Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#65171 - 04/02/10 03:04 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
stratocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Denmark
That's what I thought, I have replied and tried to clarify my problem, thanks Rharv!

#65172 - 04/02/10 04:26 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: stratocaster]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

You guys are missing the obvious. Please sit down. Copy & paste.Merge with existing data
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.Wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.php

#65173 - 04/02/10 04:36 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: silvertones]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Good point John, but the fact is it used to work when merging two mono tracks ; it stayed mono. Now it changes to stereo, so why have the second 'merge two mono tracks to stereo' option?
The first one is obviously not functioning correctly..

#65174 - 04/02/10 05:08 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Still does. In PT however the PT dialog only allows the merge of 2 tracks were as the RB dialog allows the merge of multiple tracks thus I think the reason to merge to stereo.
15.6" Monitor

#65175 - 04/02/10 06:54 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: silvertones]
rharv Offline
Veteran

There is still that stereo option though, right? There *should* be a merge that doesn't change the mono track format, when needed. I question how often it would be 'needed' but since you work in mono a lot I would think you'd agree.
Good wish-list item at the very least, but I can see contacting support and asking if they know it changed. May have slipped by with an improvement.
Beta doesn't catch everything!

#65176 - 04/02/10 08:09 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Anybody tried setting the global record input option to mono L before attempting this?

Might change what you get, just a thought.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#65177 - 04/03/10 03:34 AM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: Mac]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Interesting concept - nope, hadn't thought of that!
Will try it though.

#65178 - 04/03/10 06:34 AM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Doesn't have anything to do with this thread really but I do everything in stereo I just don't pan anything left or right but it's still stereo.
15.6" Monitor

#65179 - 04/03/10 09:30 AM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: silvertones]
rharv Offline
Veteran

John,
In your three songs thread I thought you said you mixed everything in mono?

Mac, this deosn't make a difference here, whether set to stereo left or right.

#65180 - 04/03/10 11:59 AM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I guess in this day and age there's really no real mono just stereo were both tracks are the same.
15.6" Monitor

#65181 - 04/03/10 04:59 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
stratocaster Offline
Journeyman

Here's how I've often used PT with no problems: If I have a difficult guitar passage I sometimes break it up on several tracks, and when I'm satisfied with all my parts I merge 'em back into a single mono track.

#65182 - 04/04/10 06:41 AM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: stratocaster]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Cheater!

I hope they give it back to us, although cut/paste or copy/paste could be used for this as John mentioned

#65183 - 04/05/10 12:14 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
stratocaster Offline
Journeyman

If you merge two mono tracks (in PT) I have always had the notion that they would merge in accordance with the channels volume settings, where as a copy/paste won't take the volume setting into consideration?

#65184 - 04/05/10 12:53 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: stratocaster]
rharv Offline
Veteran

In PT this is true I believe, we were discussing Realband here though.

I usually use the gain change to adjust the volumes before merging. In all actuality I rarely merge anymore until the final mixdown, as todays machines can handle the multiple tracks without much problem so I leave the options open for down the road.

#65185 - 04/05/10 04:40 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
stratocaster Offline
Journeyman

That's true Rharv! My only reason for merging is to get a clearer overview over the takes, due to my "cheating" a single track may spread over so many tracks that I have a hard time remembering what they contain:-)

#65186 - 04/05/10 04:54 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: stratocaster]
rharv Offline
Veteran

If you are compiling tracks, it is often better to copy/paste paying attention to the checkboxes included in the pop up window. I think John mentioned this earlier.

#65187 - 04/06/10 03:19 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

Why not just "arm" a new mono track, mute everything you don't want to merge,
then hit the record button and let it play through to get the ones you want on a new mono track.

(I'm not at home so I only assume this will work in RB)

Good luck!
LLOYD S

#65188 - 04/06/10 03:54 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: Lloyd S]
rharv Offline
Veteran

For many soundcards the method Lloyd mentions will mean it gets run the the DA - AD conversion cycle again.
Effectively making it a second generation track. May be fine for some, may not for others.
Some soundcards allow it to happen in the digital domain.

#65189 - 04/06/10 04:46 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: rharv]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

You are really making this hard on yourself. RB can merge any number of tracks all at once. Yes it will merge to a stereo file but who cares. You'll have two identical tracks. One will come out the left one out the right. It'll sound and act just like a mono file cause when you play a mono file the soundcard splits it to 2 stereo tracks anyway. You just can't see it.
15.6" Monitor

#65190 - 04/06/10 05:48 PM [RealBand] Re: Merge two audio tracks? [Re: silvertones]
stratocaster Offline
Journeyman

Well, not really, I guess it's because I have been doing it lots of times in PT I miss the function in RB :-)
By the way, I just got a similar answer from PG:

"When you merge the mono tracks, you'll see the merged track is a stereo
track but the L/R tracks are MONO. So in order to get a mono track out of
it:
[ Track > Split a stereo track into 2 mono tracks ]
Delete one of the mono tracks, and the stereo track

That should do it. Let us know if that doesn't work for you."

I consider it a work around and am sure that it will be remedied in future releases. Don't get me wrong, I'm really satisfied and content with RB, I had just gotten so used and delighted with PT that I compare everything to that :-)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest - Listen to All the Entries!

Our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest is over, and the winners have been announced - congratulations again to forum users fiddler2007, rodipoet, Will Josef, and Ezekiel's Storm!

And, a BIG thank you to everyone who entered their songs on our contest - WOW what a great list of songs! We've arranged all the song entries into one simple list, if you'd like to listen to all the entries click here.

Forum Stats
28070 Members
57 Forums
54421 Topics
449946 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ugtk, helenmai, chuckster55, KeithR, Andreu Casado

28070 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 167
David Snyder 151