Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Good Morning Stefan

A most entertaining and captivating song indeed.
As a relative newbie to BIAB, I was fascinated by the video and the song script, production and final product was absolutely fantastic.

The Intro and the Harmonica, oh wow and the angry Croation! Excellent and this song will always be on my visit list for inspiration

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Dear Loren,

what can I say - your unbelievable comment really knocked me to the floor... Thank you so much for that wonderful plaudit. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the song that much and I do hope I won't disappoit you with what I will come up with soon.

Your very kind words mean especially much to me, because I know that you've made a lot of extremely fine tunes and have a lot of expertise.

So thank you very much again and all the best for 2020.

Take good care,

Stefan

PS: Since you asked me to post the full lyrics - here they are:

Just For The Record

In the late sixties there was something in the air,
the smell of freedom, love and peace and the smokes young folks would share..
They thought that they could change the world more than just an bit,
get rid of racism and violence and hate and all that [*****].

Some were Hippies, looking quirky, but their aims were good,
What’s so funny about love and peace and brotherhood?
Some were just fed up by the smugness they felt then,
Wouldn’t toe the line, those ‘angr young men’

Every now and then a little lie may save your day,
but are 12,000 lies within three years still okay?
Instead of wisdom, moral and integrity,
the world is being ruled by sheer insanity.

Yes, times have changed, but not the way we’d thought,
Let’s face the facts: Our plans have come to naught.
Yes, I was one of those angry young men,
Just for the record: Now I am an angry OLD man.

Now I’m not sentimental and I just don’t care
that that Hippie look is gone along with most of my hair.
But I’m missing a few things we thought that we might need
Like equality of all folks despite of color, race and creed.

I’m not keen on living like they lived in the past,
but we’ll have to drop some comfort, if we want the rest to last.
Here’s to all those who think the eath is still on sale:
If you want to go on breathing, better learn to not inhale.

It’s obvious, so you won’t need much intuition:
Hate speech’s become already part of our oral tradition !
If you think ‘My country first and screw the rest!’
Remember sunday school: The first shall be last’.

Yes, times have changed, but not the way we’d planned,
Looks like our dreams were just castles made of sand.
If they think they can screw our lives, just because they can
This is for the record: Now I’m an angry OLD man.

It’s amazing how some guys these days can break the law,
without - figuratively spoken - getting one in the jaw.
All animals are equal, isn’t that what we were told?
Ha, the pigs are still more equal, and that’s all she wrote.

You don’t have to be a commie to know things won’t end well for sure
If the rich are getting richer while the poor foliks just stay poor.
Is changing the perspective really so hard to do?
Just don’t do to others what you don’t want them to do to you.

The latest trend in leadership is a sensation,
Narcissism is the new main qualification.
Empathy and candour are not in demand,
While unscrupulessness and brutality are grand

Yes, times have changed, but in the wrong way
Believe me that I’m getting angrier from day to day.
Let’s all brace up, we need a new plan,
This is for the record: Now I’m an angry old man.

Yes, times have changed, we’re in a mess it seems.
Ain’t it about time to exhume our buried dreams?
Let’s get loud the way that we were then.
We’re lots of angry women and lots of angry old men

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi WobblyGString (that nameis a killer !!!!!!!),

I'm so sorry that I missed your very kind and supportive comment - shame on me !

I'm really happy that you liked the song and the video that much and I'm really flattered and humbled by your very kind compliments - thank you so much for them.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi WobblyGstring ,

I had to return to your post even if it were only to write your terrifuc name again... cool

If you're interestes in any more songs and videos of mine you can find them here:
http://www.nachtsheim.de/BJN/BJN-Videos.html.
They're sorted according to their release date, and the first ones were still pretty 'normal', but they soon got ... eh ... weirder...

If you ever need any info on e.g. a video effect or anything else you'd like to know more about, don't hesitate to contact me.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Don't let the [*****] win! Great production, powerful song, not lacking humor, but that's always been the case. Loved it.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You write such clever lyrics! Great Song!

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Tangmo,

oh no, we won't let them win - at least in the long run. Though things are pretty depressing at the moment...

Thanks a lot for your kind words, I'm glad you likerd and enjoyed JFTR.

Take care

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Tommyc
You write such clever lyrics! Great Song!

Thank you, Tommy, glad you liked it.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Man, that's off the hook!
What a great production.

You are quite a talented, creative person.
I've done a few "protest songs" but none....with such fun.

EXCELLENT!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan ...

Wie gewöhnlich verspäte ich mich zur Partei. Aber ich bin erfreut, angekommen zu sein. Als ich in Deutschland lebte, hatte ich einen sehr guten deutschen Freund von Idar Oberstein, wer verrückt ganz häufig wurde. Ich nannte ihn immer einen 'Launischer Alten Bussard'! Er war ein wirklich guter Freund, aber er hatte seine Momente!

Ich liebte das Lied und das Video. Du und Maha sind so talentiert. Das war so viel Spass, um zuzusehen. Ich würde glauben, dass es verlangt, dass sich viele Wochen der Arbeit zum Video versammeln. Aber was ein Vergnügen es für uns Zuhörer ist!

Wir hoffen, dass die Gesundheit von Maha fortsetzt sich zu verbessern. Die Gesundheit von Di ist ein wenig besser.

Wir wünschen Euch alles das sehr gut ist. Sie sind sehr liebe Freunde Di und mir. Am besten Wünsche.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 03/12/20 07:10 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Man, that's off the hook!
What a great production.

You are quite a talented, creative person.
I've done a few "protest songs" but none....with such fun.

EXCELLENT!

Hi Cap,

thanks a lot for your very kiond comment on JFTR - I really apreciate your words a lot!

All the best to you and yours and most of all: Stay healthy!

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Stefan ...

Wie gewöhnlich verspäte ich mich zur Partei. Aber ich bin erfreut, angekommen zu sein. Als ich in Deutschland lebte, hatte ich einen sehr guten deutschen Freund von Idar Oberstein, wer verrückt ganz häufig wurde. Ich nannte ihn immer einen 'Launischer Alten Bussard'! Er war ein wirklich guter Freund, aber er hatte seine Momente!

Ich liebte das Lied und das Video. Du und Maha sind so talentiert. Das war so viel Spass, um zuzusehen. Ich würde glauben, dass es verlangt, dass sich viele Wochen der Arbeit zum Video versammeln. Aber was ein Vergnügen es für uns Zuhörer ist!

Wir hoffen, dass die Gesundheit von Maha fortsetzt sich zu verbessern. Die Gesundheit von Di ist ein wenig besser.

Wir wünschen Euch alles das sehr gut ist. Sie sind sehr liebe Freunde Di und mir. Am besten Wünsche.

Alan

Dear Alan,

once again it was stunning to see how good your German still is - thanks a lot for taking the time and the inconvenience for writing that long e-mail in German.

Aside of the fact that these have become terrible times with the worst still ahead I hope that Di and you are in - at least comaparably - good heakth and that you have the chance to stay off the streets as often as possible.
We are facing kind of a lockdown over here, but the number of infections nevertheless doubles every three days. If the pandemic doesn't get stopped one way or another soon the world will not be the one we've known until now.

Thanks a lot for your very kind and flattering comment on JFTR - I am always especially excited to read your comments !!!!!

Maha is still (or again)in a really bad shape these days - sometimes it's hard to not lose optimism but we just have to be patient.

My dear friend - Maha and I wish Di and you all the very best from the bottom of our hearts - please stay healthy and keep on delighting us with your favulaous music.

All the very, very best,

Stefan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,660
Posts735,527
Members38,529
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
William L, gman97040, kadju, theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay
38,528 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173