You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#49062 - 12/12/09 10:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] I am soooo bummed! I should have waited?
tomcadman Offline

I just rec'd the Christmas e-mail... and I was surprised!

I just spent my music money 2 months ago (~Oct 1) on the $99 upgrade from 9.0 to BIAB 9.5 w/realtracks thru #66 and realdrums thru 26. I assumed this would get me a great upgrade price when the new 2010 came out.

Now I find I could have gotten the same stuff plus 2010 and all the new real tracks for the same price?

Normally you guys have a great upgrade deal to keep us coming back. But this time I essentially end up paying $200 (or $240 for the HD version.) Where is the savings for being a good customer?

Money is so tight right now!

Bummed!

#49063 - 12/12/09 10:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: tomcadman]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Life's a beach...

Bu if you want it you'd better jump on it before Dec ends or the price goes up to the normal retail price after that.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#49064 - 12/12/09 11:18 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: Mac]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

>>>I just spent my music money 2 months ago (~Oct 1) on the $99 upgrade from 9.0 to BIAB 9.5 w/realtracks thru #66 and realdrums thru 26. I assumed this would get me a great upgrade price when the new 2010 came out.

It does get you a discount, you can get the upgrade on DVD's for $99, wheras people that don't have 2009.5 w/realtracks thru #66 pay $139.
http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showfl...ge=0#Post250288

#49065 - 12/13/09 07:47 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: PeterGannon]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Tom,
If you've been following the threads you'll see that at the beginning the $99 DVD update wasn't even offered. Someone asked Peter about this and boom here's a $99 update to help folks like you out. Try that with Adobe or Sony .
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
http://wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.html

#49066 - 12/13/09 08:54 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: silvertones]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

Try that with Adobe or Sony .

Try just changing Sony Soundforge or Sony Acid to a new computer when the old one dies and see what happens...

"Mother may I?"

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#49067 - 12/13/09 11:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: Mac]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I have some old Soundforge effects for mastering and every time I want to put them on another computer I have to get a new code from the Sony site. This in itself is an acrobatic feat.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
http://wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.html

#49068 - 12/13/09 07:52 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: silvertones]
tomcadman Offline

Thanks for all the 'encouragement' guys. I am not knocking the software nor am I knocking the company.

I am lamenting my own foolish buying history and my assumptions. Next time I just need to wait. I usually budget to upgrade once a year around Christmas. I jumped the gun and should have checked the forums for the upcoming 10.0 version BEFORE getting the 9.5 version.

Now where to find the money at Christmas time? (Maybe I can take back some of the kid's gifts? They don't really need books and clothes anyway!)

I will be accepting donations at www.IspentTooDarnSoonAtPGmusic.com

#49069 - 12/13/09 11:55 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: tomcadman]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
Ah...you do know that your link is broke?

IT'S A JOKE FOLKS!
Custom Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS HDD, 2 2gb Internal HDD, 8tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2017, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, IK Multimedia / iZotope / Plug & Mix VST-VSTi Collections

#49070 - 12/16/09 06:19 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: PeterGannon]
BlueTurbit Offline
Apprentice

Loc: TX
Quote:

>>>I just spent my music money 2 months ago (~Oct 1) on the $99 upgrade from 9.0 to BIAB 9.5 w/realtracks thru #66 and realdrums thru 26. I assumed this would get me a great upgrade price when the new 2010 came out.

It does get you a discount, you can get the upgrade on DVD's for $99, wheras people that don't have 2009.5 w/realtracks thru #66 pay $139.
http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showfl...ge=0#Post250288

Ummm, okay. But he does make a valid point. Everybody who upgraded to the summer pack is paying $99 twice, and all they get is DVD's.
But everyone who didn't upgrade mid-year gets the same thing for $139 plus a hard drive to boot. yep. And those who didn't upgrade since 2008 or earlier get everything for $159. No?
It' s not unreasonable to assume that the most loyal customers are getting the short end of the stick. Where's the reward? LOL

#49071 - 12/20/09 10:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: BlueTurbit]
tomcadman Offline

Nice to know somebody gets it (i.e. BlueTurbit). But ultimately, no sour grapes here. I do not begrudge their generosity to the others who waited and did not get the summer pack. Good fortune for you all. I learned a valuable lesson- wait and stick to the plan!

Also... we may be homeless out on the street, but I upgraded anyway. ;-) This set rocks!

#49072 - 12/21/09 07:36 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: tomcadman]
pwhack Offline
Apprentice

This thread reminds me of the bible story (not that I'm overly religious) where the vine yard boss employed people at various times throughout the day and then paid them all the same rate, to much complaining from the early workers.

When the early start workers complained the boss said "Did I not pay you what I promised and it’s my option to pay the late start workers what I like"

PG is right I think to give a good price to everyone at this time of year, shows a great generosity of spirit on their part, and it’s a bit petty to be envious of what others got biab for.

Happy Christmas to everybody.

Paddy

#49073 - 12/21/09 10:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: pwhack]
Beagle Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Fort Worth TX, USA
just remember that for next year and don't upgrade in the late summer (after the summer sale) or in the early fall (before the fall release of the new version). for that matter, don't upgrade during the spring either. these are choices you made - just make better choices in the future.

#49074 - 12/22/09 03:34 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: Beagle]
tomcadman Offline

Gee... wish I'd thought of that, Beagle. LOL!

#49075 - 12/22/09 08:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: I am soooo bummed! I should have waited? [Re: tomcadman]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Yes, you really should have thought of that. LOL

I like to support the company's new developments as best I can, and that means taking advantage of the summer upgrades as well. You get the use of the program's new features and Real Tracks for six extra months, and they do give you somewhat of a break toward the next version. Overall, I think PG Music is the most fair company I have ever dealt with.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Forum Stats
27617 Members
50 Forums
52231 Topics
432366 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
donbaxter, Jose-Luis-NZ, Cipher, BillyP, fleahead

27616 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 197
Noel96 174