here is my first contribution to the contest (in the pop category):

https://soundcloud.com/user-656274325/friday-night-at-the-monastery

I am using the style: _REVNANT.STY

Realtracks:
1826 Bass
1837 Piano
Realdrums: CloudRap
and
2019 (Sax - Mark Douthit)

And also 3 vocal tracks/loops

Will

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Here is my first contribution to the contest (in the pop category):

https://soundcloud.com/user-656274325/friday-night-at-the-monastery

I am using the style: _REVNANT.STY

Realtracks:
1826 Bass
1837 Piano
Realdrums: CloudRap
and
2019 (Sax - Mark Douthit)

And also 3 vocal tracks/loops

Will

Thanks Will! Please re-post this as it's own 'subject' within this forum.

Good luck!

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
W
Expert
Expert
W
So sorry for posting the wrong place, Callie. I'm still trying to get used to everything around here.
Will

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,341
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213